I was gonna bring up the DBZ similarity too lol.

Deleted
    Yeah the similarity was pretty obvious, bit of a boring chapter though in the end it's chatter that we have heard before and could be avoided.

Ended nicely I guess, also the girls letter is E, 5th strongest of the Stern Ritters (Ishida not included).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Because nothing in any anime/manga is ever copied from another, right? >_> Besides, it's not Snake Way, it's Snake Stairs!

It's literally just a basic plot thing to squeeze some more from other characters first while also making the readers/viewers aware that what they've been waiting for is close.
    Never said it wasn't. The main hero arriving late is fairly common in Shounen. This one just happened to seem more similar than most.

So, did half of Shinji's upper body just disappear, or is that just an explosion right in front of his body that is blocking out half.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    So, did half of Shinji's upper body just disappear, or is that just an explosion right in front of his body that is blocking out half.
    I thought it was like a huge arrow fucked him up but we don't get to see the end so...It'd suck if Shinji randomly lost an arm for no reason.

Not to mention bitch just randomly stopped being affected by Shinji's Shikai. It's not like Aizen where he super-Einstein-IQed that shit.

Probably blasts him back, won't injure him deadly. Yet. He hasn't shown him Bankai so yeah.

She probably is stronger then his shikai, also; who needs a sense of direction when you can make explosions everywhere?

Makes me kinda wonder; What exactly will Shinji's Bankai do?
    Usually Shikai and Bankai are alike, so right now it is all about inverting senses. Left is right, right is left, back and front, etc. Even words are inverted.
    How can they tip that? Use of the body? "I swing my right arm, but my left arm is actually swinging" perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Probably blasts him back, won't injure him deadly. Yet. He hasn't shown him Bankai so yeah.

She probably is stronger then his shikai, also; who needs a sense of direction when you can make explosions everywhere?

Makes me kinda wonder; What exactly will Shinji's Bankai do?
    Usually Shikai and Bankai are alike, so right now it is all about inverting senses. Left is right, right is left, back and front, etc. Even words are inverted.
    How can they tip that? Use of the body? "I swing my right arm, but my left arm is actually swinging" perhaps?
    They attack themselves!

Only thing I disliked was the way he described the pole as being unavalible "we cant just have you use the pole whenever" ...kinda weak sauce.
    Now if he had said something like "You cant use the pole atm, as it would open up a direct path from soul society to soul palace" then i would have bought it.

Usually Shikai and Bankai are alike
    Not really. Soi Fon's bankai went from ultra assassin quick 2 hits and you die thing to "lol it's a rocket launcher."

If it is something similar then maybe it's like. Some super huge circular handle swords that just spreads poison over a whole area so that even objects are backward or some crazy fucking thing. It's kind of hard to get much better than what Shinji's shikai already does.

Btw can't Shinji put his mask on and put some hollow power in his attacks and just own this bitch already.

And about the spring jump or whatever the fuck it was they said about getting to Soul Society. Eh. Maybe it's on cooldown. Or,,,it's just. Idk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Not really. Soi Fon's bankai went from ultra assassin quick 2 hits and you die thing to "lol it's a rocket launcher."
    No, he is right. Shikai and Bankai follow a "theme". Soi Fons is "Kill in two hits" (Shikai) and "Kill in one hit" (Bankai). I agree though, that the style chosen for her Bankai is weird, to say the least.
    As for Shinjis Bankai, i have no idea how to expand upon his Shikai. He mentioned something like "Welcome to the inverted world" a few times, maybe his Bankai actually creates a separate space where literally everything is inverted?

I was thinking of how Tosen's bankai created an area where he controlled people's senses but lol Shinji basically does that already as long as his smell-stuff is in the area so...kind of pointless.

If it is something similar then maybe it's like. Some super huge circular handle swords that just spreads poison over a whole area so that even objects are backward or some crazy fucking thing. It's kind of hard to get much better than what Shinji's shikai already does.

Btw can't Shinji put his mask on and put some hollow power in his attacks and just own this bitch already.

And about the spring jump or whatever the fuck it was they said about getting to Soul Society. Eh. Maybe it's on cooldown. Or,,,it's just. Idk.
    But who said her Shikai is assassin style? Yeah it's a quick double tap and your dead but that is the style. If she was the first Kenpachi then everybody would have said that her Shikai would be a quick dead, no?
    So yeah, Shikai/Bankai follow the same path. In this case; quick dead.

