Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Which tank is best suited for Spine HC (Amalgamation tanking)

As title says; Which tank is best suited for Spine HC (Amalgamation tanking)?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing a Feral Druid as they can tank in full dps gear/reforge/enchants and go berserk on the exposed tendon in Cat Form

Deathknight has the best survivability on Amalgamation tanking.

Deleted
    Feral druid for the dps check - as they can go cat and pop CDs on the tendons.

DKs may have more survivability not sure, but I'd still pick a feral over them.

feral tank going cat? not the best move since your not speced into it, and you'll probably do better with the high vengeance and berserk in bear form.

But to the OP: DK Tanks for survivability and decent dps output.
    Feral druid's are also nice in bear form as i stated above.

Well the Amalgamation's dont even hit hard, if thats the only thing they are tanking any class can do it.

Id use a bear, even if just for the raid cooldown they bring, which is amazing.
    But any tank class can tank it.

DK as tendon dps is trivial now.
    We are recruiting!
    Full Spectrum - Alleria
    www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Skilled Players with Work and Families
    WoW Insider Interview

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Overall? Druid.

DKs are excellent at tanking amalgamations, but don't really offer anything else. If you have a bear at your disposal they are probably the best.

This was prior to 4.3.2 though. Tank DPS (while it still helps, especially if you're going for a single lift) is pretty irrelevant now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    This was prior to 4.3.2 though. Tank DPS (while it still helps, especially if you're going for a single lift) is pretty irrelevant now.
    People manage to do spine hc with single lifts now?
    Thats impressive, even with nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    People manage to do spine hc with single lifts now?
    Thats impressive, even with nerf.
    With lust it can be possible, but not just normal dps'ing as far as I know.

But as mentioned already, tank dps on the tendons don't really matter at this point so I wouldn't worry about what tank you have on amalgs. I did it on my blood DK alt and didn't once touch the tendons and we didn't have any issues with it, although our blood tank is feral so he did help out on the first few pops.

We used our bear with a full cat spec with key bear talents (the remove crits and armor stuff) and full cat reforges and gems (pre-nerf) and he went cat for tendons, but DKs are really good as well. For amalgamations, any tanks are pretty good anyway, they don't hit hard at all, a non-shield tank on bloods might be a little more rough tho.

It all comes down to your dps, do you want higher DPS on tendons? if yes go for a druid, if not, just use anyone

few more stacks of the 5% buff and it's just a 2 healer, 1 tank, 7 dps and 3 tendon total fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeniedNZ View Post
    feral tank going cat? not the best move since your not speced into it, and you'll probably do better with the high vengeance and berserk in bear form.

But to the OP: DK Tanks for survivability and decent dps output.
    Feral druid's are also nice in bear form as i stated above.
    sorry but you cannot be more wrong about ferals on this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Micoz View Post
    sorry but you cannot be more wrong about ferals on this fight.
    Care to elaborate, or are you just here to tell people they're wrong without backing it up?

I'm kinda interested in what'll happen when my guild gets to Spine... We lack a bear or a DK, and our choices will be between Warrior and Pally, both of which have somewhat respectable DPS specs.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    Care to elaborate, or are you just here to tell people they're wrong without backing it up?
    feral dps is very good at bursts, one of the best for tendons. Feral can pick mixed talents/glyph and be a tank just about as good as "fully tank specced" and at the same time do just about the same dps as full dps spec. If your guild is fully decked with shamans/boomkins/hunters dps and running without disc priest, feral tank will be your savior.

I'm kinda interested in what'll happen when my guild gets to Spine... We lack a bear or a DK, and our choices will be between Warrior and Pally, both of which have somewhat respectable DPS specs.
    The tank choice your guild uses now doesn't matter, unless you have some seriously low raid dps.

Easiest would be druids, if you have a good aoe tank for the bloods.

You'll be fine. You don't need your tank to help on tendons anymore. The only bad tanking assignment for spine would be having a DK tank the bloods.
    We are recruiting!
    Full Spectrum - Alleria
    www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Skilled Players with Work and Families
    WoW Insider Interview

We're working on 10 man heroic spine atm and I'm tanking the amalg with my gear reforged for dps. I tried balancing haste/crit/mastery and it was rubbish for burst dps, so I went back to my crit/mastery reforging and that's put me back up to around 1.3-1.5mil burst on the tendon (Mostly I enjoy making fun of our boomkin who bursts less than I do).
    With the 5% debuff we've managed to burst the 1st tendon under hero down in one go through a bit of rng (usually we're 1/2 mil short) so if we dont get it by the 10% it'll be trivial to do so.