Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    So, my gf has a 7850 and an i5 2500k. She gets maybe 20 fps if shes lucky on the lowest settings in cities and might get 40-50(also on lowest and with like no one around) when she's out and about. This baffles me as shouldn't the 7850 be more than good enough for this game, especially at lowest settings? Also, her resolution is 1280x720 and it seems that increasing the resolution(which makes it look like a mess due to her monitor) or lowering it makes no difference and neither does setting the game on subsample.

Any ideas as to why? Is the game just poorly optimized at this point?
    Sooner sounds like something more is going on here. How are your drivers? Updated them any recently?

My PC Specs:

ASUS Maximus Gene-z Micro-ATX motherboard.
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 3.4ghz stock speed.
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB DDR3 1600.
    Gaming @ 1680x1050 resolution.
    MSI GTX 660ti Power Edition OC. (306.02 drivers)
    Thermaltake TR2 600W PSU 1x 6pin & 1x 6+2pin connectors.

I recently purchased the MSI 660ti but I'm not overly thrilled with the performance I'm getting. The only game I really play right now is Guild Wars 2. I'm wondering what is holding my PC back from getting the FPS (playable) that I'd like to have. I've looked at the benchmarks done for Guild Wars 2 here on Tom's but the drivers at the time were lacking, and the in game settings they used were not tweaked as high as they could be.

I'm thinking about sending this 660ti back in and adding about $150.00 to the $309.00 that I paid, in exchange for something else. I've seen one person claim they are getting 50-100fps on max settings @ 1920x1080 with an ATI 7950 but I honestly don't think they are truly running at max settings. I think they are forgetting to enable options like supersampling or FXAA, etc.

The lowest I've seen my FPS dip while just running around questing in the starting areas of GW2 is 17. It's hard to get a real average for my FPS because it's really all over the place. Anywhere from 17-60. It hovers around 28-41 quite often.

I have no preference in manufacturer I just want to purchase a card that can actually make Guild Wars 2 playable at the maximum possible settings (including supersampling). Can I do this for around $450.00 or is the rest of my system going to hold me back?

Anyone recommend a card?
    Last edited by Bers3rk; 2012-09-01 at 12:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Sooner sounds like something more is going on here. How are your drivers? Updated them any recently?
    It will need more testing, but it turns out when I built her pc, I guess I put the gpu in the wrong PCIe slot. I just moved it to the other and she started getting 50-60 fps on almost max(minus shadows and reflections as those seem to draw a lot)

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Bers3rk View Post
    My PC Specs:

ASUS Maximus Gene-z Micro-ATX motherboard.
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 3.4ghz stock speed.
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB DDR3 1600.
    Gaming @ 1680x1050 resolution.
    MSI GTX 660ti Power Edition OC. (306.02 drivers)
    Thermaltake TR2 600W PSU 1x 6pin & 1x 6+2pin connectors.

I recently purchased the MSI 660ti but I'm not overly thrilled with the performance I'm getting. The only game I really play right now is Guild Wars 2. I'm wondering what is holding my PC back from getting the FPS (playable) that I'd like to have. I've looked at the benchmarks done for Guild Wars 2 here on Tom's but the drivers at the time were lacking, and the in game settings they used were not tweaked as high as they could be.

I'm thinking about sending this 660ti back in and adding about $150.00 to the $309.00 that I paid, in exchange for something else. I've seen one person claim they are getting 50-100fps on max settings @ 1920x1080 with an ATI 7950 but I honestly don't think they are truly running at max settings. I think they are forgetting to enable options like supersampling or FXAA, etc.

The lowest I've seen my FPS dip while just running around questing in the starting areas of GW2 is 17. It's hard to get a real average for my FPS because it's really all over the place. Anywhere from 17-60. It hovers around 28-41 quite often.

I have no preference in manufacturer I just want to purchase a card that can actually make Guild Wars 2 playable at the maximum possible settings (including supersampling). Can I do this for around $450.00 or is the rest of my system going to hold me back?

Anyone recommend a card?
    Running around in the open world. Sapphire 7970 Ghz Vapor-X: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...70700964_o.jpg

Hey guys so Iam going to buy the game tomorow and Iam afraid my pc cant run the game that well... what kind of graphic setup do you think I can achive with my laptop?

Thanks

Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    RAM (Memory) : 8 GB ddr3
    CPUProcessor): intel core i7 q740 @ 1,73ghz 1,73ghz 4 cores
    GPU (Graphics card): NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 1GB Memory
    Last edited by Zeusrules; 2012-09-01 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusrules View Post
    Hey guys so Iam going to buy the game tomorow and Iam afraid my pc cant run the game that well... what kind of graphic setup do you think I can achive with my laptop?

Thanks

Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    RAM (Memory) : 8 GB ddr3
    CPUProcessor): intel core i7 q740 @ 1,73ghz 1,73ghz 4 cores
    GPU (Graphics card): NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 1GB Memory
    Should be around mid settings some settings even the most low reg can run on high and still get decent fps just turn shadows off AA off and u should be good. just mess with the settings a little but i would say low/mid settings is what u will get besides 1 or 2 high settings.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Should be around mid settings some settings even the most low reg can run on high and still get decent fps just turn shadows off AA off and u should be good. just mess with the settings a little but i would say low/mid settings is what u will get besides 1 or 2 high settings.
    Ok! Thanks m8 ^^

Deleted
    AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 Black Edition OC to 4.1 Ghz
    AMD Radeon 6770 HD
    8GB RAM
    Windows 7 64 bit

Running on medium - Highish settings at around 50 - 60 fps
    WvW it drops to around 35 - 40.

