Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't really get that sentiment. It should be much easier to turn into something similar than something vastly different, like a bull turning into a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumata View Post
    Just get on all fours for bear form.
    If it was that easy then every Pandaren class including monks would be able to get on all fours and do the same thing... It just creates way too much confusion

They wouldn't have needed a bear form. Could have made it a stance for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna be a bear that turns into a bear.

But seriously, I thought Pandaren Druids would make some sense, given their inclination with nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Trolls learned it from a completely different source. That lore reason doesn't hold any water. There's also been plenty of possible explanations as to how they could have learned druidism before leaving their turtle already.

It was pretty obvious at BlizzCon they hadn't given much thought to why lorewise Pandaren can't be druids, they just decided that it is that way, as opposed to DKs and Warlocks which clash heavily with Pandaren philosophy.

Personally, i was rather disappointed not to see them on the list.
    True. I had actually forgotten trolls turned to the loa for that instead of the traditional way. Not gonna edit my post now anyway, it's late and my brain doesn't like doing that.

Regardless, the version we have now has them restricted from being druids because they don't have access to any of the sources other races did. But like I said... they can change their mind whenever the hell they want, in whatever way they find fits the race well, so I wouldn't discard pandaren druids yet. Small chance, but can still happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    So much fail in this thread.

a) Bear turning into a bear is just plain stupid.
    b) Pandaren would of had to teach themselves druidism being isolated ant everything. Since they can't be druids, then it means they didn't bother teaching themselves druidism. (just because they're bears doesn't mean they have more connectivity to nature than humans or any other race, we're all animals, plus a sentient bear has no more connectivity to nature as any other sentient beings, then again niether does anything esle. It's justn our perception of nature through instincts and domestication.).
    c) The argument that other races can become monks so why can't pandaren become druids is fundamentally flawed.

A non-pandaren race starting out as a monk is assumed to of had outside influence from a pandaren to learn how to be a monk. This time period can be any time as there is no set date or time when a non-pandearen race starts with the exception to goblins and worgen who can't be monks anyway, for this very reason.

A Pandaren starts on the turtle. This starting zone is the home of Pandaren players who have had no outside contact with the other races and so have not had any chance to learn Druidism from them. The only way they could of learn't druidism is from themselves, and they've been too busy watching jacki chan movies to even contemplate learning druidism.

Saying that the Pandaren on the turtle have "no reason" why they shouldn't of learn't druidism from themselves on their turtle is as redundant as saying why the fuck haven't you learn't to play the harpsichord or taken up ballet classes? because they either chose not too or didn't know what the fuck it was in the first place.

Your arguement relys on them knowing what druidism is in the first place. If they don't know what it is then why would they know to use it?
    For instance, why can't you learn to be a monk? Why can't your race fight like a monk, use kung fu attacks and fight with your fists? It's pretty easy right? yet you can't do it? Jees your character must be pretty lame for not knowing how to do that right?
    Last edited by Trigg; 2012-02-25 at 02:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those stating that "Panda's cant be druids because they werent taught by Cenarius", look at them Worgen. Gilneans practiced Druidism for quite a long time, and they NEVER had any contact with both the Night Elves and Cenarius. Night Elves= Dreamer type druids, they are the guys who go into a sleep for a few hundred years wandering the emerald dream. Tauren share a bond with the Earth Mother, Trolls are at ease with the Loa, and Worgen druids are closer to witches then anything else.

Blizz can make w/e race be w/e class and can easily come up with lore reasons for it.

---------- Post added 2012-02-25 at 04:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post

And yet, a cow turning into a bear, or a wolf turning into a bear is not?
    So much fail
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Sigh. Ok then. I'm creating a pandaren now. I start my adventure before joining the horde or alliance. I never heard of druidism before. I now join the horde, and meet the trolls and tauren, who know the ways of the druid. They'll teach my fellow pandaren the ways of the druid. But not me. I already followed the path of the mage.

I'm not really finding the words to describe what I mean all that well, really. You create a pandaren, you don't know druidism. YOUR pandaren doesn't know druidism. None of the playable ones do, because they joined the factions before being introduced to druidism. Even if the other races teach druidism to pandaren, our characters already had their own classes upon joining. They already chose a path.

Now I create an orc. My orc is created, and his starting zone already assumes pandaren have joined the horde. As such, a pandaren monk emissary offers to train young orcs in the ways of the monk if they wish.

I'm not sure if I made myself clear, but that's the best I could come up with to explain what I mean. Yes, races are able to learn from each other, but you meet the druids after you've already become a mage/monk/whatever. You already have a class.
    You know that, when you start a Worgen druid, you are just a "Botanic" (like the blood elves in the Botanica) up untill level 10 or so when you meet the Night Elves? Read up on their lore.

