Simplified Cat DPS Question

Okay guys need your help.

I'm a Bear tank , thats what I like and do honestly quite well at. I don't even have a secondary spec..until now.
    My raid needs me to DPS for Madness and I have no idea on how to do that...

I checked a few sites and understood I can stay in tank gear (I gem full agility) and swap trinkets.
    I checked the same sites for a rotation and ugh, theres like 7-8 debuffs to track to maximize my dps.

But I dont need to min/max my DPS..Just need to deal like 20k through a basic rotation.

So question: Between the ideal rotation and manglespam. What would be a simplified rotation that can get me to 20-25k with raid buffs?

many thanks droods! *meow!*

Deleted
    You could probably reach 20k on Madness just doing Mangle and Ferocious Bite at 5 CP.

On a more serious note, just try to keep up Rake while spamming Mangle (shred where possible), as well as keeping Rip and Savage Roar up. Throw a FB in if Rip/SR is up and you have 5 CP.

Go get Ovale, a script from fluiddruid and press the buttons it tells you to.

Keep mangle up, keep Rake up, use Shreds for CPs, keep 5CP Rip up and keep SR up should be enough to do decent DPS. Make sure to use TF/Berserk on CD even if you don't time your abilities very well with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Here's the simplified overview of kitty dps.

Debuffs
    1. Faerie Fire Feral - 5 min duration, apply once, reapply when you can't do anything else.
    2. Mangle - 1 min duration, use to apply debuff, use as combo point builder if you can't shred. Use this as your first attack, then shred.
    3. Rake - Cheapest combo building move, keep this on the target.
    4. Rip - Keep a 5 point rip on the target at all times.

Of the debuffs, the main ones to watch are Rake/Rip. If you play normally, FFF and Mangle should take care of themselves.

Buffs:
    1. Savage Roar - try and keep this up as much as possible. You will trade-off between this and rip most of the time for your finishing move.

Cool-downs:
    1. Berserk - Your biggest DPS cool-down, use on cool-down for good results or time for certain things in fights for better results. Try and be energy capped (or near it) when you use berserk so you can go longer without running out of energy.
    2. Tiger's Fury - Restores energy, boosts damage. You'll probably be using this on cool-down, but should only use it when you are low on energy. Can't be used during berzerk. To boost DPS, you should use this just before you apply rip/rake.

Other stuff:
    1. Ferocious Bite - If you have the talent Blood-in-the-water, this refreshes Rip at 25% health (60% with 2T13). Basically, when the boss gets to 25/60%, you will use this as your main combo finisher. Use with 5 points, or less if you need to immediately refresh Rip.
    2. Ravage - If you have Stampede talent, using feral charge will give you a free ravage to use. If you have 4T13, you get a free ravage when you use Tiger's fury.
    3. Shred - Your primary combo building move.
    4. Swipe - Your AOE, high energy cost without berserk.

Even shorter version:
    Keep FFF, Mangle, Rake, & 5-point Rip on target (debuffs)
    Keep Savage Roar on you (buff)
    Use Ferocious Bite at 25/60% boss health
    Use Tiger's Fury on CD/low energy
    Shred for combo points

If you toss out FFF and mangle (longer duration debuffs which may provided by other classes), you are watching 2 debuffs (rake/rip), and 1 buff (savage roar). Not exactly rocket science.