Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

No changes to 1-60 in mists

On the Q & A for the wow-china forums, the devs answered several questions about coming events. This one I took notice of.

Q:
    Will Cataclysm revamped stories be followed up on in Mists of Pandaria, such as the fate of Ashenvale, Feralas and its army, and many other points?

A:
    No. The timeline of level 1-60 zones will stay in the time of Cataclysm. And when you enter the zones that require higher than 85, Deathwing is already dead in their time. The story of Mists of Pandaria will set roughly 1 year after Cataclysm.
    So they don't intend to work anything into the 1-60 leveling experience, despite themselves admitting there approach to lineal questing in those zones was wrong?

Also, a lot of stories in the leveling zones were open ended, stories that felt like they needed more to them. Unlike in vanilla, I never had this feeling of finishing a zone and still thinking the story isn't over surely? What happens next? Ashenvale, Hillsbrad, Gilnaes, Stonetalon, Westfall, Southern Barrens, loads more.

Ok I can understand focusing work on pandaria is what they promised, but to outright say they don't intend to do anything else with the stories in azeroth seems cheap. I want to see the story progress in these zones, not read about them in a short story.

Doesn't make me feel like leveling in mop either, except a monk, lineal questing in 1-60 azeroth was dull the 3ed time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh for heaven's sakes. People would completely freak out if they went and messed around AGAIN with 1-60 in any sort of substantial way.

Enough people are blaming 1-60 entirely for Cataclysm being bad.

It goes by quickly enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well like I posted a while back:

- It's a TON of work to redo the thousands of quests that make up 1 - 60. So no, I can't imagine them doing it for every expansion
    - Historically, they don't change the zones with new expansions. Hence why we have Outland and Northrend
    - Most of the 1 - 60 content doesn't focus on Deathwing, but rather the rebuilding of the world from the event. One year is hardly enough time to completely erase (or even get started on), the effects of the Cataclysm.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh, its not like they recently completely revamped it all or anything...seriously, stop wanting everything at once, they will change it, just not yet, they lke to le remnants of expansions in place, so according to this logic youd expect the Dark Portal to have no demons left, or all the old raids to actualy have nothing in as youv experienced it, so it can move on now

This isnt me having a go at you, its nothing personal lol, i just find it frustrating when things like this are said, the main storyline moves on, the smaller quests cannot all be changed each expac to further there story=/

Thank god, don't need more dev time wasted on sub max level content.

please dont reamp 1-60 quests again... I hated questing for loremaster again >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares? We got our update for 1 - 60 questing, if WoW still has expansions being released over the next 7 years then sure they can revamp it, but its not necessary as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    please dont reamp 1-60 quests again... I hated questing for loremaster again >.<
    Questing 60-70 I am completely okay with redoing.

1-60 is enjoyable and has been successfully revamped. It really doesn't need new stuff now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I hope not. Let's focus on end game content. leveling goes by pretty quickly as it is.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

The only zone I hope to see any changes to is Dustwallow Marsh, simply because of the upcoming event involving the Horde blowing Theramore to hell.

It still kinda makes sense, there's really no need to redo that content again..IMO cataclysm messed up the timeline way too much for questing, but that's been said a million times I'm sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Latitude View Post
    Questing 60-70 I am completely okay with redoing.
    No, it takes like 3 hours, and is fine how it is. let's not waste time on old things
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Wait, wasn't 1-60 entirely revamped for Cataclysm? People expect a new 1-60 leveling experience with every expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Look I'm not talking about the way you level, if lineal questing is enjoyable to you then fine thats your deal. I'm looking at this from a lore standpoint, which is what most of wow is consist of, and how the stories in many zones were open ended leaving it feeling like more needs to come out of it.

Something I would like to see is a reduction of power in sub 60 characters. Why does my level 10 Paladin get to go from more than 2 mobs at once killing me at level, to 1 shotting 3 quest targets at once as prot at level 10, with all white gear? I would like to see damage scaled WAY down on signature abilities below level 60. I'm not talking about general abilities like steady shot, crusader strike, frost bolt, etc. But aimed shot/avenger's shield/revenge/chaos bolt/etc AND heals need to be suppressed a bit.

The past revamp of that content had a good reason behind it, the cataclysm.
    The emergence of deathwing did in several regions cause substantial damage and so the content in those had to be updated accordingly.
    It was a good opportunity to also fix many issues with the levelling experience in general.

We can't realistically expect updates of non-current content with every content patch or expansion.

Deleted
    They just completely redid the story and quest theme in 90% of the 1-60 zones and you want them to change it already? If I didnt know better, I'd think you didnt this new expansion to ever arrive.

As for the lore standpoint, what standpoint is there? So far we know very little of the story of MoP but most of it from what we have seen and heard is that it will be based entirely on Pandaria (and of course the Wandering Isles). As far as I'm aware, there is no story element announced so far that would suggest going back to the 1-60 zones again to alter the lore.

They're hopefully focusing on getting everything they said they'd have, in game, ready at launch. They have too much riding on that, imo.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm talking about the continuation of the story they set out in cataclysm and left many stories without end. The fact someone was asking about things like the state of ashenvale forest suggests people think about how the lore in those zones should continue somehow.