Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would love that <3

No, we do not need warlocks as tanks.
    Any shortage of tanks is a community problem, and warlocks would do nothing to solve it.
    If you want to tank then go roll a class meant to to be one.
    That not being a warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meta uses Demonic Fury while being used. Blizzard has stated this before. If abilities are producing enough Demonic Fury while in meta to let you stay in it forever blizzard will nerf it somehow.

That said with druids getting Heart of the Wild, I wouldn't mind gaining a taunt to let use tank for a bit as a o shit raid saving ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankoku View Post
    Without taunts, defensive CDs, Vengence, etc, etc, etc
    this is all that needs to be said.

Meh, not tanks definitely.
    Pretty nice for soloing, though.

I get that blizzard said that meta is going to consume fury, but there's 2 things in this build that suggest to me that they've decided to make it a permanent form.

1. Nothing anywhere in the abilities says it. Which is admittedly odd since nothing besides shadowflame seems to consume it, so what are we building it for besides the passive damage buff.SO its conceivable that demo not requiring fury is simply an oversight. Except...

2. Meta now converts Shadowbolt into a melee attack. Since shadowbolt is our primary nuke, and meta charge has a very short range, it will force demo locks to stand in melee range of the boss, or relatively close at all times. This is behavior similar to vanilla-BC era balance druids and early wrath era Elemental shamans, (due to melee-for-mana, and searing totem respectively). Behavior which blizzard has stated very explicity they no longer believe is good design. Hence the 40 yard range on totems, and balance druids passive mana regen.

so it seems to me that Blizzard intends for demo locks to be in meta at all times during combat, which combined with grimoire of sacrifice would officially make Demo the single most awesome spec in the entire game.

Would finally be a useful thing for the horrible demo spec!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    Would finally be a useful thing for the horrible demo spec!
    Did you even look at what demo is getting ?
    It is appealing to me a lot more than destruction is, and potentially even for pvp.
    Something it has never done before.

I would say you did not even look at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by walrusaurus View Post
    I get that blizzard said that meta is going to consume fury, but there's 2 things in this build that suggest to me that they've decided to make it a permanent form.

1. Nothing anywhere in the abilities says it. Which is admittedly odd since nothing besides shadowflame seems to consume it, so what are we building it for besides the passive damage buff.SO its conceivable that demo not requiring fury is simply an oversight. Except...

2. Meta now converts Shadowbolt into a melee attack. Since shadowbolt is our primary nuke, and meta charge has a very short range, it will force demo locks to stand in melee range of the boss, or relatively close at all times. This is behavior similar to vanilla-BC era balance druids and early wrath era Elemental shamans, (due to melee-for-mana, and searing totem respectively). Behavior which blizzard has stated very explicity they no longer believe is good design. Hence the 40 yard range on totems, and balance druids passive mana regen.

so it seems to me that Blizzard intends for demo locks to be in meta at all times during combat, which combined with grimoire of sacrifice would officially make Demo the single most awesome spec in the entire game.
    GoSac is terrible for Demo. Not only are the present numbers (15%) insufficient to make up for the lack of a pet for any spec, but Demo would suffer even more due to Mastery damage loss from the pet as well. There's also no confirmation of Demonic Slash being a melee attack, although the name does imply it. Also, the variable damage with the amount of Demonic Fury you have is stated to be there in order to level off the present see-saw between Meta and non-Meta output, as well as to make Mastery actually serve some use outside of Meta - i.e. there's things in there intended to balance us around both Meta and non-Meta forms; pointless if only one form is intended for use.

Feral and Moonkin Druids tend to sit in a non-humanoid form for most fights too, so using that as an arguement for it being a cool idea is nothing new.
    The difference for them is that those forms drastically limit what abilities they can and can't use, while warlocks meta only enhances them, without preventing their use.
    To use many non-role abilities a druid in a form will have to shift out of it, and in doing so they can jeopordise the ability to do their job, particularly so with tanks.

Meta will finally be interesting as a mechanic and not some big cooldown you simply choose to line up with trinkets.

demo tank sounds as stupid as roq tank back in bc, it is maybe possible somehow but you can't hold aggro. A tank for me is a idiot who like to get hit by everything that is around him :P and without taunt or real tps you can't get the mobs to hate you

I haven't been playing demonology since WotLK beta...don't we have a taunt anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

I would be surprised if Demo became a tank spec, that being said, they're giving Demo a lot of tanky abilities.
    -50% damage reduction
    -possible semi permanent Demo form
    -Strong self heal CDs in tier 1 talents
    -30% physical damage reduction aoe, 30% cast time aoe
    -lots of instant casts and melee range spells

Again, I really doubt that this will happen, but still, all they really need is a taunt and a way to convert cloth gear into mitigation. It's interesting to think about at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by keese View Post
    Again, I really doubt that this will happen, but still, all they really need is a taunt and a way to convert cloth gear into mitigation. It's interesting to think about at the very least.
    It will probably end up being a "oh crap tank died" button, which I welcome anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by keese View Post
    I would be surprised if Demo became a tank spec, that being said, they're giving Demo a lot of tanky abilities.
    -50% damage reduction
    -possible semi permanent Demo form
    -Strong self heal CDs in tier 1 talents
    -30% physical damage reduction aoe, 30% cast time aoe
    -lots of instant casts and melee range spells

Warlocks are by no means the only ones with shields/mitigations.
    Yet some of those others are not tanks either.

There is still the cast-time of spells to take into consideration and the associated spell pushback.
    Those who think warlock tanks are good idea are only argueing with those points which support their arguement and ignoring the rest.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe they will become a tank for many of the reasons listed, but as one that enjoys tanking first, DPS second, and the fact that I have been playing as Demo on my lock since late BC when I rolled him, I would welcome Demo being a tank spec. If not, I welcome the proposed changes to the spec as it is.

As someone said, Meta is currently just a DPS CD that you time with trinkets/procs and is otherwise kind of boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    *NEW* Metamorphosis: Nether Plating - While using Metamorphosis, your armor contribution from items increases by 600%, the chance you'll be critically hit by melee attacks is reduced by 6% and the duration of stun and snare effects is reduced by 50%. Required level 27
    As far as I can tell Meta doesn't get any increased armor until this trained ability. Which means for the low level dungeons between levels 15-26, warlocks would be "tanking" in cloth armor.

I understand blizzard doesn't have perfect balance throughout the lower levels but a warlock tanking in cloth with cloth armor stats and none of the later damage reducing talent doesn't seem feasible.

I would not like demonology to be a tank tree. But I would like to see a lot more melee combat for this tree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No, we do not need warlocks as tanks.
    Any shortage of tanks is a community problem, and warlocks would do nothing to solve it.
    If you want to tank then go roll a class meant to to be one.
    That not being a warlock.
    I say Demo warlocks have nothing to do with Demon Hunters. At least not in here =)http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-Hunter-ideas