Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    We only have examples of two actual dragons, one who was willing to attack an intruder on his home and the other was trying to sleep. In this universe we have not heard of dragons doing anything wrong. Sure the teenagers were doing some stupid shit, but all teenagers do that.

I will say it again. The red one is no more a monster than when Spike went crazy with hormones. He was trying to sleep in his home, which seems to have been there long before Ponyville existed and he was clearly away for a long period of time. He was only trying to sleep not cloud the town in smoke for one hundred years. If he didn't snore they wouldn't even have noticed him. Just because he knows what being a dragon means, and learning more about himself, doesn't mean he turns into a monster.
    Where do you think the dragons got their hoards from? Dragons aren't social creatures. They don't live in towns, acquire jobs, and work for a living. If they have a hoard it is because they stole it from people. You can't have a humongous mound of treasure that could only be produced by plundering towns and cities and not be an asshole.

I think the one thing I enjoyed seeing was how Twilight's magic has grown. Suddenly she is teleporting herself with easy and porting others around, but she could only do it so many times before she became tired, while it took her a while to just port herself.
    I'm going to second that and say how much I loved that her first attempt at mass teleport while running full speed failed, had to try it a second time, and upon success was exhausted and had to take a moment to regain her breath. It's nice to see it actually takes effort for her to do these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    Good.
    What if spike is actually the son of discord and celestia?
    Bad mental Image! Bad! Take it back UnC! I don't want it!

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    Where do you think the dragons got their hoards from? Dragons aren't social creatures. They don't live in towns, acquire jobs, and work for a living. If they have a hoard it is because they stole it from people. You can't have a humongous mound of treasure that could only be produced by plundering towns and cities and not be an asshole.
    Stealing it from other dragons and finding seem like reasonable other ways they could come across those. Not to mention a lot of their hoard seem to be gems and since most ponies are not adept in finding them they may actually find them themselves from time to time by digging into the mountains and caves, possibly collecting more. Dragons seem to be good at smelling the gems so they could possible search for them on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    Good.
    What if spike is actually the son of discord and celestia?
    I must quote M&M Shamalamadingdong. "What a tweeeest!"

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    I don't like anything that has to do with heritage. The mere aspect of them making an episode centering entirely around it is just absolutely irritating. Although, I have to say, I might be giving it an even worse "score" because of how many times that the Godfuckingdamn Disney movie "Luck of the Irish" played throughout this week.
    Understandable - I've got Irish heritage myself, and it irks the piss out of me to have idiots dye their hair red, dress in green, get drunk and vomit green everywhere because "that's Irish". And that because I've got Irish heritage, that it's supposed to mean something...other than there's insanity in my family (the women on that side of the family tend to either go insane or kill themselves) and creepy pervy stalkers (that's why the two brothers came to Canada - to stalk a girl who was literally running as far away from them as she could!).

I'd rather not be defined in that way.

However, on that level, because my mother was extremely abusive, there's a hell of a lot about life that I simply didn't learn. And her abuses made me reject huge parts of myself (like the fact that I'm bi, have learning disabilities, and have chronic depression/anxiety disorders, and I didn't get help until I literally cracked). So my main insight into this is that Spike is allowing one freaking mishap with some asshole teenager dragons deny his chance at understanding a fundemental part of himself.

I get that he can make different choices than the jerky dragons. I don't accept, however, that denying every aspect of his dragonhood is healthy for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I need to scoot, as this conversation is well above me. See y'all when I get home from work. <3

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Deleted
    MORNAN' PONEHZ!

Hi.

I'm going to second that and say how much I loved that her first attempt at mass teleport while running full speed failed, had to try it a second time, and upon success was exhausted and had to take a moment to regain her breath. It's nice to see it actually takes effort for her to do these things.
    Soon we shall see a Unicorn magic tournament. There are plenty of earth pony and pegasus tournaments, but nothing for the unicorns yet. I bet we see one in season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    Understandable - I've got Irish heritage myself, and it irks the piss out of me to have idiots dye their hair red, dress in green, get drunk and vomit green everywhere because "that's Irish". And that because I've got Irish heritage, that it's supposed to mean something...other than there's insanity in my family (the women on that side of the family tend to either go insane or kill themselves) and creepy pervy stalkers (that's why the two brothers came to Canada - to stalk a girl who was literally running as far away from them as she could!).

