Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    throwing insults around is a great way to "make a point". LUL. im offering advice. youre being a dithering idiot. 2 points to me.

oh, and my point is, because you evidently arent... um... interpretive... enough to figure it out... THE ISSUE IS NOT THE FACT THAT YOURE A FEMALE, AND RATHER THE FACT THAT YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO COMMUNICATE IN A RESPECTFUL, SUGGESTIVE, CONSTRUCTIVE MANNER. ill go ahead and reward myself another point. making it 3-0.

Mod Edit: Infracted, cut out the insults and the trolling.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-03-05 at 11:05 AM.

I Cba to read throu every thread, but one thing. Just keep yelling. Normaly you dont need to yell much to get everyones attention. You just need to yell it like you mean it. A loud and fast HEY will work. just loud enough to get your raid to jump alittle inn their chairs when you say i . But reason ive seen people not listening to guys and girls is mainly cuz they talk low. learn retorik and you will easly lead your raid team.

oh dang it. now there are insults being thrown around by two posters, and their gonna lock the thread. sad its been entertaining.

OT still not sexist sorry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
    I did not respond to you because your posts are worthless and I didn't feel it necessary to respond. I know how I speak to people, I'm the one speaking, obviously. I also had several people whisper me after the raid and tell me to ignore the people talking down to me because I didn't do anything wrong. If I do something wrong my husband has no problem telling me and I do the same to him. My post is justified, I don't complain for just any reason and I have proof to back it up so if you could be so kind as to bite me.
    You realise that if you were a dude, nobody would ever whisper to you to make you feel better, and you wouldnt have a husband to stand up for you. You would be ignored, screamed at, called a beta nerd because of your weak voice, and noone would feel bad.

Men go through this. It is what makes one a good raid leader in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    This is what we call arguing for the sake of argument. And nothing else.
    i do love a good debate. especially when im offering advice to some1 that refuses to acknowledge that there could be ANYTHING wrong with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    She knows how to speak, but not how to listen.

Oh god i feel a sexist comment coming up..i better stop it fast.
    I'm listening to everyone and especially you. When another woman on here says something even resembling an agreeance with me you start with your whole sexism routine.

Hey look, its a women who seems to know how my brain works. If i would change that part into something that bashes women, there'd be hundreds of them calling me a sexist. But when a women says these things, she's powerful and independant. You go girl!

Yes yes, if you get called out as a women, clearly all men are harboring some deep seated hate for their mothers and taking it out on you. LMAO. Its like im really at a feminist convention, the most hypocritical bunch of people in the world.
    I never said I agreed with what she said nor did I even respond to her yet you are now arguing with me over what some other woman said.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Yeah unfortunately in this world some men still think women are inferior to them so they don't bother to listen to them it's sad but yeah it's true. Best solution just ignore them all and don't bother raiding with the likes of them again.
    I think that it's less of men thinking they are better and more about the fact that internet brings out the worst in people. Person+Internet=Dick

Deleted
    Sorry about your experience OP, but it's normal since many males still have the outdated thinking that men are better then women. Why? Because they're stupid. However, that said, I don't know exactly what you said and what everyone said(I didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if you said somewhere). If you went something like "you're all a bunch of fucking losers not listening to me", I can understand them not liking you, if you went "why did you stand in the [insert x here], I told you not to" your point still stands.

My suggestion? Get another guild, there are plenty where you'd still have progression yet still not be treated badly because you tell tactics and get angry at people when they do wrong. However also try to see if you were being too angry over nothing. It's a game after all.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2012-03-05 at 10:39 AM.