I'm amazed that Nvidia users are getting such poor results. I'm on a stock 7970, and I'm used to being stricken with driver issues with new games. There's a conflict (for me) with running MSI AB with GW2 for some reason, so I have to play without it...which in turn means lowering my vid card's clocks to stock, and losing some fan control. Even with that, I can play at full max without a hiccup @1080. I was all excited that it was finally something that was playable and smooth.

I'm not a fanboy, and I'm not gloating, it's just honestly surprising to me. I'm sure Nvidia will come out with some driver fixes, because their new line should be performing somewhat better than all that - and usually does.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will need more testing, but it turns out when I built her pc, I guess I put the gpu in the wrong PCIe slot. I just moved it to the other and she started getting 50-60 fps on almost max(minus shadows and reflections as those seem to draw a lot)
    Idk, turning any setting down from ultra (or high) to lowest never seems to make much more than 5fps of a difference. Including shadows and/or reflections :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Idk, turning any setting down from ultra (or high) to lowest never seems to make much more than 5fps of a difference. Including shadows and/or reflections :/
    It seems to for my pc. I get like 40-60 fps with them on(reflections on all and shadows on high) and without them(reflections off and shadows on low or none) my fps rarely drops below 60 and even then that's only when I'm in an event or pvp and there's a lot going on.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Operating system: Win 7 64 Bit
    RAM: 4096MB
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad CPU Q800 @ 2.50 GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
    DirectX 11
    Graphics: PowerColor HD6870 1GB GDDR5

3930k 4ghz and two 7970s in crossfire with 32 gbs of ram and mostly run at 45-60 fps but it does go down to as low as 15 fps randomly when I turn and look at scenery that is more busy. I run msi afterburner just to see how much of the cards are being used and on average on 50-60% for each card is being used, so I would assume crossfire isnt completely supported yet.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
    GPU: GTX 560 Ti
    It runs it at minimum at ~60fps but on high settings it goes down to ~40 fps, I need help, I should be able to run it at high settings!

(all this at 1440x900)

After reading many pages I found out that its impossible to find a graphic card at the price up to 300 USD that can run GW2 @ 60fps on High settings. Am I right?
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-09-02 at 09:50 PM.

I didn't really have the patience to read through this thread to see if anyone has similar problems, but for some reason the screen goes black except for the UI if I play on anything else other than supersampling. I'm using a 6850 btw. I'm getting horrible FPS and it's really frustrating me right now.

I have 2 radeon 7970s and though I can get up to 120 fps on high, the fps does take a massive hit when in cluttered areas. Down to 20fps. And both of my cards were 500~ USD each. I cant imagine one graphics card being able to run it at high over 60 for under 300 usd. But maybe somebody knows of one.

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Powerflux View Post
    I didn't really have the patience to read through this thread to see if anyone has similar problems, but for some reason the screen goes black except for the UI if I play on anything else other than supersampling. I'm using a 6850 btw. I'm getting horrible FPS and it's really frustrating me right now.
    Have you downloaded the newest drivers and CAP? 12.8 is the newest drivers and 12.7 are the newest cap

Deleted
    Sounds like the culprit, aye. A friend complained (using the word very loosely here) to me that the card I recommended he purchased wasn't working very well. Ten minutes later he asked if it made a difference that he put it in the PCI-E x4 slot rather than the PCI-E x16 slot. So you're not alone in making that mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    After reading many pages I found out that its impossible to find a graphic card at the price up to 300 USD that can run GW2 @ 60fps on High settings. Am I right?
    CPU is also a huge factor, it's an MMO so it still draws most of it's power from a solid CPU (unlike games like Crysis which are fairly easy on CPU but brutal on GPU).
    I don't see why an i5 2500K and an HD7870/GTX660 Ti/HD7950 shouldn't be enough for this game, or for a more budget setup an i3 2100 + GTX460/HD7770/GTX560 Ti//7850.

After that it's more about finding the right set of drivers which work for you, along with tweaking ingame graphics tweaking to go for a combination of best visuals and performance.

Stuff like Reflections, Shadows, Render Sampling and Shaders has a huge hit on FPS. I played around with settings for a good hour or so to find the sweet-spot for FPS and visual quality (i5 2500K + GTX580), and even then it can still come down to the number of players in the area, or the amount of water in the area, etc which can cause fps drops.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-09-03 at 12:04 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

i need help quick! which is a better laptop:
    lenovo IdeaPad Z575 (12992KU) Notebook AMD A-Series A8-3520M(1.6GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory DDR3 1333 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD±R/RW AMD Radeon HD 6620G
    or
    lenovo IdeaPad Z580 (21512MU) Notebook Intel Core i5 3210M(2.50GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory DDR3 1600 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD±R/RW NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M

im not a computer guy so plz help me fast before the sale ends