10+ Year Old Account

help out my fellow elemental shaman.

Hi, as the topic says, could you awesome guys and girls please help my friend with some advice?
    here's the an example log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...e/?s=105&e=284

the problem is that he was doing really well in FL10hc and now after the DS patch he has just been crap, and i feel bad for him
    since I know how badly he loves his elemental shaman when things go the way it should. atm, he's saying its all about the state
    of the elemental shaman and that he doesn't feel like going 3/4 t13 because he thinks its a bigger dos bonus to stick with 4set t12hc.
    here's his armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Xzani/simple
    he's doing about the same at every fight (not more dos but the so called "effort" for the group). the other Ele shaman is our healer, i want you to look at
    xzani.

thank you in advance! love this community!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll first start off by telling you that Mastery > Haste now.

There's many places where he has a lot of haste that should be converted to mastery (Belt, boots). You should try to reforge haste to spirit over mastery. Wait for the T13 4pc and then switch immediately, your DPS will boost with the 2Pc and 4Pc working together.

Another thing to point out, if he is sticking with the T12 4pc he should have Lava Burst Glyph over Lightning Bolt, this is a big mistake. Lava Burst Glyph > Lightning Bolt.

As for the DPS on Ultraxion, he does not pre-pot, nor does he pot during the fight which is lowering his DPS. Unleash elements should never be used, nor should chain lightning used on a single target fight.

Reckless orange gems (+20 int, +20 haste) should be Adept (+20 int, +20 mastery).

I hope this helps, there's a lot this guy could work on.
    Last edited by Gerel; 2012-02-07 at 01:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerel View Post

There's many places where he has a lot of haste that should be converted to mastery (Belt, boots). You should try to reforge haste to spirit over mastery. Wait for the T13 4pc and then switch immediately, your DPS will boost with the 2Pc and 4Pc working together.

Another thing to point out, if he is sticking with the T12 4pc he should have Lava Burst Glyph over Lightning Bolt, this is a big mistake. Lava Burst Glyph > Lightning Bolt.

As for the DPS on Ultraxion, he does not pre-pot, nor does he pot during the fight which is lowering his DPS. Unleash elements should never be used, nor should chain lightning used on a single target fight.

Reckless orange gems (+20 int, +20 haste) should be Adept (+20 int, +20 mastery).

I hope this helps, there's a lot this guy could work on.
    i'll tell him this, if u feel like you could point more things out i'd really appreciate it!

Almost every post on here says that haste and mastery all depend on your current gear. Has this changed very recently?

Unleash elements should never be used
    Ultraxion is the only exception imo as it is easy to shoot 1 off just before pressing the button if you wont have time to finish a cast
    Artful :-)

@OP - 2t12 Is very powerfull - even after the nerf, but 2/4t13 is better in the long run. 4t12 is nice - but he should get 2t13 asap. A little tip with 2t12 could be to try a 31/2/7 spec for longer uptime on his Fire ele.

Untrue. There's no clear-cut answer like you just gave. I would bet (without simming it) that haste, in his current gear is better then mastery. This will equal out the better gear he gets - and as he's getting closer to BiS gear, mastery will most likely be better then haste... Short answer Sim it!

This is correct - with instant LvB from the 4t12 the LvB-glyph is better then LB-glyph. But as soon as he goes 2t12 he should use LB-glyph again. While using 2t12 he should be using the Fire ele-glyph tho. At Ultra its not needed as it seems you kill him in around 3 mins. Even in 4t13 in longer fights (6-7+ mins) the Fire ele glyph is really good.

Actually a lot of ele shamans, macro UE into pressing the button - to get extra dps off while pressing the button.

/stopcasting
    /cast Unleash Elements
    /click ExtraActionButton1

Same as my first statement.
    Last edited by Darcam; 2012-02-07 at 09:51 AM.

Deleted
    Why do so many boomkins and ele shamans I see insist on buying the crit haste relic?

Spirit mastery is better for both of them. crit is the least favoured stat for both specs, even though haste is their TOP choice of secondary stat (differs slightly for ele shamans) mastery is by no means a bad stat.
    Do people think that just because it has haste on it that it is instantly better?

Also there is no excuse of "Oh I got this relic for my resto set and haven't got the dps one yet." That doesn't exist because the spirit mastery relic is the one both would want for resto.

Just a short thing: on the sample Ultraxion the 2t12 with which he is sticking so fervently is absolutely useless, it doesn't reset fast enough. On longer fights it still helps, but he still should get the T13 bonuses. They're good and ilvl pushes the difference further. On Ultr is will be just much more noticeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporky0 View Post
    Why do so many boomkins and ele shamans I see insist on buying the crit haste relic?

Spirit mastery is better for both of them. crit is the least favoured stat for both specs, even though haste is their TOP choice of secondary stat (differs slightly for ele shamans) mastery is by no means a bad stat.
    Do people think that just because it has haste on it that it is instantly better?

Also there is no excuse of "Oh I got this relic for my resto set and haven't got the dps one yet." That doesn't exist because the spirit mastery relic is the one both would want for resto.
    cuz haste is so much more worth than mastery for a moonkin. i don't know about ele shamans though.

thanks for all the good answers i'll tell him!

Chain Lightning got a shorter cast time than Lightning Bolt, so instead of casting a LB and cancelling at 1.2 sec into the cast to use Heroic Will, you could cast a full Chain Lightning. And what the others said about Unleash Elements, you just need to be off-gcd. You should also pay attention to the remaining duration of your Flame Shock and mind the downtime during Heroic Will where you will be unable to cast earthshock, so after hour of twilight/fading your earth shock and flame shock might get uncomfortably close, try to avoid this by casting earth shock right before heroic will instead of Unleash Elements if youre off gcd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jqar View Post
    Chain Lightning got a shorter cast time than Lightning Bolt, so instead of casting a LB and cancelling at 1.2 sec into the cast to use Heroic Will, you could cast a full Chain Lightning. And what the others said about Unleash Elements, you just need to be off-gcd. You should also pay attention to the remaining duration of your Flame Shock and mind the downtime during Heroic Will where you will be unable to cast earthshock, so after hour of twilight/fading your earth shock and flame shock might get uncomfortably close, try to avoid this by casting earth shock right before heroic will instead of Unleash Elements if youre off gcd.
    No using Earth shock when not at 6+ stacks is a DPS loss, so yes using UE macroed is a much better idea. Given that if timed correctly either your FS will be running out or LvB will be coming off CD giving both a nice little bump.