Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i had numerous times i just stopped for a few months and simply let the sub continue to run. Really dont care its 15 euros max a month and if you pay for 6 months at a time its even cheaper. I simply want to login at any moment without reactivating etc. Its the cheapest form of entertainment and its for me more then worth the 15 euros i spend each month on it.

87 months .. over 490 days play time over all characters = 5.7 days i spend from a full month on average in wow.
    So arround 50k seconds a month meaning i pay 0.0003 cents per second i actually play. If you know something cheaper be my guest.

On the other side (if i would pay per month) I would now have payed a minimum of 1545 euros for wow.
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-02-28 at 02:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisshands View Post
    I have. I am not tired of WoW.
    and what is your secret?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been subscribed since I started playing in February 2005 except for 2 months during 2006 when due to real life circumstances, couldn't afford to pay (but I still played on a friends account during that time). Other than that I think the longest I have gone without playing was a forced 2 week family vacation.

I am still actively playing and still enjoying the game.

Quote Originally Posted by senshu View Post
    I know OF people who have, but don't know any personally. To have played from the beginning, nonstop, and still enjoy it? That's a major fanboy right there.
    Not sure how one would have to be a fanboy in order to like a game. That seems like silly logic to me. "Everyone who likes the game more than I do is a fanboy, and everyone who likes the game less is a whiny noob. Only I am perfect." is what I get out of your post.
    ಠ_ಠ

Joined Dec 2008.
    Left March 2011.
    Returned Oct 2011.

I plan to unsub again whenever Guild Wars 2 drops and my Annual Pass 'dies.' I know GW2 has no sub fee, but really? Why pay for something if I'm not playing it? Especially if GW2 drops in May/June 2012 and my AP runs out in Oct 2012 and I'm still 'in love.....'

Edit: I have 1 RL friend who joined in 1.8 and played during the AQ Gates Event. She's never left. Though i do know she's very bored...
    Last edited by willowe; 2012-02-28 at 06:22 AM.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Playing since March 2007, never unsubbed, because I never felt bored with WoW so much that I wouldn't want to log on atleast once a week. The longest I've been away was three weeks for a family vacation.

I played for 6 years and 7 months, then came SW:TOR and I stopped my subscription for 2 months... SW:TOR endgame was super boring and very bugged - so I'm back to WoW - but to be honest I'm just waiting for Guild Wars 2, Tera and Diablo3 - WoW is also pretty boring today.

---------- Post added 2012-02-28 at 10:12 AM ----------

9$ for a sammich? That's just crazy. Make one yourself will cost you a small fraction of that and it will taste better because you can select very fresh materials.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JeeroyLenkins View Post
    Just something I've been thinking about recently. I'm sure there are some people who have never canceled their subscription, not even once. I've been playing WoW on and off for the past few years, canceling and resubscribing each time I felt like it. However, I can not even imagine being continuously subscribed to WoW, especially for 7 straight years (since launch). Why would people do this? Has there not been a single month in the past few years that those people haven't played WoW?
    I play tons of different PC games, and I'd get pretty sick of playing the same one every month for years and years on end without a break every here and there. Will those people remain subscribed till the end of time? I mean, to me that just doesn't make any sense. Even if you're a hardcore player, there has to be at least *some* point in time that you want to take a break and cancel for a month to try other games.
    Then I hear of people who don't actively play, but stay subscribed "just in case" they ever feel like playing. Not only is that a waste of money, but it also reminds me of some old people (grandmas and grandpas) who are still subscribed and pay monthly fees for their old AOL dial-up accounts just in case they might want to use them... I actually know people who did this. Seriously baffles me.
    I have had an active ½ year payment subscribtion for the past 7 years. (around 850 days /played on all chars)
    the month I have played the least was when Swtor came out. January 2012 I only played wow for around 10 hours.
    Apart from that month I have played At least 30 hours every month.

When I was at my highest (Mid BC) I played around 45 hours each week.
    Now I have a Family wife and kids, I only allow myself to play around 10 hours a week.

