Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So many trolls in this thread! >_<

I find it hard to believe that this many people are either this uninformed, or lack the ability to read stickies...
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    I'm talking raiding.
    There are only 2 games in the market with any kind of raiding, which is swtor and wow, and both of the games use the trinity system.
    And please name me those games, you've made me quite curious there.
    I'm talking monthly fee, which yields the most profit for the company. And generally the more money that company gets the more it is able to produce.
    Actually that’s not true, it has been proven many times that a price model with F2P and financing by the initial cost of the game and micro transactions in game can be more profitable than a subscription based game model. It also generally leads to a better game since the developers have to deliver or they won’t get paid.

I think we have seen the truth in the last paragraph in the last 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosvidaniya View Post
    Amazingly enough, Skyrim didn't have either of those things and did extremely well. What many people don't seem to understand is that GW2 is designed to be far closer to Skyrim or a traditional RPG than the current MMOs dominating the market. Yeah, you may get tired of it. Just like you got tired of Skyrim. However, since you aren't paying them to play, they don't care if you take breaks.

Are you seriously comparing skyrim and gw2?

Skyrim, the one of the elder scrolls, following oblivion,morrowind and daggerfall, that are VERY successful games of the past decade being amongst the top RPG"s in gaming history?

Skyrim succeeded because it's built up a HUGE fanbase in many years, it's known for it's brand, and it's a single-player game available to all platforms, while guild wars is not.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    GW2 been advertising for awhile, just because you don't see an add on an already released game or a game that comes out in 2 on weeks T.V. doesn't mean it hasn't been advertising, the polls show it.
    Of course the poll shows it, this was posted in the GW2 forum lol

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    Actually that’s not true, it has been proven many times that a price model with F2P and financing by the initial cost of the game and micro transactions in game can be more profitable than a subscription based game model. It also generally leads to a better game since the developers have to deliver or they won’t get paid.

I think we have seen the truth in the last paragraph in the last 2-3 years.
    The only one that comes to my mind is League of Legends. I just can't seem to think of anything else, care to share?

Quote Originally Posted by N0pe View Post
    Of course the poll shows it, this was posted in the GW2 forum lol
    There is more then one poll and more then one poll linked in a specific game site. Hell the current poll of 2012 was linked in MoP forum and people voting for GW2 there.

And I don't think the 200 people here make up the 4k votes GW2 has.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-02-10 at 08:32 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I'm talking raiding.
    There are only 3 games in the market with any kind of raiding, which is swtor,rift and wow, and both of the games use the trinity system.
    And please name me those games, you've made me quite curious there.

edit: missed rift, but we can call it a carbon-copy of wow, so it's not that relevant.
    You weren't clear that you were talking about raiding. GW2 won't have any instanced raiding... but I doubt that will hugely affect it's success, since most players don't raid anyways.

I'm talking monthly fee, which yields the most profit for the company. And generally the more money that company gets the more it is able to produce.
    Produce what? Other games that aren't related to the product you're paying for? That's doesn't help me as a customer. I'm glad Rift is making updates... but Blizz seems to be directly funneling the $15/month into Diablo, SC2, Titan, etc... So paying a monthly fee for a game doesn't necessarily guarantee more content for that same game.

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 in firs place with 3,340 votes after I voted. MoP is in 2nd with 1,178.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    GW2 in firs place with 3,340 votes after I voted. MoP is in 2nd with 1,178.
    It was 4th the other day, MoP is catching up even though its not an mmo..

GW2 been advertising for awhile, just because you don't see an add on an already released game or a game that comes out in 2 on weeks T.V. doesn't mean it hasn't been advertising, the polls show it.
    The polls are generally meaningless when compared to a game like SWTOR... since the polls are on MMORPG websites... therefore the polls (like the on in this thread) are completely biased, skewed, and ultimately meaningless.

Deleted
    The only one that comes to my mind is League of Legends. I just can't seem to think of anything else, care to share?
    Good explanation here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ns-IIn-DG-c

Deleted
    Like Cataclysm ?

PvP > Any PvE script scenario
    U dont expect the same things , over and over again

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    You weren't clear that you were talking about raiding. GW2 won't have any instanced raiding... but I doubt that will hugely affect it's success, since most players don't raid anyways.

Produce what? Other games that aren't related to the product you're paying for? That's doesn't help me as a customer. I'm glad Rift is making updates... but Blizz seems to be directly funneling the $15/month into Diablo, SC2, Titan, etc... So paying a monthly fee for a game doesn't necessarily guarantee more content for that same game.
    Most players don't raid?

Okay.

Umm, cause well, wow is going downhill since cataclysm? In tbc and wotlk they were releasing content and updates quite regularly and i was more than happy to pay the monthly fee. When cata came, came the mount shop etc, which kind of ruined the game for me, and many other players.
    I'd rather have that than some in-game market where you can get mounts and other crap for IRL money. It ruins the whole hmmm, immersion , maybe?

I strongly disagree on that statement. GW2 has not been advertising at all YET. They've been displaying their betas, and they've won awards, but they have yet to actually put forth anything that says, "Buy our game". So far they've mentioned what they're doing and put things on display, but in no way have actually marketed a product. All the "advertising" for the most part done to GW2 has been done by the community watching and waiting for this game to release.

Are you seriously comparing skyrim and gw2?

Skyrim, the one of the elder scrolls, following oblivion,morrowind and daggerfall, that are VERY successful games of the past decade being amongst the top RPG"s in gaming history?

Skyrim succeeded because it's built up a HUGE fanbase in many years, it's known for it's brand, and it's a single-player game available to all platforms, while guild wars is not.
    He mentioned Skyrim because it doesn't have a trinity and doesn't have a subscription cost. GW2 will be a lot more like Skyrim than people might think. And GW2 will be a lot less like WOW than people might think.

(Though obviously Skyrim is much more well-known.)

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    The polls are generally meaningless when compared to a game like SWTOR... since the polls are on MMORPG websites... therefore the polls (like the on in this thread) are completely biased, skewed, and ultimately meaningless.
    Swtor was released in 2011. This is 2012 poll, and their polls were not posted on their websites? You don't have a point.

Deleted
    Isn't it a bit one-sided to leave this at the GW 2, forums? It makes the poll biased and untrue. OP make a petition to transfer the thread to the General stuf or Videogames section.

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    I strongly disagree on that statement. GW2 has not been advertising at all YET. They've been displaying their betas, and they've won awards, but they have yet to actually put forth anything that says, "Buy our game". So far they've mentioned what they're doing and put things on display, but in no way have actually marketed a product. All the "advertising" for the most part done to GW2 has been done by the community watching and waiting for this game to release.
    Because advertisement is directly from Anet themselves right? People don't spread the word on the internet right? I never saw ToR advertisements till a month before it came out, yet people knew about it and it got hype?

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Please stop feeding the trolls people! They're trying to pick fights by splitting hairs on almost meaningless arguments. Lets help clean this sub-forum clean!
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Please stop feeding the trolls people! They're trying to pick fights by splitting hairs on almost meaningless arguments. Lets help clean this sub-forum clean!
    Their not trolls till they fight back with ignorance.
    Isn't it a bit one-sided to leave this at the GW 2, forums? It makes the poll biased and untrue. OP make a petition to transfer the thread to the General stuf or Videogames section.
    Guild wars 2 sub forums don't make up the 3.3k votes GW2 already has. Plus its probably been linked on the other game sites too.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-02-10 at 08:46 PM.