Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ares1023 View Post
    Oh I wish they could some how bring Illidan back into WoW. I think a really awesome idea would be to actually have a War of the Ancients raid where you follow both Malfurion and Illidans side of the story, and have players involved in the battle fighting against the Burning Legion somehow.
    Can we please stop bringing characters back? The game is stale enough as it is, resurrecting YET ANOTHER lore figure is only going to make it worse.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

If Blizzard is goign to bring back anyone it should be Illidan or Medivh imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    If LFR, in actuality, is lowering the incentive and/or desire to do normal/heroic raids then it's introduction may have had unintended consequences that will have a significant negative impact on the future of what we now refer to as "raiding" in WoW.
    The usual results vary for each person disclaimer. For myself I was able to find PuG raids most of the time from a month after Cata launch on my high population server during late night hours and even found raids on launch night of 4.2. Then 4.3 launches and trade chat practically dried up on both players leading PuGs and players wanting to join a PuG for normal DS for the first three weeks with a tiny murmur on the fourth week during the late night hours that I have time to play.

At this point I was getting sick of running DS in LFR and did not even want to bother with jumping into a PuG or forming one. For me, LFR killed the motivation I used to have to raid and its enjoyment or working together with other players to tackle a challenge. I used to feel like I was a hero in this game and now I feel like some kind of god and that gets boring.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Lol, Waiting for people to come on and go OMG LOOK HOW BIG THE GRAPH GETS without taking into account the scale bars. Remember as said this is out of a sample of 5.6 million and the scale is in SINGLE thousands.

Please guys dont freak out without thinking through what youre saying.
    Considering the amount of people actually raiding (hc) content it is actually a case of OMG LOOK blablabla.

15+ Year Old Account
    and pete hines is in London. Is there some big gamer thing going on in Europe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    The usual results vary for each person disclaimer. For myself I was able to find PuG raids most of the time from a month after Cata launch on my high population server during late night hours and even found raids on launch night of 4.2. Then 4.3 launches and trade chat practically dried up on both players leading PuGs and players wanting to join a PuG for normal DS for the first three weeks with a tiny murmur on the fourth week during the late night hours that I have time to play.

At this point I was getting sick of running DS in LFR and did not even want to bother with jumping into a PuG or forming one. For me, LFR killed the motivation I used to have to raid and its enjoyment or working together with other players to tackle a challenge. I used to feel like I was a hero in this game and now I feel like some kind of god and that gets boring.
    So you are bored on lfr ds, yet to lazy to start a normal pug. Sounds like your own fault there for being lazy.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Lol, Waiting for people to come on and go OMG LOOK HOW BIG THE GRAPH GETS without taking into account the scale bars. Remember as said this is out of a sample of 5.6 million and the scale is in SINGLE thousands.

Please guys dont freak out without thinking through what youre saying.
    And don't be blind by assuming everyone is an idiot. Most people know it's a sample. I'm just saying for what has been provided, it's not that severe of a problem when people say it going to be easy mode the moment the buff came through. And for what's being shown, it just doesn't seem like it's the case.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Newcharacters vs Old characters reborn

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Can we please stop bringing characters back? The game is stale enough as it is, resurrecting YET ANOTHER lore figure is only going to make it worse.
    Rather then bring back a character people like, (and from what ive heard people would like to fight again) make a new character, which people will bitch about not being in the lore, or be noncanon, or etc? maybe if its exactly the same thing again id sgree with you, but if they at least made it different id be all for reusing characters.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember correctly, there was a 15% nerf on the hp of the tendons on spine on the same day that the overall 5% health and damage debuff came in, which is most likely the reason for a lot more guilds killing spine than madness on heroic. I also suppose the fact that a much larger number of guilds were stuck on spine has something to do with it, and even those that defeated it may not have been able to manage madness in one week.

