Page 37 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Pretty sure they last until the target dies.
    Well then that's dandy, I was afraid they'd only last for a brief duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Well then that's dandy, I was afraid they'd only last for a brief duration.
    they last until your target dies, you shatter them, or enemy kills them, you can trait it so bad things happen when they're killed to really make the enemy consider whether or not they want to kill them, and also punish them for losing track of you
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    they last until your target dies, you shatter them, or enemy kills them, you can trait it so bad things happen when they're killed to really make the enemy consider whether or not they want to kill them, and also punish them for losing track of you
    My plan is to keep them alive until my illusion summoning skills are off cd, then shatter them so I can easily resummon them instantly.

Cant wait to play my sword/sword and scepter/torch build lol. O can anyone tell me a pc tht I can buy tht is cheap yet can run gw2 on max settings?

10+ Year Old Account
    So when you use mind wrack, do your clones become bombs that explode? Or do you just sacrifice them to deal direct damage?

So when you use mind wrack, do your clones become bombs that explode? Or do you just sacrifice them to deal direct damage?
    They explode.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They explode.
    Shatter to be precise. I think every animation for illusions disappearing or getting destroyed is that of shattering glass.

10+ Year Old Account
    They explode.
    That's... kind of shitty. So clones that used ranged attacks are useless because the person can just stay away from exploding range, while clones that fight in melee range will follow them better.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's... kind of shitty. So clones that used ranged attacks are useless because the person can just stay away from exploding range, while clones that fight in melee range will follow them better.
    no no no no no, they run into melee range before going KAPOW unless it's the distortion one (the one that gives you a defensive buff), and when you tell them to explode they just B line it to the enemy and seem to go through aoes and that without taking any damage, so once you tell themto go blow up, you're going to ruin somebodies day.

Also, keep in mind all shatters (but the defensive one) are aoes, so even if you don't hit your original target due to them dodging out of the way, you'll still hit anyone else around that area.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    no no no no no, they run into melee range before going KAPOW unless it's the distortion one (the one that gives you a defensive buff), and when you tell them to explode they just B line it to the enemy and seem to go through aoes and that without taking any damage, so once you tell themto go blow up, you're going to ruin somebodies day.

Also, keep in mind all shatters (but the defensive one) are aoes, so even if you don't hit your original target due to them dodging out of the way, you'll still hit anyone else around that area.
    Oh, I didn't know they went and ran to your enemy before exploding. Do you have any control over your clones before that? Or do they basically just have their own ai?

Oh, I didn't know they went and ran to your enemy before exploding. Do you have any control over your clones before that? Or do they basically just have their own ai?
    Clones and phatasms die when the target you targeted die, so any time you activate a shatter skill they run to the target they were summoned on and shatter for aoe damage. They have their own AI as this is the mechanic, they are not meant to be some kind of pet thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you hit the shatter button they just B line it and once they get near the enemy blow up, before that they will attack and follow what ever your TARGET was at the point of creation. And keep in mind that if your target dies all your clones do, so if they're getting low on health you might as well make their face a nice pretty purple crater.

---------- Post added 2012-04-17 at 11:31 AM ----------

Clones and phatasms die when the target you targeted die, so any time you activate a shatter skill they run to the target they were summoned on and shatter for aoe damage. They have their own AI as this is the mechanic, they are not meant to be some kind of pet thing.
    Do they run to the one you summoned them to? Or to the target you had at the time you told them to shatter? I thought it was the later, but i could be wrong..

Nope, we do not control them.

When you make an illusion it does it's thing and can be shattered for an extra effect. That's all there is to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it have it's own aggro table? Like if you summon your illusions to attack a norn, and some ass hat asura starts hitting them, will they turn to attack the asura or just remain on the norn?

Do they run to the one you summoned them to? Or to the target you had at the time you told them to shatter? I thought it was the later, but i could be wrong..
    Since its a separate attack, most likely the latter.

Does it have it's own aggro table? Like if you summon your illusions to attack a norn, and some ass hat asura starts hitting them, will they turn to attack the asura or just remain on the norn?
    There is no aggro table with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent... I'm heavily considering going mesmer now! Still really eager to see dual sword mesmer.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-04-17 at 04:43 PM.

With the recent PvP video, I am 64% certain when you summon a clone the other player switches to the clone target. However it was too chaotic to tell if it was target switch or clone body blocking.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-04-17 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the recent PvP video, I am 64% certain when you summon a clone the other player switches to the clone target. However it was too chaotic to tell if it was target switch or clone body blocking.
    If it's the one im thinking of it seems like they just lost their target... but i could be thinking of something else...

If it's the one im thinking of it seems like they just lost their target... but i could be thinking of something else...
    The one I recently posted where a developer was playing the mesmer, however it was too chaotic to tell if it was body blocking or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one I recently posted where a developer was playing the mesmer, however it was too chaotic to tell if it was body blocking or not.
    i'll rewatch it, but im pretty sure i'm thinking of that one...