screen flickering issue?

Hey folks,

Right so for the last month or so I've had a issue with my computer where the screen seems to constantly flicker badly, the issue seems to occur whenever i load anything that require my video card such as media player and games. The strange thing about the issue is that for example when i play League of Legends the flickering never happens apart from when i try and use the shop where it then goes crazy, i also use 2 screens and when left on desktop the second screen will go crazy but my primary screen will be fine.

I had limited time but made a quick video showing what i mean by the flicking, so this is when the flickering is okay and not going crazy so imagine this 10 times worse lol.

any help would be appreciated

cheers.

Btw: using ati 5800 card in there updated to the driver in 17/7/2011 if memory serves me right
    Last edited by dispatchcrab; 2012-02-14 at 08:21 PM.

Deleted
    It's probably not the issue but try and re-seat the GPU and check all the cables.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest testing the graphics card in another computer if possible or testing another graphics card in your computer. Either way I'm thinking new graphics card based on the information provided.

I'd still suggest updating to the latest Radeon graphics driver though.

Deleted
    Try different cables, and assumnig you have dual output on your card as you suggested, try swapping monitors around. See if it still happens on the same port or if the problem follows the monitor (Indicating a monitor issue rather than graphics). Also worth as Culadin noted testing another card in your PC if possible and as notarget said,check cables and seating.

Try turning AMD overdrive off. If your card is overclocked it can cause tearing on the 2nd monitor. At least thats what I've seen on the 5800 series cards.

thank you for all the replys!

right first thing i tried when the issue first happend was trying diffrent monitors and swaping cables to no change,

just tried re seating the gpu no luck, and in regard to overdrive its currently on actually found the issue slightly worse with it off originally but will try again!

will try swaping over the graphics cards to my previous ati now

cheers

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think that type of display corruption is typically related to bad memory on the video card itself, but don't take my word for it.

Deleted
    did you try swapping monitors around? Ie, disconnect both and use the one not showing issues as your primary? or is it affecting both?