10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GodricMaelstrom View Post
    I designed my mesmer after a pirate (wields a sword and pistol!). Whats odd though is that it relys heavily on illusions. I'm considering making a mantra based mesmer however with Harmonious Mantras being the concrete of the build.
    Why didn't you do Sword/Pistol Thief instead? That seems... much more pirate like to me. O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Why didn't you do Sword/Pistol Thief instead? That seems... much more pirate like to me. O_o
    I concur. /smokes pipe

Dual pistol thief even sounds more pirate to me.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Dual pistol thief even sounds more pirate to me.
    I'm always going to be looking for that game that allows you to choose how to level up, be a swashbuckler by going buckler/rapier(sword)/light armor ^^

Everyone starts the game as a blank slate, then you level your skills how you want to level up. Develop into a archetype warrior/thief/archer/mage or construct your own such as a nightblade (stealth mage/assassin), red mage, sorcerer, paladin, warden and on and on so everyone would be unique in that sense. And if you want, you could be a warrior then go hm, I want to play as another class. And drop what you're wearing and dawn light armor and level up those skills.

This type of game wouldn't have player levels, but mainly just skill levels.

But anyways, I'm having a hard time deciding on my 2hS/SP Mesmer or going with a staff/scepter
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

I'll be going staff and scepter/torch PvP.

I was going staff scepter/pistol PvE however I think Sword/pistol greatsword would be better.

With the new leap its a quick escape mechanic into a ranged weapon.

I'll be going staff and scepter/torch PvP.

I was going staff scepter/pistol PvE however I think Sword/pistol greatsword would be better.

With the new leap its a quick escape mechanic into a ranged weapon.
    Video on the new leap ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Video on the new leap ability?
    There is none, like always.

However you leap - summons clone at old location then you can switch places with the clone. The chain attack last like 2 seconds though. page 25 has the list of new abilities.

There is none, like always.

However you leap - summons clone at old location then you can switch places with the clone. The chain attack last like 2 seconds though. page 25 has the list of new abilities.
    You have 5 secs to swap places with your clone. It's exactly like the old leap with the ability to swap with your clone for 5 secs. They did this cause they took out illusionary leap and rolled some of the trickiness into one ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbomb116 View Post
    You have 5 secs to swap places with your clone. It's exactly like the old leap with the ability to swap with your clone for 5 secs. They did this cause they took out illusionary leap and rolled some of the trickiness into one ability.
    Fine by me, I can have someone chasing me on wall and leap down have them chase me and 'leap' back and just range them from my safe haven while they scramble away. Gives sword users an extra ability to use now instead of having two abilities do the exact same thing just with a small twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Fine by me, I can have someone chasing me on wall and leap down have them chase me and 'leap' back and just range them from my safe haven while they scramble away. Gives sword users an extra ability to use now instead of having two abilities do the exact same thing just with a small twist.
    It definitely makes main hand sword for mesmers viable ... before the change, besides "messing with people", two of the three sword abilities created weak hitting clones (which could be replaced with "mirror images" utility for any weapon choice). It's a welcomed change ... and now I am once again excited to do Sword/Torch.

I think another pass at the Focus offhand is in order ... without having played, of course, I don't see the allure compared to torch or pistol. The defensiveness is nice but tied to a phantasm is meh for me.

I think another pass at the Focus offhand is in order ... without having played, of course, I don't see the allure compared to torch or pistol. The defensiveness is nice but tied to a phantasm is meh for me.
    I have completely disregarded focus as a weapon, and so far I never take into consideration using a focus in my builds.

We got a new downed skill: Teleport- Teleport to target location.

It replaced Illusion of Life.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Leap sword clone still runs to the target right? After 2-3 seconds the clone will be in melee range anyway, then the second half of the ability wont be too effective. Very interested in seeing how these two abilities work, because A Leap in - Teleport Out combo doesn't sound very damaging.

If it stayed still I could imagine leaping in - blade flurrying - switching out.... but then the clone itself would be pretty useless (no more than a teleport marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    We got a new downed skill: Teleport- Teleport to target location.

It replaced Illusion of Life.
    That's too bad, illusion of life seemed really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    The Leap sword clone still runs to the target right? After 2-3 seconds the clone will be in melee range anyway, then the second half of the ability wont be too effective. Very interested in seeing how these two abilities work, because A Leap in - Teleport Out combo doesn't sound very damaging.

If it stayed still I could imagine leaping in - blade flurrying - switching out.... but then the clone itself would be pretty useless (no more than a teleport marker)
    That doesn't mean you can't move, you can easily get some distance and before they chase you switch and now they think the clone is you and you are running back to them.

That's too bad, illusion of life seemed really cool.
    Really useless too. The teleport is better but should still summon a clone laying down in your place.

how do you think great sword will be for pvp, i cant decide but it looks very strong

Quote Originally Posted by devkingofthemarsh View Post
    how do you think great sword will be for pvp, i cant decide but it looks very strong
    It's power is strong, its utility is weak however. It's cd's can be used up in seconds if not managed right, your secondary weapon should play off getting distance if you want to main a greatsword.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't mean you can't move, you can easily get some distance and before they chase you switch and now they think the clone is you and you are running back to them.
    It's going to be expected now that every Mesmer will immediately switch with their clone after leaping in, so Mesmers should stop using the swap skill, but then they'll expect that too! UH OH!
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-29 at 01:24 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

It's going to be expected now that every Mesmer will immediately switch with their clone after leaping in, so Mesmers should stop using the swap skill, but then they'll expect that too! UH OH!
    They can't expect the timing though, that's something people will have to learn to utilize.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can't expect the timing though, that's something people will have to learn to utilize.
    On a more serious note, I hope the clone-swap isn't too heavily telegraphed.