Poll: Would you rather have updated racials or race models?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Would you rather have updated racials or race models?

Personally I would rather have reworked racials more on par with humans/blood elves.

Models are a higher priority for me, but I also don't think one should have to choose between the two. I expect to see racials tweaked now and then. The models are loooooooooong overdue.

skills and models aren't even made by the same people ಠ_ಠ

but if I had to choose one, I'd choose models.

EDIT: on pair with humans/blood elves?

comparing blood elf racials to the human ones is like comparing a water gun to an uzi lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thousandsons View Post
    Personally I would rather have reworked racials more on par with humans/blood elves.
    I don't think many people are happy with the current vanilla models. I don't have a problem with any of the racials, rolling any race hasn't altered my gameplay enough to notice. It's a purely cosmetic choice for me.

Models are not even on my list. Changing them would have zero influence on whether I want to play the game or not (unless they somehow made them worse). I am 100% fine with how they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    skills and models aren't even made by the same people ಠ_ಠ
    Who said they were?

EDIT: on pair with humans/blood elves?

comparing blood elf racials to the human ones is like comparing a water gun to an uzi lol
    I wasn't comparing those two

I don't think many people are happy with the current vanilla models. I don't have a problem with any of the racials, rolling any race hasn't altered my gameplay enough to notice. It's a purely cosmetic choice for me.
    Same, I select my races based on appearance. I know a lot of people who do this as well, one of my friends refuses to play any race other then troll. However I also know a lot of people who will always roll human for every man for himself, or blood elf for arcane torrent, or what ever race gives them the best data mined bonus in pve.

I was excited to roll a goblin/worgen untill I found out that you can not use the old skins, which in my opinion were a lot more badass. I think this makes blizzard a bit skeptical about updating the old models because they know there will a cult of people want there old model back.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=47015/lost-son-of-arugal - Worgen example
    Last edited by Thousandsons; 2012-02-29 at 10:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Models.

Not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, both, they're unrelated design wise. But, if I'm forced to choose, models.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Models. I can count on one hand the amount of times in six-odd years (seven if you include my early foray into Vanilla WoW before picking it back up in BC) racials have made-or-broke my choice in a race, more often than not, my choices fall to aesthetics for the class I'm rolling and the spec I plan to play in. For example, I prefer female dwarves for dual-wielding, female humans for sword-and-board tanking, and female night elves for two-handed fighting. For bows, I prefer female draenei, and male draenei for guns/crossbows. My casters are usually male trolls (male dwarves, nowadays), and my healers are female dwarves. So to me, an updated model would be something I'd get far more enjoyment out of than updated racials (which would be nice, but not something I would notice as soon or as happily as models).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Two different worlds here, they aren't really comparable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Two different worlds here, they aren't really comparable at all.
    Except being the two of the biggest factors on deciding what race to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Models.

Not even close.
    This. Won't even continue to play WoW if the models aren't updated in MoP.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Blizzard's updated racials a few times previously, models for the older races probably are higher ont he list.

I would imagine Racials are quite a bit easier to update as well. Sure, they have to figure out what stuff feels "right" for a race, balance it out a bit and such, but are there really any racials that are so unique they need their own super-amazing coding or anything? Slap a new icon on that sucker and call it a day.
    Plus racials have already been updated many times in the past, even mid-expansion as the need arose, so like I said, it's obviously not that difficult to do.

Models on the other hand would require a ton more work and conceptual ability, and I think consequently are something that would get more support. Sure, racials may dictate the chosen race of the top 10% of players in the game, but the other 90% just wants to have fun while looking cool/sexy/epic, and frankly a lot of the old models simply don't live up to that any more.

So yes, I'd much prefer/expect new models at this point.

Deleted
    Racials. I couldn't care less how i look but i do care how i perform. Having a advantage over your opponent, and sometimes even winning because you happen to play the right race is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by ZehGeek View Post
    Blizzard's updated racials a few times previously, models for the older races probably are higher ont he list.
    I think you misunderstood the question.

They announced the goblin/worgen racials they also stated they planned to update the existing ones, they didn't.

Sure, racials may dictate the chosen race of the top 10% of players in the game, but the other 90% just wants to have fun while looking cool/sexy/epic, and frankly a lot of the old models simply don't live up to that any more.
    What about people who prefer the old skins for worgen and goblins. I doubt they could ever update gnomes enough to make me play one.

Also I think it's a bit more then 10% who roll for OP racials
    Last edited by Thousandsons; 2012-03-01 at 04:18 AM.

There is no chance your question could be understood that way. You might need to rephrase it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thousandsons View Post
    Who said they were?
    Then what's the point of asking this? There is no decision to be made here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'd prefer the models, because even the BC ones have shoulder tearing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I don't know about you, but I much prefer the Blood Elf one. Extra CC as a healer, and an AoE interrupt in-case the dps is bad is SUPER helpful, plus the mana is good.

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 10:28 PM ----------

Oh, Chakra, I like your avatar. >.>
    Last edited by Olianda; 2012-03-01 at 04:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    I actually want to see blood elf racial's tweaked. Since they only have 3 racial since two of them were combined when every one else have at least 3-4.

Also the only reason why bloodelves are the highest played horde race is since they are the most "normal/human/pretty" horde race.

Humans are the most played alliance race since a lot of players default to human if they can't choose a race. I know a lot of players who said thier first race were human since they couldn't choose another race and didn't want to try something out.
    Last edited by Augrelle; 2012-03-01 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There is no chance your question could be understood that way. You might need to rephrase it.
    The question is: Would you rather have updated racials or race models?
    Not: Are racials and models made by the same team?!?

Also mind rephrasing the quote so it makes sense?