Recommend PC games

Not sure if this goes in this board but offtopic seemed a worse place for it.
    Have only ever played wow on my pc because I had a terrible graphics card right up until 2 days ago, I just used the xbox to see shiny games. Now that everything is up and running on my pc, I feel like finally playing wow on ultra isn't really the best test for it. Could anyone recommend recent shiny pc games to buy now that I can play them? I like almost every kind of game except for pure fps games. (I say pure fps because I did enjoy slightly fps games like bioshock and fallout, skyrims like a first person sword i spose :P) I just don't enjoy games like cod basically, just a personal preference because they are fun to play with people but bad to play alone

best game of all times is Nethack from nethack.org, so it wont be good for testing your graphic card as it has ASCII graphics.

There is always Battlefield 3, which is more teambased then Cod and so on.
    Skyrim as you already mentioned with high-res textures is also a very shiny game (:

I'm actually looking for a new game myself so can't really recommend anything other then those two :/
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

mafia 2 even though Mafia 1 is also really good

Really shiny games? Hmm, how about Crysis 2 with DX11 update? Shiny? Yes, I think so. Especially on ultra settings. Other options are, as mentioned above, BF3 and Skyrim, which are also beautiful games. But in my eyes, Crysis 2 is the shiniest game atm.

thanks for the recommends, will definitely check them out today in the game store, only game I had at hand to test the card with was bulletstorm, ran pretty damn smoothly. Pity that there probably aren't any more rpgs that I wouldn't have played before.

Wait 3 more weeks and grab Mass Effect 3. I know it's fps but with good chunk of rpg, walking, talking and points spending. Meanwhile you can try ME1 and ME2 if you don't know the story. For GFX mind blow you could try StarCraft 2/Red Alert 3 if you like rock-paper-scissor balance or Supreme Commander:Forged Alliance for more realistic combat. From economy ones take a look on Anno 2070. I'd also suggest Crysis but it's pure fps... Oh, I know - The Witcher 2. New Hitman also looks visually nice. If you liked/played Black&White and enjoyed it you can try From Dust.

Well, a few games that came to my mind atm. Hope I helped a bit.

Pretty sure to be classified as FPS the game has to be in first person. Mass Effect 3 is not an FPS.

Indeed, Mass Effect 3 is not a FPS, other than that - highly recommended. Even better if you play the other 2 first.

Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    If you liked/played Black&White and enjoyed it you can try From Dust.
    oohh highly praised comparison I love that game, imma try from dust for sure

Mass Effect being fps - you're right, my bad. It's tps (mixed with rpg). I had some brain eclipse when I typed that, dunno why. Anyway, despite obvious mistake with category it's still worth trying. Especially because the immense and epic story.

Also, my personal twist, I found Portal 2 nice in terms of graphics. GLaDOS ftw.

Deleted
    Skyrim is a pretty awesome game; I've sunk tons of time in it since it was launched. The Mass Effect series is well worth buying too (ME1 isn't the best game, but it's worth buying just to complete the set when ME3 comes out). Batman AA/AC, Assassin's Creed series .. Portal 2 (though it's short, unless you co-op a lot).

Oh, and can't forget Minecraft. It's the most ridiculously addictive simple game ever.

Not very shiny, but TF2 definitely deserves a mention. Minecraft is a good one. Trine 1 & 2, Magicka and Orcs Must Die! are all good ones in my opinion, though not so shiny. L.A. Noire might be worth a shot, Deus Ex and if you want to piss your pants; Amnesia.

Portal 2, if you haven't already played through it on console.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you like Tower Defense games I would highly reccomend Dungeon Defenders ($3 right now on Amazon) just picked it up and im having a blast with me and my mates.

RTS: SC2

RPG: Dragon Age:Origins