Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Are you unique in WoW?

How unique are you on your choice of race/class choice? Are you that snowflake who fleshes out a fascinating story? Or are you simply another Human/Blood Elf brick in the wall who says "to hell with being a hipster!" and follows everyone else?

As for myself, I'm a Dwarf Warrior as a main, a Human Priest as my PvP character and my alts being an Orc Hunter and Dwarf Warlock. So all in all, I'd say I'm pretty unique, though the Human was almost mandatory at the time.

How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    How unique are you on your choice of race/class choice? Are you that snowflake who fleshes out a fascinating story? Or are you simply another Human/Blood Elf brick in the wall who says "to hell with being a hipster!" and follows everyone else?

As for myself, I'm a Dwarf Warrior as a main, a Human Priest as my PvP character and my alts being an Orc Hunter and Dwarf Warlock. So all in all, I'd say I'm pretty unique, though the Human was almost mandatory at the time.

How about you?
    I dont understand this, the majority of my characters are humans because I simply hate the way everything else looks. Recently rolled a draenei mage and regret every cast..

I guess I'm a human/blood elf brick. Female blood elf holy paladin.
    Last edited by anveena; 2012-02-25 at 04:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tauren Death Knight Dps. Don't see many tauren that aren't tanks these days. Next up: Tauren Shaman to replace my alliance draenei.

Undead Rogue. Not a unique race/class combo, but I like to believe that I'm unique in terms of my fleshed out story.

I am an RPer. Bee tee dubs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elf warrior, and everyone has their own story on my character, usually a firey one, due to my character being named Ragnaros.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are over 10 million players. No one, unless they're RP'ing with very unique background stories, are special in this game...every combination of race and class and spec have been used thousands of times over, at least, even on your own server.

I felt pretty cool being an orc warlock in vanilla, but since TBC I just felt that everyone had so many alts due to the lesser exp required to hit max level, that nobody could possibly be unique and so it destroyed that mystique. <-- rhymes lol

No. I'm just one face in sea of million faces. I, nor you, nor the next poster is unique or special in any way shape or form, in terms of wow. Sorry if this comes as a shock, but all we are ever going to be, is 1 single solitary sub. Maybe a few more if you multibox, but not really enough to be special. You might be special to someone in the real world, and if you are, then your truly blessed. But in terms of wow, your not a special snowflake in the slightest. Sorry if this sounds cold and heartless, but its true.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one is unique in WoW.

Deleted
    Out of the 16 "Grudolf"s in EU/US armories only one beside me is an Orc Hunter.
    The first time I checked there were only like 3 of the same name.

Depending on which of my characters you call my main, I'm either a troll hunter or a blood elf paladin... but neither is all that uncommon, so that's a "no" to being unique based on class/spec.

My transmog's a bit less common though, if you're talking my hunter... I did the PvP/black version of the hunter tier 4. Tier sets aren't the most creative transmog, but I haven't seen anyone else using it (I'm talking about while actually playing of course). I decided to go with the original Shadowstrike for my polearm transmog, but the bow I want hasn't dropped yet.

(My paladin's transmog is either the T6, or the purple T2, depending on spec... which is about as common as it gets, but I like them both so I don't care :P)

I have yet to see a female dwarf rogue

I am a typical player who has a human male DK/Pally.

But seriously I have a Orc Warrior, Blood Elf Warlock, Troll Druid and Gnome Mage.

yes because troll warriors are uncommon and no on my dk because im an orc which is obviously the best choice ;D

my main is a warrior goblin named Bigdavis. That comes from when he was a big black tauren first time I made a character. So no... not a fancy pants BE

<<< Troll Warrior since Vanilla, ZG tiger mount, precious ribbon, insane title. uniqwa

there are so many other night elf rogues on my server it was getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Of those four, only the dwarf warlock could be considered rare. I see the other three combos all the time.

Kind varies for me. I have every class to level cap, and I pick the race that is best suited for that class, IMO. Things like Orc Warlocks didn't make any sense to me (most of the new race/class combos don't, either) so I didn't roll like that.

But yeah.... it really doesn't matter anymore. I play a goblin rogue as my main for now (depends on what MoP brings to the table for account-wide things) and that's about as unique as I can get, considering it's one of the lesser played classes today.

For my alts.... Orc Hunter, Orc Shaman, Orc Death Knight, Orc Warrior, Goblin Mage, Goblin Priest, BElf Paladin, Tauren Druid, and Forsaken Warlock. Oh, and recently rerolled Alliance on another server with a Worgen Hunter, Worgen Death Knight, and a Worgen Rogue. Can you guess my favorite races?

In other words, I don't really try to be unique, I just try to be what I think makes sense. Orc Warlocks in the new Horde just seems silly, for instance.
    Last edited by Dirgon; 2012-02-25 at 05:44 AM.