19 19.39%
  • Sorrow's Furnace

24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey again my friends. Just checkin' in. The LoL games last night were fun, if not winning. XD

Still can't wait for the beta next week. <.<

Quote Originally Posted by HarlekinFilx View Post
    Neither Drake nor I said we were unappreciative of Kil's ability to get us a server.

What we're doing is simply pointing out that for a cheaper price you can get a larger server that has a better voice quality through Mumble.

http://www.instantteamspeak.com/team...ing-prices.php

http://www.gameservers.com/mumble_murmur/

Comparing the two, Mumble is cheaper. Yes, I realize this is only a small sample, but it shows that we can get Mumble for cheaper.

All we're doing is helping Kil save a few bucks.
    TeamSpeak is actually cheaper using those examples.

Assuming we don't buy one month at a time anyways. For example,

1 month for 250 players:

TeamSpeak: $77.50
    Mumble: $59.95

12 months for 250 players:

TeamSpeak: $604.50
    Mumble: $611.52
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-04-20 at 06:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HarlekinFilx View Post
    Neither Drake nor I said we were unappreciative of Kil's ability to get us a server.

What we're doing is simply pointing out that for a cheaper price you can get a larger server that has a better voice quality through Mumble.

http://www.instantteamspeak.com/team...ing-prices.php

http://www.gameservers.com/mumble_murmur/

Comparing the two, Mumble is cheaper. Yes, I realize this is only a small sample, but it shows that we can get Mumble for cheaper.

All we're doing is helping Kil save a few bucks.
    I appreciate it, but at the current time I'm not paying anything for the server.

I haven't been following the thread much, but have you discussed how you're going to decide who gets left out from the guild? Will it be a first come first serve type of deal or what? Unless the max number of guild members is higher than i think

Quote Originally Posted by Wikram View Post
    I haven't been following the thread much, but have you discussed how you're going to decide who gets left out from the guild? Will it be a first come first serve type of deal or what? Unless the max number of guild members is higher than i think
    I imagine active users on this thread and subforum, and then first come first serve. I don't think the "one post wonders" as they have been so eloquently described will probably get in.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-04-20 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can have up to 1000 people in WoW guilds.

Don't see why the number would be lower than that in GW2.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kilcin View Post
    I appreciate it, but at the current time I'm not paying anything for the server.
    Iz to haf dis method pweeze.

Aside jokes i was kinda "Damm he's kind enough to do that?" at first since i thought you were paying :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoriqQC View Post
    Iz to haf dis method pweeze.

Aside jokes i was kinda "Damm he's kind enough to do that?" at first since i thought you were paying :P
    I am willing to pay, but since I work in IT, I have connections.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You can have up to 1000 people in WoW guilds.

Don't see why the number would be lower than that in GW2.
    I hope you're right man. I heard somewhere that the max number of members per guild in GW1 was kinda low though.

I hope you're right man. I heard somewhere that the max number of members per guild in GW1 was kinda low though.
    It was 100 in Guild Wars 1. However, you could form an alliance of 10 guilds, so that kinda made it 1000 members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not forget how old GW1 is. It would be ignorant of ANet to put a low limit on guild size, when guild size commonly numbers in the hundreds.

---------- Post added 2012-04-20 at 02:58 PM ----------

Anyways: I went on a big rant in the hypothetical thread. /pant
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-20 at 07:58 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there's some sort of debate for a voice comm...I vote Ventrilo all day everyday. Never had any issues with it, love the layout. Just my opinion.

Anyways, are we planning on meeting up in the Beta a little bit? I know I'd like to have a chance to play with some of the more active guys in the guild.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    I vote Ventrilo all day everyday. Never had any issues with it, love the layout. Just my opinion.
    It's not about having issues. Ventrilo is good at what it does.

Mumble just does it better. Didn't believe otherwise until I actually tried Mumble.

The 27th needs to be here faster! I played the D3 beta for about an hour but it wasn't very exciting. It seems like a high quality game, but the game play is just so meh. There was nothing exciting that happened in the hour I played. Now I'm patching for Tera just because I want to try the combat.

GW2 isn't even out yet and it's already ruining my experience in other games. Where's my dynamic event bosses 10 minutes in to the game?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoriqQC View Post
    Plus what the hell am i the only EU player that responds to these forums/threads?
    not even close to it. the majority is certainly american, but there several europeans here too (me included).

on another note, please refrain from using meme-pics and the like, it's not welcomed by the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by kilcin View Post
    That's alright, I wanted to try Mumble when it came out, but my small guild in WoW had two teamspeak servers, so we never got around to it. I want to support the guild in the best way that I can with the server type that they want, so I made a poll for it here; I'm not renting a teamspeak server, but using a friend's virtual server so I can put whatever program on there that I want. So have at it...
    u r, liek, teh bestest tree in da hole geeld! \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Vanni View Post
    The LoL games last night were fun, if not winning. XD
    yeah, it kinda sucks playing two lvl 30s and two low levels :/
    the matchmaking is very bad, and usually you get people that destroy pretty much any lane, except for the 30s sololane. but we can try again, maybe it'll get better

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I imagine active users on this thread and subforum, and then first come first serve. I don't think the "one post wonders" as they have been so eloquently described will probably get in.
    as Drake already said, i'm preeeetty sure we won't have a problem with member cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    If there's some sort of debate for a voice comm...I vote Ventrilo all day everyday. Never had any issues with it, love the layout. Just my opinion.
    how about you go to the poll that kilcin created? :P
    Anyways, are we planning on meeting up in the Beta a little bit? I know I'd like to have a chance to play with some of the more active guys in the guild.
    we are.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen any guilds use mumble before. When did they start doing that? It's always been either vent or TS for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    The 27th needs to be here faster! I played the D3 beta for about an hour but it wasn't very exciting. It seems like a high quality game, but the game play is just so meh. There was nothing exciting that happened in the hour I played. Now I'm patching for Tera just because I want to try the combat.

GW2 isn't even out yet and it's already ruining my experience in other games. Where's my dynamic event bosses 10 minutes in to the game?!
    D3 does seem fun to me, actually. Even though the beta only goes to level 13, I know I'm going to enjoy it.

But I think I'll mostly play through the story, and then be done with it, despite the playability. Mindless hack-n-slash just doesn't excite me enough to play through millions of times unless I actually play it with friends. Diablo has always been centered around mindless grind.

I mostly look forward to Hell difficulty, however. That's where it'll REALLY be fun. It'll still be a mostly mindless grind, however, so I'm sure I'll get bored of it quickly enough.

---------- Post added 2012-04-20 at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    I've never seen any guilds use mumble before. When did they start doing that? It's always been either vent or TS for me.
    My guild used Vent until partway into Dragon Soul, a month or two before I quit. Every guild until then had used Vent, and I was convinced Teamspeak was essentially dead.

But once we tried Mumble, we fell in love.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-20 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    D3 does seem fun to me, actually. Even though the beta only goes to level 13, I know I'm going to enjoy it.

But I think I'll mostly play through the story, and then be done with it, despite the playability. Mindless hack-n-slash just doesn't excite me enough to play through millions of times unless I actually play it with friends.

I mostly look forward to Hell difficulty, however. That's where it'll REALLY be fun.
    I agree about the story, it's definitely told in a better way than it was in D2, but the combat is the deal breaker for me. Like you said, it's just too mindless.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post

Was going to try D3 but keep getting the error 37, so gotta wait to get in. Not really excited about Tera either, but figure it's there and want to see what it's about.

Thanks Kilcin!! May drop in later this evening when it's quieter around the house.

Oh, and if I could get the TS info that would be great.

Thanks again.