Good thing I don't buy GTA games for their shit online "experiencers"
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Yeah... the single player is great, but god damnit. Every time I try to play online mode I feel like, just... wryyyyyyy =(
    I was so excited when i heard about gta online, its pretty much how i pictured it to be... but the bugs and loading screens are fucking literal aids. Kills any joy you have of playing online. Especially with being outside the US, it makes gameplay really jerky and unpredictable. When im driving online the cars are fucking warping around and sometimes when i crash into a car it just magically dissapears. What!
    Last edited by Skylarking; 2016-03-28 at 08:02 AM.

Deleted
    So, apparently GTA V Online just got a huge patch with a bunch of fixes and additions.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/07/gta...-lot-of-fixes/

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So, apparently GTA V Online just got a huge patch with a bunch of fixes and additions.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/07/gta...-lot-of-fixes/
    I'm glad they finally added a gun locker to store all the useless pistols I've acquired over the years. Well, other than the fact they all return when I go into missions

Deleted
    PC or Xbox one?

I prefer the controls on PC and once my new GPU is shipped, graphics should be better as well; but I read online experience is better on consoles: fewer players and somewhat common hackers/cheaters on PC.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    PC or Xbox one?

I prefer the controls on PC and once my new GPU is shipped, graphics should be better as well; but I read online experience is better on consoles: fewer players and somewhat common hackers/cheaters on PC.
    Since the latest patch, I haven't encountered any hackers/modders at all. Not sure if that's because the "new" hacks/mods are still being developed or the new anti-cheat tool is actually working - time will tell I guess, but right now PC is rather hack free (or I was just super lucky?).

To be honest, online is only fun when playing with friends so go for whichever platforms your friends play on I'd say.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved playing through singleplayer but in hindsight it just feels like an ad for the multiplayer mode. They could've at least added the new vehicles to singleplayer...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Amazing single player indeed, and I agree that some of the Online features should've been available in the single player; for example, robbing stores and so on. Online was for me a pretty poor experience; the missions I tried with random people were horrible failures and it was mostly just people killing others. Also got into it a couple years late with no RL friends playing it, so getting any kind of a crew together wasn't going to happen.

Still, I'm happy with the single player. Got my money's worth.

Deleted

Gta 5

So i got a new GPU today, a Gtx 750Ti and installed Gta V. the intro bit at the bank went smoothly. Settings were close to max i think. But when i got to Los santos, the game begun to stutter quite alot. I know the issue is my CPU (G3258 at 4.0 Ghz) but is there a way to get the game running decently with my CPU?

Weak pentium proccesor and a gpu below even budget standards for today is not going to get you good performance. Lower all the settings, game is perfectly playable at 30 fps if need be, I mean hell I beat it on the ps3 in 2013 and that version had frame drops to 20 fps at times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Weak pentium proccesor and a gpu below even budget standards for today is not going to get you good performance. Lower all the settings, game is perfectly playable at 30 fps if need be, I mean hell I beat it on the ps3 in 2013 and that version had frame drops to 20 fps at times.
    What settings should i adjust to reduce the load on CPU? (cuz the gpu is fine)

At the time ,if I remember correctly, I had an ivybridge i5 and a 780, still experienced a lot of stuttering.

Deleted
    Not convinced it is - purely - a CPU issue. Friend has the same GPU and a much stronger processor and during some missions the game was choppy as hell on FullHD as well.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never had a game make me rage quit as much as this one.

Just love to try and do missions while getting shot from npc's with 100% accuracy. Hitting me through 3x6 in slots or even through the solid back of my chopper for a 1 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Never had a game make me rage quit as much as this one.

Just love to try and do missions while getting shot from npc's with 100% accuracy. Hitting me through 3x6 in slots or even through the solid back of my chopper for a 1 shot.
    I'm not saying this didn't happen to you but I got to ask, Was you online?

Because I don't remember anything like this happening to me in SP and if you was online it could have been a player.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I'm not saying this didn't happen to you but I got to ask, Was you online?

Because I don't remember anything like this happening to me in SP and if you was online it could have been a player.

Yeah its online. NPC's that come out while doing CEO missions have the best aim I have ever seen.

Yeah its online. NPC's that come out while doing CEO missions have the best aim I have ever seen.
    Yep online NPC's (and players) can be a nightmare.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep online NPC's (and players) can be a nightmare.

I've learned how to get into solo lobby's so other players aren't really an issue.

I've learned how to get into solo lobby's so other players aren't really an issue.
    You can do that or turn on passive mode in the online options.