---------- Post added 2012-02-25 at 02:54 PM ----------

b) Pandaren would of had to teach themselves druidism being isolated ant everything. Since they can't be druids, then it means they didn't bother teaching themselves druidism. (just because they're bears doesn't mean they have more connectivity to nature than humans or any other race, we're all animals, plus a sentient bear has no more connectivity to nature as any other sentient beings, then again niether does anything esle. It's justn our perception of nature through instincts and domestication.).
    c) The argument that other races can become monks so why can't pandaren become druids is fundamentally flawed.
    Your arguments are the only failure in this thread. Non of them even make sense - please refrain adding more of your uselessness into this thread, if you lack imigination and just eat everything Blizzard throught at you.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2012-02-25 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolls learned it from a completely different source. That lore reason doesn't hold any water. There's also been plenty of possible explanations as to how they could have learned druidism before leaving their turtle already.

It was pretty obvious at BlizzCon they hadn't given much thought to why lorewise Pandaren can't be druids, they just decided that it is that way, as opposed to DKs and Warlocks which clash heavily with Pandaren philosophy.

Personally, i was rather disappointed not to see them on the list.
    Yes, trolls learned from a different source, but still after the Pandaren left Azeroth.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yes, trolls learned from a different source, but still after the Pandaren left Azeroth.
    So? Ignoring that the Pandaren never left Azeroth, only the old Supercontinent that existed before the Well went boom, how is that even relevant?
    Point is, you did't need to have been there for Cenarius' teachings to learn druidism. It's just one way to do it, but there are others.

Pandaren would also have a damn good reason to care about nature, seeing how the playable faction starts of on the back of a turtle they've lived on for generations.

Deleted
    The lore excuse is very lame. Everyone knows Blizzard can just change the lore if they want to. There are other reasons why they don't want to make Pandaren druids (yet). Off-topic, if they make gnome druids, I will never ever change mains, ever ever again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Pandaren cannot be: Death Knights, Warlocks and druids.
    You forgot to add Paladin to that list...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    The lore reason of ya know.... the Pandaren race having retreated from the rest of the world when Cenarius was teaching the first night elves, like Malfurion, the path of Druidism, makes legit sense. Can't really say "Oh, they just magically know Druidism, without having any precedence at all".
    This is the exact reason why they can't become druids. And "Bearception". Honestly I dont really mind. I dont truly understand the worgen "druid" though because they were cut off behind the wall.

Hello op, your about 5 months late to this party and this subject has been done to death

Quote Originally Posted by Awfulx View Post
    Would make more sense for pandarian's to be druid then worgen.
    What? How? Worgen are humans that shapeshift into worgen, wolf-like creatures. That's the whole basis on why worgen can be druids, because they're already closely tied to Lo-gosh (the druid's wolf spirit).

Pandarian, on the other hand, left Azeroth before Cenarius taught night elves druidism. Hence, no panda druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    Ugh, stop it with the colourcoding, my migraine is already bad enough as is XvX
    Quote Originally Posted by flaggel View Post
    This is the exact reason why they can't become druids. And "Bearception". Honestly I dont really mind. I dont truly understand the worgen "druid" though because they were cut off behind the wall.
    No, those are not the reasons. Those are the explanations they pretty much made up on the spot during the QA at BlizzCon.

The added workload for the art team would probably be one of the more prominent actual reasons.

my reply to this entire thread:

the argument to make pandaren druids is basically the argument to let every race play every class. imo-boring. some races would then die almost completely. i'd rather have them not be playable as everything (druid included).

10+ Year Old Account
    Panderan are not Panda bears just like how humans are not monkeys, they are derivative and are evolved. The argument of panda cannot turn into bear because it is a bear is silly because it is not a bear. Also why couldnt a panda bear turn into a bear, what is so strange about that? It goes from normal caster panda bear form, to just BEAR.

It is a video game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    Aye, my apology on that... Noticed that just as I was pressing the shut down on the computer..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Pandaren would also have a damn good reason to care about nature, seeing how the playable faction starts of on the back of a turtle they've lived on for generations.
    Please try growing a fucking tree on the back of a turtle. Thanks.

But to be more serious, it's essentially the same reason why Blood elves or any other race cannot become druids. Their society is woven around something on the other side of the spectrum, therefor not bothering to even learn it or never saw the use in it.
    For example: Blood elves of Silvermoon have their society built around arcane magic, even if they're descendants from the Night Elves, they still didn't bother picking druidism up, even after meeting the ones that could.
    HELL, THERE ARE BLOOD ELF DRUIDS, but are you one of them? No, because you don't start out in the society that offers those teachings.

That's basically just an example of the reasoning blizzard has when deciding whether a playable race can be X class or not. In lore, there ae actually no racial restrictions that come into play when choosing your class. But in your story, the one you start out in, the teachings to become a specific class, druids for example, simply aren't offered.
    Another example: Dwarves weren't able to become mages or shamans pre-cata, that's because you played as an Ironforge dwarf. However, with the Cataclysm, the Dark Iron dwarves (where mages were actually quite common) and the Wildhammer dwarves (where shamanism was a big deal) started working together with the Ironforge dwarves and passed on their teachings to the younger Ironforge dwarves in training.

Pandarens start out in a different timeline, so do Worgen and Goblins, it has to do with how they tell the story in the new starting zones.

However, since all races (besides worgen and goblins, due time lines) can become monks as well, leads me to believe that there is a group of mormon pandaren monks, who basically feel like they need to shove their ideals down everyone's throat.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2012-02-26 at 09:41 AM.