• Sorrow's Furnace

24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zardon3001 View Post
    Not even sure what to say about that honestly...

Sooo when do we think the next BWE will be? My guess 18-20 May, if one happens this month.

Edit: Thought that link was recent
    If there is one this month (and there will be, can you imagine the QQ?) it will be on the last weekend like all the others (25-27th)

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually fairly hilarious.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    If there is one this month (and there will be, can you imagine the QQ?) it will be on the last weekend like all the others (25-27th)
    There would be a lot of QQ if there wasn't one, but they've only said that they will try to have at least one a month. 25-27th is a holiday weekend also, so was thinking they'd rather have it the weekend before.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    This is off-topic since it doesn't belong in this sub-forum, but I wanna share this with my fellow future-guildies who may be interested:

SWTOR Subscribers Decline as EA Profits Soar

If we discuss this at all, though, let's try to keep it civil, eh? :P
    Rough estimates puts that at a 23.5% loss in subscribers.
    Bahahhaa, did they dip below Rift yet? Wouldn't be surprised. I was amazed to find out that not one but TWO of my friends still have active subs to that game and were like "oh shit I need to cancel that" after not having touched it in a good 3 months. That's the equivalent of WoW losing like.... 2 million subs in consecutive quarters. Ouch. How long before they go F2P? I'm guessing... somewhere around GW2 launch.

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 10:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    It's a post from 2011. Bunch of people saying it wouldn't work. xD
    I believe it was also brought up in the One Thread a few times with similar responses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Bahahhaa, did they dip below Rift yet? Wouldn't be surprised. I was amazed to find out that not one but TWO of my friends still have active subs to that game and were like "oh shit I need to cancel that" after not having touched it in a good 3 months. That's the equivalent of WoW losing like.... 2 million subs in consecutive quarters. Ouch. How long before they go F2P? I'm guessing... somewhere around GW2 launch.
    I've believed from the start that this would happen if they didn't use a B2P model. Then I came across GW2 and was like "ooooh, somebody doin it right!"

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 12:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zardon3001 View Post
    There would be a lot of QQ if there wasn't one, but they've only said that they will try to have at least one a month. 25-27th is a holiday weekend also, so was thinking they'd rather have it the weekend before.
    Wait, what?

There's holidays in May? O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account

There's holidays in May? O_o
    Memorial day
    http://www.when-is.com/memorial-day-2012.asp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by archaea View Post
    I have to admit, I'd googled for it. Idgaf about most holidays.

I have to admit, I'd googled for it. Idgaf about most holidays.
    Hah, I only started caring when they became that long awaited day off work after 3 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Lgy...feature=relmfu lolllll elder scrolls mmo. It's not first person, there is no trinity, your weapon defines your abilities, you have a limited action bar, certain class skills can be comboed... hmmmm, what does this game sound like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Lgy...feature=relmfu lolllll elder scrolls mmo. It's not first person, there is no trinity, your weapon defines your abilities, you have a limited action bar, certain class skills can be comboed... hmmmm, what does this game sound like?
    WTF stealing ideas! :O

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny the creators are the ones who made dark age of camelot.

WTF stealing ideas! :O
    In the gaming industry? THIS CAN NOT BE ALLOWED TO STAND!
    WE MUST FIGHT THIS BEFORE IT BECOMES A COMMON OCCURRENCEohwait.

I approached the announcement of that game with caution and skepticism. After reading the full story on it yesterday I went full rage-mode about how terrible this game will be. It's seriously a WoW clone in Tamriel with a few GW2, TOR and Rift ideas sprinkled in. Amazing how disappointing the design of a game can be with so little information released.

10+ Year Old Account
    They also say: there's three factions, and everybody is class-based. Doh!

They also say: there's three factions, and everybody is class-based. Doh!
    Heh the factions really crack me up. Nords, Dunmer and Argonians together............................ wat.

So contrived. It's just one of several things they're doing while adding the excuse "well, the way it SHOULD be won't work in an MMO, so we just tried to apply it like WoW..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh the factions really crack me up. Nords, Dunmer and Argonians together............................ wat.
    Yeah, seriously... Orcs + Bretons, and Khajiit + Altmer is also really freakin weird.

I like the part where they compare the trailer to the trailer for Darksiders 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why the three factions. Two factions was bad enough because it would make the server feel more dead than it actually is, but now the server population will be divided by THREE?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why the three factions. Two factions was bad enough because it would make the server feel more dead than it actually is, but now the server population will be divided by THREE?
    It's obvious that WoW has influenced the industry too much. I really think faction-based MMORPGs need to go the way of the dinosaur. What's next, it will have a subscription?

Yeah, seriously... Orcs + Bretons, and Khajiit + Altmer is also really freakin weird.
    I think the Khajiit could work because they have, at one time or another, been aligned with the elves in that region. The Orcs though, yeah, doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I'm pretty sure Bretons + Redguards doesn't even make sense at that point in lore. I think most people forsee some pretty major lorelol, which will hit even harder than it does for Warcraft, since TES lore is pretty damn integral to the series...

It's obvious that WoW has influenced the industry too much. I really think faction-based MMORPGs need to go the way of the dinosaur. What's next, it will have a subscription?
    Ironically, I think so. Or at least it sounds like that was the plan, I would hope they change that. WoW's success really is a double edged sword, it causes so much stagnation in this genre because no one has the balls to even deviate slightly. Thank you, ArenaNet, you're helping even more than you realize.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-05-08 at 06:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Khajiit could work because they have, at one time or another, been aligned with the elves in that region. The Orcs though, yeah, doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I'm pretty sure Bretons + Redguards doesn't even make sense at that point in lore. I think most people forsee some pretty major lorelol, which will hit even harder than it does for Warcraft, since TES lore is pretty damn integral to the series...
    People were already complaining about the game fucking up the lore since, instead of going thousands of years ahead of the current timeline, they chose to go a thousand years before Skyrim.