Change guilds and move on from them.
    Please visit my blog. 5000 + Screenshots of my experience in WoW. Work in Progress. visit it @

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Zeus View Post
    throwing insults around is a great way to "make a point". LUL. im offering advice. youre being a dithering idiot. 2 points to me.

oh, and my point is, because you evidently arent... um... interpretive... enough to figure it out... THE ISSUE IS NOT THE FACT THAT YOURE A FEMALE, AND RATHER THE FACT THAT YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO COMMUNICATE IN A RESPECTFUL, SUGGESTIVE, CONSTRUCTIVE MANNER. ill go ahead and reward myself another point. making it 3-0.
    ex. NOTE in the above statement how i said "youre being" rather than "you are". as in, right now, youre acting like a spoiled child. which does not mean you are a spoiled child, although thats a possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't dismiss anyone, I have read every single post. I don't care if people agree with me or they don't, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this is how I feel. I asked for input and I am getting a lot of it. I didn't say I was correct in the way I handled things but when a man can yell and get everyones attention and when a woman does it she gets called names, somethings wrong. I was being ignored, continuously, so I did what I thought was best to get people to listen so we could continue on to having fun and getting bosses down so we could all log off and do what we needed to get done.
    I didn't say you didn't read our posts, I said that you dismissed them as without merit because they didn't agree with you. You responded to me, outright, that you didn't understand what my point was when I stated your problem was attempting to assert un-recognised authority, because it didn't fit into your narrative.

Okay, so you did what you thought was best. It wasn't the right way to handle the situation. I'd be willing to bet that though a lot of those people joined of their own will, they felt as though they were doing you a favour, because you were the one recruiting. When you yelled at them, they probably felt indignant, like, "How dare she yell at us? We're helping her!" - it's not necessarily a logical response, but it's a common emotional one. Even if they were hoping to get something out of it, too, they weren't the ones who asked others to come along to a raid to get those things. I'd also bet they were completely oblivious to the thought that they should owe you some gratitude for giving them the opportunity to get whatever it was they wanted, which would be fair recognition for your efforts.

I don't think you're a good people manager, but this is a skill anybody can work on. If you're absolutely sure that they're going to treat you differently because you're a woman, there are absolute ways you can use that to your advantage, too. Even a man who doesn't respect a woman as an individual, assertive person feels uncomfortable seeing a woman in distress (not rage, but upset). It's hard-wired into every normal, functional man to feel uncomfortable when women or children are suffering, at a very base level it's the instinct for preservation of the species, and it can manifest in surprising ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarella View Post
    The problem is that the majority of wow players are either a) kids or b) married. How many of them have women on an equal footing? Either they deal with female teachers and their mom "nagging" them. Or they have a wife to do it for them.

Strangely enough their normal interactions involve women emasculating them so because of the anonymity of the internet, they are led to believe they can get some revenge at all wome of the universe to make themselves feel better. Had they the inner strength to treat everyone else as an invidual instead of being unable to treat the others as anything more than an aggressive outlet, then perhaps it might not occur.

But heh, I'm never amazed playing on us servers how the american attitude is pretty much stereotypical redneck 24/7 it's just the way it is in a country which is so new and still acting like victorian england in it's ethics.
    What a load of pseudo-intellectualist piffle. This demonstrates a contemptible attitude to any convention of psychology or sociology; underestimating the intellect of others and seeing them as less human than yourself. Don't reduce people to stereotypes or cardboard cut-outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Zeus View Post

I'm sorry, are you coming off or acting any better then you think I was? Oh, and before you say "I"m acting like you were to see how you like it." Don't, I know all the tricks and I'm not buying. I'm not responding to you any further nor Kang, please feel free to shove off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Sorry about your experience OP, but it's normal since many males still have the outdated thinking that men are better then women. Why? Because they're stupid.

My suggestion? Get another guild, there are plenty where you'd still have progression yet still not be treated badly because you tell tactics and get angry at people when they do wrong.
    I was wondering when you'd surface, old hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkhet View Post
    See, OP? That's exactly what I'm talking about! =)
    He cracks a joke and he is a sexist neanderthal.. Riiiiight..

We dont know ANYTHING about the situation at hand, maybe you are one of the frightened self righteos girls that doesnt speak very loud, maybe it is by accident they didnt notice..

The incident you explains sounds like you were goofing around alot meaning shit like this happens.. How about you stop generalizing and basicly calling all men out as woman haters because they didnt listen to you twice in a raid..