I'm very much looking forward to MoP, there is no indications that I will cancel anytime soon.
    Tarren Mill, EU
    Tussee Level 110
    Ygtitte Level 110, Daènerys Level 110, Hotlava Level 110,
    Palefoot Level 110, Elemulius Level 110, Tussedk Level 110,
    Thuesen Level 110, Briènne Level 110, Tussebank level 110
    Tipoldefar Level 110, Gnarfy Level 110

I've played since Vanilla and the first time I cancelled my subscription was during Cataclysm. I came back for Firelands and now cancelled again after heroic DW was dead.

I don't know if it's this expansion or did I just get enough of WoW in general. Probably a combination of both. Also my guild (that has stuck together since vanilla) started this expansion as a 25man guild but people have left and in the end we had difficulties to get enough people for a 10man raid... and 10mans just don't feel super exciting to me.

I might come back for MoP, but that depends on my guild really. If enough people come back then yeah I'll be there too. At this point I'm not interested in finding another guild to raid with... it's either with the same people I've known since vanilla or not at all.

In the same boat as this guy.
    There's no way to get bored with this game, if you go out and look for things that interest you. I remember back in Vanilla I spent about every minute of in-game free time (Which wasn't alot back then, between grinding Hydraxis rep, gearing up Fire resist gear for MC, shadow resist for AQ and BWL, and pvping trying to get the highest title I could.) I was exploring the world. Literally just walking all around the map. Even trying to get to these fabled out of bounds areas. For like, 4 months straight. Burning Crusade I leveled like, 4 alts and raided on them all. Wrath I was pvping on like 3 toons, and raiding on those same 3. Along with doing as many quests as possible on my warrior. Cata I've been redoing all the old revamped zones quests. Exploring. Pvping and raiding. Also making transmog sets like crazy.
    Another Day Closer to Death. ☼_☼

Deleted
    Why would you care how others manage their account?
    I got mine active since start and never stopped the subscription.
    Got enough money. It's a hobby. Why can't I spend my money on my hobby?
    If my hobby would be bikes, I would have spend a LOT more money on that than paying for this game.

Deleted
    makes my point exactally while i have tried others (aion for example) i never stoped subing to wow while i was on aion i just only "raided" and was on wow for anything else. but then aion jsut became a bore so i went back to wow.

I created my first character (human warrior) on in March 2006 and with the exception of 3 months where I didn't have internet access, I've been a subscriber. I've tried most of the "wow killers" and outside of the eye candy they offer, I'm not real impressed with them, so here I stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think a lot of people that were here at launch stuck around. They're the people that are less likely to bitch about the direction of the game. These are the people that obviously love the atmosphere of the Warcraft Universe, the lore, and the game as a whole.

I, for one, have been around since vanilla. I've canceled my sub numerous times, but usually find my way back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing since 3 months after release, only break I've had in my sub was due to an overseas work contract. No other game imo have even come close to delivering the amounts of variate that this game offers.., which very highly includes the social connections you get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JeeroyLenkins View Post
    Have you even played games such as Aion? Nowhere near awful, has excellent end-game content including pretty fast-paced and balanced PvP. And guess what? It goes free-to-play starting from tomorrow (28th of February).
    Same as my statement above, yours is completely subjective. I could care less about PvP and Asian MMOs just doesn't feel epic, including that one ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I was very on and off in Wrath, game kinda sucked. I was also trying to get good at the game, but kids in a small community hated me because I was bad and didn't want to let me get good, so I told them to get hit by a bus and did some real life stuff. But other than that, I have been on for the most part of the ride since the middle of Burning Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    and what is your secret?
    plays a warlock

Deleted
    I've been playing since May 07,I have had breaks however. Its hard to play a game for that long nonstop.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was subbed from Jan '05 to a few days after Cata was released.... almost 6 solid years of constant sub. The only reason why there was a break was because my PC decided to poop the bed and it was a good time for me to take a break from the game. Re-subbed a year later once I got around to building a new PC. I'm a proud fanboy and I will never transfer off my original server =)

Still get the random alt in trade chat going "Holy shit its Zenko" whenever I try selling stuff.
    Last edited by Zenko; 2012-02-29 at 07:37 AM.

Playing since December 04...because I have been playing the game regularly the whole time. Once per week I go down to the local supermarket and buy a pide which costs $7. That's almost half the WoW monthly payment each week for ONE lunch break, so what is the problem? Who are you to patronize people for paying a small amount per month for a game they like?
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail