19 19.39%
  • Sorrow's Furnace

24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Want to update my name. Number 33 on the list.

Race: Sylvari
    Class: Ranger
    Name: Zatheyll (yea, I know, very original )

Edit: I also like how only three other people on the main page are going to be rangers so far. xD
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2012-03-04 at 01:36 AM.

This thread is way off topic xD

There really isn't a on topic discussion, think of these posts as if it were a normal guild website all jampacked into a thread.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    There really isn't a on topic discussion, think of these posts as if it were a normal guild website all jampacked into a thread.
    Excellent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Teleportation and time travel, in that case, require complete understanding of the fourth, fifth, and sixth dimensions.

Reading the description of that video:
    The only way to stand still, is to move at the speed of light, which would in essence stop time. Like walking up a escalator that is moving down at the exact same speed would cause you to not move anywhere.

It is also known that moving at the speed of light not only stops time, but will cause you to have zero mass. To us you would no longer "exist", if existing is defined as having physical mass.
    He's referring to standing still in the fourth dimension. So if we could invent technology that allows us to move at the speed of light... then we have "warp" technology like in Star Trek.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-04 at 01:49 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Teleportation and time travel, in that case, require complete understanding of the fourth, fifth, and sixth dimensions.

Reading the description of that video:

He's referring to standing still in the fourth dimension. So if we could invent technology that allows us to move at the speed of light... then we have "warp" technology like in Star Trek.
    I don't think that's what it means. =P

If you use a fourth spatial dimension, which isn't talked about in that video, then you'd have teleportation/instant transportation.

But using this 4,5 and 6 dimensions of time shenanigans, then you'd have teleportation through time. But that's a bit different than what I think of when someone mentions teleporting. =P
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-03-04 at 02:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I don't think that's what it means. =P
    If you're standing still in time, you could travel between two points in the other three dimensions "instantaneously" :P
    That's not what he means exactly, but it's still interesting to think about the applications of such a thing.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

If you're standing still in time, you could travel between two points in the other three dimensions "instantaneously" :P
    That's not what he means exactly, but it's still interesting to think about the applications of such a thing.
    Well, two points in time. Not physical location.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, two points in time. Not physical location.
    Ah. But you're standing still in time. You could still move in the other three dimensions, but everybody not travelling at the speed of light would perceive it as happening instantaneously.

Ah. But you're standing still in time. You could still move in the other three dimensions, but everybody not travelling at the speed of light would perceive it as happening instantaneously.
    Well it's impossible to travel at the speed of light anyway. Let's not get too carried away here. Lol

Count me in, if you want. My main will be a Charr Engineer. Name will likely be the same as my forum name (or some variation thereof), unless they implement a surname feature similar to TOR's legacy name.

As far as the different dimension, I believe Douglas Adams, in Mostly Harmless (part 5 of the Hitchhiker's Guide series), described the 5th dimension as a probability axis, where, in the same coordinates for the first four dimensions, there are different variations of the same thing. Using Earth as an example (in that series), the planet appeared in several shapes, when it was there at all. It even appeared as a string of sausages.

Due to the nature of the sector Earth was in, it seems that things can travel along that probability axis at random times. That seems to be the driving theme of Mostly Harmless.
    Last edited by Dannoson; 2012-03-04 at 02:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's impossible to travel at the speed of light anyway. Let's not get too carried away here. Lol
    http://news.discovery.com/space/warp...ip-engine.html

Just as a bit of a warning, let's keep from turning this into a spammy/chat thread if at all possible. I know there's not too much to talk about right now, but that's just how it goes. Try to at least keep things Guild Wars 2 related. :P

Okay, you've got me there.

But technically the ship isn't actually moving. =P

---------- Post added 2012-03-03 at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dannoson View Post
    Count me in, if you want. My main will be a Charr Engineer. Name will likely be the same as my forum name (or some variation thereof), unless they implement a surname feature similar to TOR's legacy name.

As far as the different dimension, I believe Douglas Adams, in Mostly Harmless (part 5 of the Hitchhiker's Guide series), described the 5th dimension as a probability axis, where, in the same coordinates for the first four dimensions, there are different variations of the same thing. Using Earth as an example (in that series), the planet appeared in several shapes, when it was there at all. It even appeared as a string of sausages.

Due to the nature of the sector Earth was in, it seems that things can travel along that probability axis at random times. That seems to be the driving theme of Mostly Harmless.
    That was my favorite book series. <3

First post!!
    Been lurking for years while i played WoW and Rift, but GW2 has brought me out of my cave!!!

TxMaverick88 - Elementalist - TX Maverick

Havent decided upon a race yet, prolly Asura. Cant wait to play!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TxMaverick88 View Post
    First post!!
    Been lurking for years while i played WoW and Rift, but GW2 has brought me out of my cave!!!

TxMaverick88 - Elementalist - TX Maverick

Havent decided upon a race yet, prolly Asura. Cant wait to play!
    Welcome fresh meat- I mean, newcomer! :P

One of us! One of us!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    Welcome fresh meat- I mean, newcomer! :P

One of us! One of us!
    Don't scare him away! D:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Lookie what I made Allanon

HTML Code:
    [url=http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1088340-MMOC-Guild-Wars-Guild][img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg809/scaled.php?server=809&filename=signaturemmochampions.jpg&res=medium[/img][/url]

HTML Code:
    [url=http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1088340-MMOC-Guild-Wars-Guild][IMG]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg546/scaled.php?server=546&filename=mmochampions2.jpg&res=medium[/IMG][/url]
    Feel free to use them on the front page.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-03-04 at 06:38 AM.

I like the sword in the stone one. Not gonna use any of these sigs though, I'm too hipster.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I went and made my own sig. Even though i made it with Paint, I actually like it...

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog