Error on Bios when booting pc

So first off here are my specs

ASUS M5A97 Mobo
    AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Processor
    Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB x2 4gb
    ATI 6950 Graphics
    850 Watt OCZ Power supply

Now on boot up I get this error and it will not allow me to enter bios to do anything.

"Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting The data in the EC or EC flash might be corrupted. Please contact ASUS Technical support for help. System will restart in 15 seconds

I also get an Overclock failed error sometimes and when that one comes up it will allow me to enter the bio's by pressing f1 and can get my system to start. Once I shut it down again thought and try to boot it back up ill get one of those errors thought. I did have a overclock but I have since set all bio's settings do default settings. If anyone can help id be very greatful, thanks again

You can try to unplug everything bar the cpu, ram and gfx, clearing CMOS, try with another PSU but most likely you will need to RMA the board.
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

I will try unplugging everything from the board first. But if I have to how do you RMA the board, and what does that do? Guess I should add I did clear the CMOS a few times. Once by just setting default settings in bios and once by removing the battery off the board.
    Last edited by Boogdieb; 2012-02-26 at 10:02 PM.