Page 1 of 3
LastLast

When do Jedi lose the awful brown look?

So rerolled republic and enjoying my Shadow. The story sucks but class is fun to play, which is all I care about. Just wondering about one thing. When do I ditch this terribad brown armor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Jedi traditionally wear 'modest' colors so most of the gear you'll see is brown, white, and some pastels.

So nothing badass like the Sith War Hero?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Pretty unlikely if they attempt to even somewhat close to traditional clothing. Granted, I do agree that the current JK sets are pretty terrible.

If u want Sith armor u have to roll one, or mail stuff from the other side, some armor doesnt have restrictions

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well one side is about being humble and, where as the other is about being selfish

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Nope. Not even if you take some BoE things off the Sith GTN and mail them to your Pub toon (you can cross faction mail within your own legacy btw)

It will change to the armor style of the faction.

Had a sweet red/white chest peice I wanted to send to my Pureblood Shadow...it turned into a not so sweet tunic...not even a robe

I'd totally trade you all our (The Empires) absolutely hideous gear for just one single traditional robe. Is it really that far fetched for the Sith to have a normal black or gray robe? They did in the Kotors...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is you will be longing for those traditional brown robes once you get a hold of the tier sets. For the most part, the end game armor is all pretty hideous. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Nope. Not even if you take some BoE things off the Sith GTN and mail them to your Pub toon (you can cross faction mail within your own legacy btw)

It will change to the armor style of the faction.

Had a sweet red/white chest peice I wanted to send to my Pureblood Shadow...it turned into a not so sweet tunic...not even a robe
    I had no idea of this, good to know thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I sort of like the way my sentinel looks in full rakata gear... http://imageshack.us/f/851/screenshot2012041622304.jpg/
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Mynta Vali Daseriu View Post
    I'd totally trade you all our (The Empires) absolutely hideous gear for just one single traditional robe. Is it really that far fetched for the Sith to have a normal black or gray robe? They did in the Kotors...
    there are lots of simple black, gray and even white robes for sith. the auction house is also full of augmented versions of them.

So rerolled republic and enjoying my Shadow. The story sucks but class is fun to play, which is all I care about. Just wondering about one thing. When do I ditch this terribad brown armor?
    On my synthweaver I can craft like a third the jedi knight sets (about 6 sets).

They all look like something a sith warrior should be wearing.

Same goes from my sage gear. Its very dark and evil looking.

You could probably mix and match a few pieces to look kinda cool. Maybe go for a black / white look or red / white. YOU COULD LOOK LIKE A SCARLET MONASTERY PRIEST!!!

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 05:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    there are lots of simple black, gray and even white robes for sith. the auction house is also full of augmented versions of them.
    This.

ya'll need to get over the set pieces and quest gear. get some augmented stuff.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Not the ones I want. The only one that looks decent (that I'm using), is the Supreme Inquisitor's set, which is the closest to what I want. If only it where white.

Augmented stuff is so expensive, and it's all ugly. Plus, augments are just as (if not more) expensive than the gear to use them in. It'd cost a couple million to get full augments. >.>
    Last edited by ghostkitteh; 2012-04-26 at 05:22 PM.

Not the ones I want. The only one that looks decent (that I'm using), is the Supreme Inquisitor's set, which is the closest to what I want. If only it where white.
    Voss social gear.

Lv 20 inquiz pvp gear.

The Voss social gear is nice, but not the style I want. The 20 pvp gear is ugly as fuck imho.

The Voss social gear is nice, but not the style I want. The 20 pvp gear is ugly as fuck imho.
    Put on the voss chest piece with the rest of your supreme inquis gear, color match. the voss chest piece will dye the rest of the set white.

That may work, though from what I've experienced with the color match, it doesn't tend to look just right. Will check it out when I get a chance. Why can't I just go find Atris' robes...then all would be perfect.

I'd like to add the transmogrify and moddable armor has really changed the gear appearance dynamic.

If a new set comes out that I don't like? I don't care anymore. I'm not gonna wear it. Its not like I have to just suck it up and put it on cause it has a good set bonus and stats.

In crafting you basiclly get set clusters every 10 levels after lv 19 and a level 50 set.
    4 for medium
    4 for heavy
    2 for light.

That's like 30 sets.

If you are someone who wears light armor, you have all the social armor. There's like 10 sets of that.

And they plan on making all the new gear after this RE'able.

Plus

You know what I think? Once they get it so social gear scales up to your highest armor proficiency? I think they are going to make that standard for all moddables.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd trade anyday for a shot at hooded robes for my Marauder, WITH pants... There's none unless you wanna PvP to Valor rank 70, which kinda kills it if you're not interested in PvP. Recruit PvP is nice, but you can't put mods in it.