Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtotarget View Post

queston about rotation : i shud keep Pyroblas up all the time(w8 moment for better ignite) OR use pyroblas only after Hot streak and use combustion in that phase ??? becous atm i use pyroblas only after hor streak....and rotation is like : keep up LB, when get hot streak use pyroblas and combustion when get ignite...
    You should never hardcast pyroblast, unless on pull when you have countdown. only time i even considers is at yor'sahj when we TW to make sure il have a pyro dot and hopefully a big ignite for add aoe phase with timewarp = massive comb damage <3

Quote Originally Posted by Trixzy View Post
    Casting your first combustion in a fight after 3minutes is not fishing for a good ignite, that's just bad play.
    No shit sherlock? Who said anything about 3 minutes?

Please be constructive.
    Last edited by nemex; 2012-02-16 at 07:58 PM.
    "MMMMMMMButtscratcher!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitzu View Post
    You should never hardcast pyroblast, unless on pull when you have countdown. only time i even considers is at yor'sahj when we TW to make sure il have a pyro dot and hopefully a big ignite for add aoe phase with timewarp = massive comb damage <3
    like i think....but this dont give a lot options experiment with ignite and combustion :/ Keep LB up...bam! get Hot streak...Hit pyroblas and hope you get good ignite on this phase...use combustion, and like this every time when no cooldown on combustion. Other way if keep LB up and get good ignite withot Pyro dot, then you dont even make a hardcast pyro till ignite fall or you can use few hot streak withot combustion(w8 for better ignite), but you never know how much time this take.
    Last edited by mmoc102dbbcf4a; 2012-02-16 at 12:36 PM.

Dude, I am amazednoone said this yet. red on Combustionhelper only means that your ignite has just one second left on its duration. You should cast combustion regardless of the color. But if the whole bar of the addon is green you should cast your combustion because that means you have all 3 dots up. Try to use it, like adviced, on a strong ignite, color doesn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixzy View Post
    Casting your first combustion in a fight after 3minutes is not fishing for a good ignite, that's just bad play.
    Well I have had it happen more than once where I have burned 50% or more of my mana waiting for a ignite greater than 18k, its called fishing NOT catching for a reason, please give some advice on how to catch that 18k+ ignite not call people bad players???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BaP View Post
    Well I have had it happen more than once where I have burned 50% or more of my mana waiting for a ignite greater than 18k, its called fishing NOT catching for a reason, please give some advice on how to catch that 18k+ ignite not call people bad players???
    btw no1 call you or someone other to bad player ^^ Trixzy say "bad play"...
    What i understand from this topic - good ignite more or less depend from luck..you luck can increase buffs + buffs from item bonuses + potions + food...nothing new ^^ I think at start you should try do as manu combustions possible, and not w8 some "big one" Maybe combustion should not be used on some low ignite, but do on some 10-15k and you already feel diferent. In yesterday raid on 2 boss figts only 3 or 4 times i get ignite 20k+(few times when combustion was down), but i still use combustion around 15k+ ignite and do much better dps

I really wanna say thank you all who answer on my help call Already in yesterday raid i feel diferent in my DPS
    Last edited by mmoc102dbbcf4a; 2012-02-17 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithy View Post
    Haste will get us 1 more tick of LB, combust dots etc.. This is good because it saves global cooldowns used which means more time to spam fireballs.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t110326-...onal_DOT_Ticks
    Haste doesn't save you GCD's. It just makes your DoT's tick faster within the same amount of time, so you'd still be casting as many LB's as with someone with 0 haste.

Fire is VERY RNG dependant spec and the dps can be totally shit and godmode at the same time depending on ur rng. If you get nice crits on pull - you'll unload good combustion with potion+trinkets(in my case, Insignia of corrupted mind proc, giving me like 21 ticks of combustion with heroism up at the same time) or if u get nothing but yet another 8 non-crit fireballs in a row in the 1st 20 seconds of the fight you end up loosing huge ammount of dps from buffed combustion (that u couldn't pop) and, of course, delaying 1st combustion might cause the loss of additional one (I think u can squeeze 4 combustions on ultraxion nowadays, I had 3 this week)

In my guild I'm very unlucky compared to other mages when it comes to rng, you can simply check our logs and see how this unluck influences the dps.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Get an addon like MyBigIgnite or combustion helper, your combustion damage comes from ignites the most, with pyro/LB only doing a small bit (about 2k)

When i was playing fire on my mage, i aimed to get ignite around 25-35k before i would combust, now that i have legendary i don't settle for anything less then 30k, and if i am lucky i can range from 70k-150k ingites
    Seriously? Your getting 70 - 150k ignites? I struggle to get even 25k. 30k is like HOLY CRAP for me. How the hell are you able to get 70k - 150k ignites outsides of pot/lust/PI/trinkproc combo?

I call BS until you explain!

Quote Originally Posted by Xami View Post
    Haste doesn't save you GCD's. It just makes your DoT's tick faster within the same amount of time, so you'd still be casting as many LB's as with someone with 0 haste.
    That is true. Wrote before thinking.

Deleted
    especially for Yor'sahj your spec is not the best, i prefer improved flamestrike for aoe fights even to garantee the impact proc for my combustion time. the normal black phase is easy you got a lot of time (yellow/black 2. wave is a timewindow like 3-4 seconds for a good spread). I also prefer to hold back my pyro proc for the next fb krit in situations like that.

its waste if you would hardcast pyros just for dot. Your opening should be pot+pyro(+critmass), if you got the haste proc and HS in sight i would hardcast a pyro (but rly for me worst case scenario)

Rotation is ok you forget fireorb an mirrors on cd (or threat reduce) and combustion on cd is optimist pure rly rly try to get a n1 combustion even if you lost 10-15 seconds

gl so far