And not even by our moderators.
    This is what made me laugh.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    And not even by our moderators.
    And still no infraction, mind you.

10+ Year Old Account
    In other less annoying news, the high flow bracket for my graphics card finally showed up.
    Yay for slightly more flow

(not my pic/thumb)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Oh god......the hrs upon hrs I spent on that game. civ2 Test of Time is still my fav though.
    Ah, test of time. I still have my boxed copy right here. I wonder if it will work on windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Ah, Civ2. I still remember my first strategy game, the original Civilization.

read about that guy that was on the same game for 10 YEARS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    read about that guy that was on the same game for 10 YEARS?
    You mean Starcraft?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You mean Starcraft?
    nope it was Civ2, it was on yahoo news. lemme link it

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...182343243.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you mean the same game of the game. I see.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Only 15 Million people left on the entire planet o_o dear lord I want to know how he finishes that game.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

10+ Year Old Account
    Dammit. My 2TB HD won't arrive till tomorrow. I'm a sad panda.
    Last edited by Vanni; 2012-06-18 at 11:33 PM. Reason: I'm silly.

Deleted

I'll give it a read once I'm done checking what's new on the forum since I left work yesterday. It does sound like news I'd be interested in though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    I'll give it a read once I'm done checking what's new on the forum since I left work yesterday. It does sound like news I'd be interested in though.
    It's very interesting lol.
    I won't spoil anything...but I kinda admire his mad dedication.

Deleted
    It's very interesting lol.
    I won't spoil anything...but I kinda admire his mad dedication.
    Sounds like it'll be a welcome diversion from reading rabid fans of a certain game...

I'm kind of tempted to write "The 10 Commandments of the Game Fanatic", the way I perceive it.

I'm nearing the end of the new post, so should get to reading soon. Ish.

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 09:32 AM ----------

Wow, that's really impressive.

On a positive note, surely vault 13 will open up soon and a single man will end the war accidentally in his search for a functioning water chip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind've annoyed with myself. In the BWE I found a chest piece that has the perfect full-length coat design I want for my Thief. Later on, though, I ended up salvaging it when I replaced it. Wish I'd instead kept it for use with transmutation stones.

I could deal with having different spaulders, gloves, boots, belt, and pants... but the coat I wish I'd kept.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-06-19 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Kind've annoyed with myself. In the BWE I found a chest piece that has the perfect full-length coat design I want for my Thief. Later on, though, I ended up salvaging it when I replaced it. Wish I'd instead kept it for use with transmutation stones.

I could deal with having different spaulders, gloves, boots, belt, and pants... but the coat I wish I'd kept.
    *pats on back*

it's only a beta event

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    *pats on back*

it's only a beta event
    Yes, that's how I've reassured myself so far. Don't plan to make that same mistake on live, and certainly plan to warn my girl against making the same mistake. Save every piece of gear you actually like the look of, even if it means less gold/mats/bag space!

I only wish I could instantly send a piece of gear to my bank, the way I do with mats.

I think I was mostly playing the original settlers and frontier around then. I played civ1 a lot...but yh, civ2 is what clinched the series for me.
    Must get round to trying civ5 at some point...but that's the prob with a new pc.....so many games to try lol. For me the greatest part of civ2 was developing the sci-fi tech after the rocket launch. Super fun beating ppl with tanks with black hole guns n such.
    Civ 2 <3 Civ 5 is quite nice as well, you should definitely try it. I love the hexagonical (spelling?) tiles on it. Makes combat more fun. Also Civ 5 is getting a new expansion I think in 2 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raargh, so I installed my new Hard Drive and it's working fine. But now steam is being stupid and not installing to it. Or my C drive either. Stupid steam. ><

Quote Originally Posted by Vanni View Post
    Raargh, so I installed my new Hard Drive and it's working fine. But now steam is being stupid and not installing to it. Or my C drive either. Stupid steam. ><
    Strange, steam was extremely accepting when I moved the files over to my new HD and told it to install stuff there. Origin gave me huge troubles (had to completely uninstall origin and delete every file and re-install it + the games to the a new HDD) , and Tribes Ascend was being a pain too so I just left it on the old HDD. So now all of my games are on my 'game' HDD except Tribes and GW2 (GW2 is on my SSD, tribes is on the HDD that holds my music/movies/programs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Strange, steam was extremely accepting when I moved the files over to my new HD and told it to install stuff there. Origin gave me huge troubles (had to completely uninstall origin and delete every file and re-install it + the games to the a new HDD) , and Tribes Ascend was being a pain too so I just left it on the old HDD. So now all of my games are on my 'game' HDD except Tribes and GW2 (GW2 is on my SSD, tribes is on the HDD that holds my music/movies/programs)
    Well I know it's not my new HD cause it is giving me the same shit when i try to reinstall it to my C: drive. So I put in a ticket through steam support. Hopefully they'll respond before the end times.