10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    by coming to a forum you have to act after the laws of the country the server is in, not the ones from the country you're posting from
    Where are the MMOC servers physically located? Although, I know the US has authority of some sort over all domains that are *.com

Quote Originally Posted by Illunis View Post
    *sticks a sign in the ground*

It reads: -NO FUN ALLOWED-
    * Puts on his Santa hat with a serious expression.

I never have fun.
    [Steam]
    3DS Friend Code: 2509-2629-0987 | NNID: Sanics
    Formerly known as: Sonic Raindoom, Sir W Reginald Armchair, Sir William R Armchair

by coming to a forum you have to act after the laws of the country the server is in, not the ones from the country you're posting from
    The forum rules do not forbid the discussion of drugs, you are misinterpreting the rule.

10+ Year Old Account
    You may be arrested for vagrancy if you do not have at least one dollar bill on your person.
    Crazy Americans...

Quote Originally Posted by Sofii View Post
    I dislike rules like that, because things that are illegal in some places aren't illegal in others. What country should we use as the standard? Can we go with some place where pot is legal?
    I agree. The whole "can't talk about that because that is bad" mentality causes far more problems than it solves. Not just in message boards and forums, but everywhere. Even in RL.

If we can't talk about society's mistakes and flaws, how can we learn from them? We're doomed to repeat them.

The really big one that bugs me is the stigma around mentioning Hitler or the Nazi's. Pretending like it never happened won't undo it. We'll just make the same mistakes.

Of course, context always counts. You don't just suddenly go "So how 'bout them Nazi's?" in the middle of a conversation. It just annoys me that when I'm having a good politcal/psychological debate with my friends that we all have to lower our voices when we hit a touchy subject.

I mean, it's not like Hitler is the new Beetlejuice and comes back if you say his name three times.

That said, I also respect the rules of the forums and don't want to kick up a stink. I just like voicing my opinions on these sorts of things :P

I'm the fun police, you're not allowed to have fun on the moooooooooooooooooooooooon!

10+ Year Old Account

>implying this useless and stupid discussion was fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Those fucking bastards!

Illinois
    You must contact the police before entering the city in an automobile.
    The English language is not to be spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    The forum rules do not forbid the discussion of drugs, you are misinterpreting the rule.
    Either way, it's a controversial subject, so it's gonna get stomped, either here or elsewhere on MMO-champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruomlig View Post
    I'm the fun police, you're not allowed to have fun on the moooooooooooooooooooooooon!
    No, no! Stop it! That is entirely too silly!

In Texas, it is illegal for a cow to moo within one mile of a private property. I really wonder what the consequences for that are.

In Oklahoma, it is illegal to go whaling. Even though you would have to get a very large tank or dig a really big hole and fill it with water, put the whale in there yourself, and then kill it in order to do that.

Also, any Arizonians here ever walked backwards after sunset?
    [Steam]
    3DS Friend Code: 2509-2629-0987 | NNID: Sanics
    Formerly known as: Sonic Raindoom, Sir W Reginald Armchair, Sir William R Armchair

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    they are, since drugs are illegal by law, anything like recommendations could lead to problems with the law if they get overhand, hence why it's forbidden by forum rules

and we should leave that topic now, it's senseless anyway

>implying this useless and stupid discussion was fun
    >Challenging people to question their stance on the governments authority over their personal beliefs and morals.
    >Useless and stupid.

Also, I was:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofii View Post
    Where are the MMOC servers physically located? Although, I know the US has authority of some sort over all domains that are *.com
    Servers are located in the U.S.

Let's just say, if it's generally thought of as an illegal activity, don't talk about it. Drugs, committing crimes, I don't know. We're not gonna get mad if you talk about having an ice cream cone in your pocket, but just use some common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    I agree. The whole "can't talk about that because that is bad" mentality causes far more problems than it solves. Not just in message boards and forums, but everywhere. Even in RL.

If we can't talk about society's mistakes and flaws, how can we learn from them? We're doomed to repeat them.

The really big one that bugs me is the stigma around mentioning Hitler or the Nazi's. Pretending like it never happened won't undo it. We'll just make the same mistakes.

Of course, context always counts. You don't just suddenly go "So how 'bout them Nazi's?" in the middle of a conversation. It just annoys me that when I'm having a good politcal/psychological debate with my friends that we all have to lower our voices when we hit a touchy subject.

I mean, it's not like Hitler is the new Beetlejuice and comes back if you say his name three times.

That said, I also respect the rules of the forums and don't want to kick up a stink. I just like voicing my opinions on these sorts of things :P
    I agree wholeheartedly. I think that saying "you can't talk about that" is really stupid when it's something that you should know, even if it is bad. Isn't talking about Nazis illegal in Germany? Also, Hitler doesn't act like that? *phew* I was refraining from saying his name in quick succession because I was afraid of that. Anyway. Hitler. Hitler. Hitler.
    * Hitler appears in a puff of smoke *

Fuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruomlig View Post
    Pot is easy to obtain, and relatively harmless. Shrooms are also fun. As is Molly.
    Shrooms are fun, but can go wrong. Suffice to say, I don't play around with it.

Pot, on the other hand, is pretty easy to control, harmless (unless you smoke 8 grams and go mountainclimbing) and enjoyable for many.

Edit: Seems like I stumbled into a 'heated' discussion. And it seems to be closing... Damnit...
    Last edited by mmoce7ae13e85c; 2012-03-23 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    I hate mornings...
    * pulls his cloud pillow over his head

Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    No, no! Stop it! That is entirely too silly!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

Let's just say, if it's generally thought of as an illegal activity, don't talk about it. Drugs, committing crimes, I don't know. We're not gonna get mad if you talk about having an ice cream cone in your pocket, but just use some common sense.
    So if I wanted to make a thread on gay marriage in GD I can't? It's still illegal in most states of the US. Political discussions not allowed? D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

What about discussing bullying and physical abuse? Like talking about Casey Heynes? I remember us having a great conversation about him last year. Then we talked about how fucked up rules on bullying are at schools in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Raindoom View Post
    In Texas, it is illegal for a cow to moo within one mile of a private property. I really wonder what the consequences for that are.

In Oklahoma, it is illegal to go whaling. Even though you would have to get a very large tank or dig a really big hole and fill it with water, put the whale in there yourself, and then kill it in order to do that.

Also, any Arizonians here ever walked backwards after sunset?
    I already knew about the Oklahoma one. It's fucking hilarious.