No returning chars, more new ones pls! But dont kill any of the current

someone send casey 17 meg of dog photo's

So Deathwing has died and the Maelstrom is supposedly sucking in the new giant turtle island. We don't kill Azshara in the Caverns of Time because we didn't know she was the one actuallybehind trying to send the Pandarens down the toilet. There is your new lady villain. /bow

If LFR, in actuality, is lowering the incentive and/or desire to do normal/heroic raids then it's introduction may have had unintended consequences that will have a significant negative impact on the future of what we now refer to as "raiding" in WoW.
    I find both these posts sum up how I and several of my guildies felt about completing DS because we started late on DS due to still levelling characters, having run LFR for several weeks before we had a group of players ready to do normal mode, the enjoyment of completing each boss didn't actually fulfil the satisfaction of raiding since we had already done it, and having just done madness for the first time as a guild group 2 weeks ago, we have no motivation to actually continue since its the same thing over and over again, just tuned a bit harder.

What I wished blizzard had done was make another heroic dungeon stepping stone, which gave 384 gear so that when you came to progressing into 10/25man DS it didn't feel like you had already completed the instance several times and thus the incentive to continue simply wasn't there. Where as if it was first time doing it in 10/25man mode the desire for the kill on each boss and to progress would be greater.

I don't mind the idea of LFR but the fact that it was done on the same raid for which we were going to be spending the next few months on really degrades the raid as a whole.

I find both these posts sum up how I and several of my guildies felt about completing DS because we started late on DS due to still levelling characters, having run LFR for several weeks before we had a group of players ready to do normal mode, the enjoyment of completing each boss didn't actually fulfil the satisfaction of raiding since we had already done it, and having just done madness for the first time as a guild group 2 weeks ago, we have no motivation to actually continue since its the same thing over and over again, just tuned a bit harder. What I wished blizzard had done was make another heroic dungeon stepping stone, which gave 384 gear so that when you came to progressing into 10/25man DS it didn't feel like you had already completed the instance several times and thus the incentive to continue simply wasn't there. Where as if it was the first time that DS was done in 10/25man the enjoyment of progression would be greater and the incentive to continue would also be greater.I don't mind the idea of LFR but the fact that it was done on the same raid for which we were going to be spending the next few months on really degrades the raid as a whole.

You realise spine got nerfed way harder then just the common "5%"? That encounter is a joke now compared to the unnerfed oneThey got -15% Tendon HP. Blood of Neltharion now gets one more stack, which result in 20% less damage taken. Afaik there was another stealthnerf I just can't seem to remeber...And of course, on top of that (almost) everything does 5% less damage and has 5% less HP

Deleted
    Is it me or did Boub totally forget about the 15% tendon nerf on Spine? This was the principal change that got many raids past that boss, right to Madness. He is clearly harder than the new spine in 10m yes, but he doesn't block the whole progress because of one weird mechanic that requires class stacking like the old Spine encounter. That's why we see a jump in his kills too.

None. Please PLEASE don't bring any more back. Make NEW stories.
    I bet all my wealth and everything that if you complain for pandaria at this guy above, he will say "PANDARIA WAS PART OF WARCRAFT LORE NOOB"I don't understand why to make NEW stories? there is so much more depth in warcraft lore they can use...It seems like a fake tweet discusion..1 dev asks, the other devs answer to show us what the "players want"

I would love Blizzard if they brought Grom Hellscream back. I felt like he was the coolest Hero in the game and they killed him off extremely early.

Kind of the opposite on my server. In T11 there were no pug raids until well after 4.1 dropped. Then T12 besides trash runs didn't really start showing up till after the nerfs and of course legendary things were always reserved. In contrast T13 normal mind you I see at least one pug a day. On busier nights of course have much more.

On another note I wonder if they are going to nerf it some more.

As a couple people pointed out above, this is a pretty flawed analysis. There were significant nerfs to Heroic Spine of Deathwing in addition to the general 5% DS nerf. You can't separate out the impact of the 5% from either of the last two fights because (i) there were no additional nerfs to regular modes aside from the 5% and (ii) H Spine is the major bottleneck in heroic progression.

If you want to show us an analysis that makes sense, please look at other fights than the last two.