Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Toon Limit per Server

Hey Guys,

Not sure I have seen anything on this yet, I did have a quick search but didn't turn anything up.

Currently there are 10 classes in WoW excluding the addition on Monks. You can currently only have 10 Toons per Server. Not that i am at this cap but i know plenty of my friends that are. I myself have an extra bank toon and hope to some day level all 10 classes to max, and still keep a lowbie bank toon.

Question is does anyone know of any plans to up the limit so to speak of toons allowed per server (yes i know you can role another server but this defeats the purpose).

Thoughts?

as far as i know there are no plans to increase the server cap for toons. which is a doozie. because i now have level 85 gbanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Zeus View Post
    as far as i know there are no plans to increase the server cap for toons. which is a doozie. because i now have level 85 gbanks.
    blizzard have said they would love to remove the server cap but keep the 50 per account cap inplace, they've said so a few times between blizzcon and now, wether it happens or not is anyones guess, but it seems to be on the books

They had said (I don't have a link or quote) that they'd like to keep the 50 toon maximum, but remove the cap per server you could have.
    But there was no definite plans or that they were going to try and accomplish this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently having to invest in a second account because of this cap. They've mentioned leaving the 50 per account cap, but removing the 10 per server limit, so you could effectively have 50 per server. I'd REALLY appreciate them doing this >.> Spending the ~$250 to transfer all of my characters to one account would be so worth it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    i believe the question was asked of Ghostcrawler at Blizzcon, and yes he was the one who said they would like to remove the 10 per server limit
    "Don't eat yellow snow."

Posted by Catastrophe
    Is it truly selfish of me to not want to help someone I don't know at absolutely no benefit to myself?
    Aika kultaa muistot = Time goldens all memories

Hope they having 10 85's on the same server and wanting to level a monk is going to be a drain if I have to do it another server

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm currently having to invest in a second account because of this cap. They've mentioned leaving the 50 per account cap, but removing the 10 per server limit, so you could effectively have 50 per server. I'd REALLY appreciate them doing this >.> Spending the ~$250 to transfer all of my characters to one account would be so worth it for me.
    Agreed. Having two accounts is a pain.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

10+ Year Old Account
    Have 9 on one server now, soon to be 10 when I transfer my paladin over. Beyond that, I'd love to be able to keep everyone on one realm; there are so many benefits to this it would suck to have to leave the one out.

As said by others, Blizzard has said they would like to remove the 10 character realm cap while maintaining the 50 account cap (who has/wants more than 50 toons is beyond me).

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

10+ Year Old Account
    They better do something. Id be fine with them letting me have 50 toons on one server but keeping the cap at 50. I also hope they start selling character slots. 5 bucks per slot?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They better do something. Id be fine with them letting me have 50 toons on one server but keeping the cap at 50. I also hope they start selling character slots. 5 bucks per slot?
    No sane player is going to need more than 50 characters.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynistra View Post
    They had said (I don't have a link or quote) that they'd like to keep the 50 toon maximum, but remove the cap per server you could have.
    But there was no definite plans or that they were going to try and accomplish this.
    Here's a blue post on this topic:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...293?page=7#138

I really hope they will implement this with MoP. I would love to have all classes on one realm, plus a banky ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Beno View Post
    Hey Guys,

Not sure I have seen anything on this yet, I did have a quick search but didn't turn anything up.

Currently there are 10 classes in WoW excluding the addition on Monks. You can currently only have 10 Toons per Server. Not that i am at this cap but i know plenty of my friends that are. I myself have an extra bank toon and hope to some day level all 10 classes to max, and still keep a lowbie bank toon.

Question is does anyone know of any plans to up the limit so to speak of toons allowed per server (yes i know you can role another server but this defeats the purpose).

Thoughts?
    aaaaaaaaaand the word you're looking for is "roll" and not "role" lmfao noob gl getting a job in the private sector if you can't spell. hopefully you're (yes, you're, not your) like 13 yrs old and can recover from your mistake.

Mod Edit: Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-03-01 at 10:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by speakpkhq View Post
    aaaaaaaaaand the word you're looking for is "roll" and not "role" lmfao noob gl getting a job in the private sector if you can't spell. hopefully you're (yes, you're, not your) like 13 yrs old and can recover from your mistake.
    Odd it is then, that his post seems far more eloquent than yours. Maybe it's the use of capitalization and the lack of unnecessary abbreviations? :x

Infracted
    Last edited by Millennía; 2012-03-01 at 03:19 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    this is how blizz can justify it as your probably not the only one who would pay to "combine" your accounts so you only have to pay 1 sub a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Odd it is then, that his post seems far more eloquent than yours. Maybe it's the use of capitalization and the lack of unnecessary abbreviations? :x
    eloquent? lol. and also, please tell me which unnecessary abbreviations i've used in my post. hopefully i won't get infracted for this post since i'm asking a warranted question to a previous post. lol. whatever. and, for the record, my shift keys are broken so capitalization is impossible!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Be kind to him, he just learned a new word today, which was "role".

10+ Year Old Account
    eloquent? lol. and also, please tell me which unnecessary abbreviations i've used in my post. hopefully i won't get infracted for this post since i'm asking a warranted question to a previous post. lol. whatever.
    Yes, eloquent. Well written. Proper communicative conduct.

Unnecessary abbreviations:
    "gl"
    "yrs"
    And to a lesser extent, "lol", but let's not count that one.

and, for the record, my shift keys are broken so capitalization is impossible!
    Sure, I'll believe you. But if I didn't, that one's almost as good as "my little brother posted on my account". C'mon now.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-03-01 at 12:23 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    eloquent? lol. and also, please tell me which unnecessary abbreviations i've used in my post. hopefully i won't get infracted for this post since i'm asking a warranted question to a previous post. lol. whatever. and, for the record, my shift keys are broken so capitalization is impossible!
    Is your 'Caps Lock' key broken as well?