I can do this aswell:

I was doing a raid with my guild in vanilla ( we had like 4-5 girls in the raid.. Yes that is alot) and the raidleader explained stuff a million times people still didnt listen and we wiped.. HOW COME ALL MEN DONT LISTEN TO OTHER MEN TILL WE SHOUT!? and When we shout we are a tyrannical assholes...

The incident you explain tells us nothing about how your guild sees you, you might be a queen bitch, alot of them are because they get special attention from horny geeks.
    This is just plain flamebaiting from the op here, she is just oozing generalizions about men and flame baiting a sexist hate war..

And then to top it off a guy cracks wise because he OBVIOUSLY saw the same thing i am seeing and then he is a sexist neanderthal..

This forum just deteriorates on a daily basis..

Deleted
    When I was younger, I would say about 11 or 12 I would use that line all the time when arguing with someone "1 point for me."

"I know how I speak to people, I'm the one speaking, obviously. I also had several people whisper me after the raid and tell me to ignore the people talking down to me because I didn't do anything wrong. If I do something wrong my husband has no problem telling me and I do the same to him. My post is justified, I don't complain for just any reason and I have proof to back it up so if you could be so kind as to bite me."
    From everything you've said, all i can see is an emotional butt-hurt whiny little girl who takes it personally when her guildies are having a laugh during a previous-content farm-raid, and not only that, who sees it as an attack on her entire gender (because surely she's not doing anything wrong herself), and who then makes threads on forums looking for confirmation that she did nothing wrong.

Grow up, stop being so emo and taking everything so personal, refrain from raidleading because you clearly can't handle it, and try to remember it's just a game and to have fun.

Maybe its a case of the group being random pug nobodies, and not them all being macho meatheads that have no respect for women
    She said the raid was full of guildmates, however I agree with you that they are probably not people with no respect for women as much as unpolite people who don't know how to behave in a mature raid, they have been irrespectful both toward the OP (that was tasked with explaining) and the people who didn't know tactics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Deleted
    Bit late, but I'll say it anyway. Your guild fucking sucks, it sounds like you're raiding with a load of losers. I would quit before they drive you crazy.

Deleted
    I'm listening to everyone and especially you. When another woman on here says something even resembling an agreeance with me you start with your whole sexism routine.
    No no no. My whole point is that it ISNT sexism. Wtf?

I never said I agreed with what she said nor did I even respond to her yet you are now arguing with me over what some other woman said.
    Also wut? I didnt even quote you or mention you at all there. I dont think you're near as bad as that poster lol.

I just want you to realise it most likely isnt a sexism issue. I think you would also feel better at that, and that it would show you what you can change or improve on. But you just dont really listen and assume im a woman hating troll or something. Which is not totally not true. I have a lot of girls on my friendlist (maybe 80% ..) I just dont act to them any differently than against a guy. If they screw up, they will know. And they respect me all the more for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    Bit late, but I'll say it anyway. Your guild fucking sucks, it sounds like you're raiding with a load of losers. I would quit before they drive you crazy.
    Yeah quit the guild because they were having fun.. You people are such a bunch of drama queens.. God forbid people actually make raiding a fun experience instead of sitting there in tense silence staring at their avatars..

I'm sorry, are you coming off or acting any better then you think I was? Oh, and before you say "I"m acting like you were to see how you like it." Don't, I know all the tricks and I'm not buying. I'm not responding to you any further nor Kang, please feel free to shove off.
    lmao. how am i acting? im explaining that you NEED TO LEARN TO COMMUNICATE. thats it. im not "acting like you were". if i was id say "MEN SUCK, WOMEN ARE AWESOME, I SHOULD BE IN AN ALL FEMALE GUILD, THEY SHOUDL GIVE ME GM, AND HOLY SHIT THEY DAMN WELL BETTER LISTEN TO EVERYTHING I HAVE TO SAY".

"please feel free to shove off"

when will you learn to communicate. holy crap.