I'd rather not be defined in that way.

However, on that level, because my mother was extremely abusive, there's a hell of a lot about life that I simply didn't learn. And her abuses made me reject huge parts of myself (like the fact that I'm bi, have learning disabilities, and have chronic depression/anxiety disorders, and I didn't get help until I literally cracked). So my main insight into this is that Spike is allowing one freaking mishap with some asshole teenager dragons deny his chance at understanding a fundemental part of himself.

I get that he can make different choices than the jerky dragons. I don't accept, however, that denying every aspect of his dragonhood is healthy for him.
    I didn't learn a lot about my heritage, mostly because my mother's side didn't really keep track of that and because I have so many countries in my family past that there is little to no way I would ever be able to find out.

I am literally half of Europe, plus some extras, plus Native American. I only know as far back as 4-6 generations back where one of my grandfather's has too long of a name.

---------- Post added 2012-03-18 at 03:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Well, I need to scoot, as this conversation is well above me. See y'all when I get home from work. <3
    Have "fun" at work Frey.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterfly View Post
    MORNAN' PONEHZ!

Hi.
    Yozzers Shutterfly. How are you today?

Stealing it from other dragons and finding seem like reasonable other ways they could come across those. Not to mention a lot of their hoard seem to be gems and since most ponies are not adept in finding them they may actually find them themselves from time to time by digging into the mountains and caves, possibly collecting more. Dragons seem to be good at smelling the gems so they could possible search for them on their own.

I must quote M&M Shamalamadingdong. "What a tweeeest!"
    Stealing from other dragons just means they are stealing something which is already stolen. Also the loot we've seen in dragon hoards thus far has mostly comprised of jewelry, crowns, tons of gold, and weapons. Weapons likely used in defense by the creatures who they were stealing from. When Rarity walks in to the dragon's cave in Dragonshy she finds enough jewelry to cover herself in one spot beneath her hooves.

10+ Year Old Account
    MORNAN' PONEHZ!

Hi.
    Morning Shutter .
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    welp since my internet is running slower then a dead slug i'ma go re-read a book series i like :3

Deleted
    Yozzers Shutterfly. How are you today?
    fine I guess :3 need to find me a girlfriend, rather fast... sometimes, you have a best friend, and you can talk with her about everything, but some things are still a tabu :3 and the internet shoulder isn't the right one to cry on right now D:

Stealing from other dragons just means they are stealing something which is already stolen. Also the loot we've seen in dragon hoards thus far has mostly comprised of jewelry, crowns, tons of gold, and weapons. Weapons likely used in defense by the creatures who they were stealing from. When Rarity walks in to the dragon's cave in Dragonshy she finds enough jewelry to cover herself in one spot beneath her hooves.
    That is assuming that all of it is stolen. Gems are clearly quite easily available in certain areas and can be gathered by themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyways - starting up my art stream!

Going to be working on Golden Dragon's commission!

http://www.livestream.com/dembai

fine I guess :3 need to find me a girlfriend, rather fast... sometimes, you have a best friend, and you can talk with her about everything, but some things are still a tabu :3 and the internet shoulder isn't the right one to cry on right now D:
    I know the feeling. Me and a pony here were dating for almost half a year and we recently broke up, but you should still go for it if you care for the person enough.

That is assuming that all of it is stolen. Gems are clearly quite easily available in certain areas and can be gathered by themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    the loot we've seen in dragon hoards thus far has mostly comprised of jewelry, crowns, tons of gold, and weapons.
    Just about everything in the hoards seen just far are not something a dragon can acquire legitimately. Gems are the sole thing which can be found freely, but they can be stolen just as easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyssia View Post
    I have returned.
    Welcome back Ely .
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

Deleted
    I know the feeling. Me and a pony here were dating for almost half a year and we recently broke up, but you should still go for it if you care for the person enough.
    she just doesn't love me that way...

I've recently found out that that's the easiest way to die - to love someone who doesn't love you back...

Just about everything in the hoards seen just far are not something a dragon can acquire legitimately. Gems are the sole thing which can be found freely, but they can be stolen just as easily.
    While you do have a point I am going to stop this and say agree to disagree. Not all dragons have hoarding tendencies and not all of them are ass holes, but there are those that do and are those things.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2012-03-18 at 08:02 AM.