Thread: [TV] Survivor

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    This season's boring. Not sure if the show is just tired, the people are non-memorable, or if Redemption Island is just showing how detrimental it is again to the show. I think it's a combination of all three.

The problem with RI is that it takes away from precious time that could be spent developing the characters. With RI, we instead waste 20 minutes of our time with characters that are going to be leaving the show, which is an incredibly stupid concept if you think about it, because we could be with characters that we'll be excited to see again next week. The characters don't have personality because they're not given enough airtime to develop personalities. The show has forgotten that the people make it a hit or a miss, not the artificial mechanics they impose.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-11-07 at 08:23 AM.

I agree I've mostly lost my interest in it. The last episode or two I've just been fastforwarding to challenges and tribal counsel.

It's interesting they have gone to more gimmick seasons compared to throwing 16-20 nobodies on the island. They obviously don't think doing that will get good ratings. Last night's ratings aren't out yet but last week despite going against the World Series it still did a respectable 2.3 18-49 with 9 million viewers. Take away the World Series it was near the top of both stats for the night.

15+ Year Old Account
    The gimmick seasons are what kill me. There's really no drama since you kinda know how people will react when you bring them back. Even when they claim to be changing the way they play they rarely do.

I still watch as filler, but I'm not overly interested at all anymore.

Survivor will never die. After the snooze fest that is/was Blood Vs Water Survivor has been renewed for 2 more seasons.

For those interested:

CBS ANNOUNCES FEBRUARY PREMIERE DATES FOR "THE Amazing Race"

AND "SURVIVOR"

11 All-Star Teams Return For Another Chance at $1 Million On "The Amazing Race" Beginning Sunday, Feb. 23, 8:00-9:00 PM

It's Brawn Vs. Brains Vs. Beauty in a Special Two-Hour Season Premiere of "Survivor" Wednesday, Feb. 26, 8:00-10:00 PM

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...rvivor/229477/

The reason it's premiering so late is due to the Olympics. I would imagine you will see 1 or 2 episodes over the season be 2 hour long to fit everything in.

15+ Year Old Account
    New season's going. http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/ Other than the three tribes, doesn't appear to be any major gimmick. No returning players, no redemption island. As usual, there's some shockingly bad play in the first episode.

My early favorite (to have on screen, anyways) is Alexis. Northwestern Psychology student on the Beauty squad, wants to hopefully play like Parvati.

Other people I could root for: Spencer Brains, seems to be a superfan who actually gets the game. Ran cross-country, so not worthless at challenges.
    Sarah Brawn, Why doesn't being a police detective mean you use your brain most? IDK. But she does MMA too.

Had a good laugh at the "Brains" team. Couldn't even win a Puzzle challenge when they had a massive head start.

well tony won. Didn't really like him but he did play a good game. Well probably more accurately when it came to Tony everyone else played terribly. I would have rather spencer won but thems the breaks. It was funny seeing how many people would have voted for woo if he had taken Cas though.

Looks like next season will be another blood v water. Little disappointed in that because I wasn't real impressed with the first one. I would rather have a straight out all stars season