As for the hollow mask, every Bankai has a small portion of Hollow Reiatsu in them now, i doubt they will do extra damage directly, even tho Hollow Reiatsu is as poison to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    No, he is right. Shikai and Bankai follow a "theme". Soi Fons is "Kill in two hits" (Shikai) and "Kill in one hit" (Bankai). I agree though, that the style chosen for her Bankai is weird, to say the least.
    As for Shinjis Bankai, i have no idea how to expand upon his Shikai. He mentioned something like "Welcome to the inverted world" a few times, maybe his Bankai actually creates a separate space where literally everything is inverted?
    But, everything in range of his Shikai "gas" is already inverted, or atleast the sense is, so he already has a "space" were it is inverted.
    A whole inverted world, hmm... See a building to the right, while it's actually to the left. Could give a suprise but i don't know...
    His Shikai reverses vision and direction so i am still going with control of the whole body. A whole world would be a bit too much i guess.

I was thinking of how Tosen's bankai created an area where he controlled people's senses but lol Shinji basically does that already as long as his smell-stuff is in the area so...kind of pointless.
    Actually Tosen took away the senses, he does not control them.

Deleted
    But, everything in range of his Shikai "gas" is already inverted, or atleast the sense is, so he already has a "space" were it is inverted.
    A whole inverted world, hmm... See a building to the right, while it's actually to the left. Could give a suprise but i don't know...
    His Shikai reverses vision and direction so i am still going with control of the whole body. A whole world would be a bit too much i guess.
    Exactly, its already pretty hax, so its hard to imagine how it could go further, without changing the fundamentals. I cant think of anything decent, i hope Kubo can deliver

Deleted
    Would it be too hax if he could make false mental images of him and confusing his opponent ever more? Or would that be too close to what Aizen could do with his hypnosis?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post
    Would it be too hax if he could make false mental images of him and confusing his opponent ever more? Or would that be too close to what Aizen could do with his hypnosis?
    I think it would be too close, yes.
    How about in addition to directions being inversed, time will also be thrown out of synch? Could go either way, forward or backwards, like you just stand there and suddenly you receive a deep cut on your arm, while you are still confused at what just happend, your opponent slashes you and causes the cut from earlier. Or the other way around, you exchange blows but nothing happens, overconfident you now charge ahead but suddenly dozens of injuries appear and render you unable to move.

Like a short vision of what is about to happen? I like the idea of "get cutted before it happens" more, but i think that will not suit him. It's more for Shunsui if you ask me. Some tricky mind game while he is being all innocent "I didn't cut you".

Haaaah, hurry up Kubo, TELL ME ALL THE BANKAIS, I NEED TO KNOW. I BEG OF YOU T_T

Wait wait.

If Ichigo is part Quincy why didn't he die when Juha Bach sucked up everyone else (except Uryu) again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    I think it would be too close, yes.
    How about in addition to directions being inversed, time will also be thrown out of synch? Could go either way, forward or backwards, like you just stand there and suddenly you receive a deep cut on your arm, while you are still confused at what just happend, your opponent slashes you and causes the cut from earlier. Or the other way around, you exchange blows but nothing happens, overconfident you now charge ahead but suddenly dozens of injuries appear and render you unable to move.
    I really like the latter suggestion. That might be cool. But we also have to concider the fact that he might not even make it through the blast that happened. Although, he wouldn't be worthy of the Captain-title if he would drop dead so easily. And I hope he just didn't lose an arm or something similar...

Wait wait.

If Ichigo is part Quincy why didn't he die when Juha Bach sucked up everyone else (except Uryu) again?
    Well. As you might remember Ichigo's mom was indeed a Quincy and Old man Zangetsu was "Juha Bach". By the time Ichigo was born, his Quincy side was "asleep" so to speak. The moment the Jailer imprisoned Ichigo, his Quincy side awakened after he broke out of the Reiatsu cage. That is why.

Deleted
    there have been theories that Shinji does stuff "inverted" or "backwards" and that his shikai is actually his bankai.. but idk about that.
    He is not down for the count without showing his bankai. This is the final battle (as far as we know) and there would be no point in taking out a character without showing their all.

Unless we get a real curveball and this is the prelude to fighting hell (we see the gate at the start of the manga when Ichigo activates his powers). We havent heard much about hell after that.

Are the Quincy confirmed as last enemies?

Heh, Shikai=Bankai and Bankai=Shikai. Would be funny. I will now do my Shikai, which is weaker but doesn't matter!
    Doubt it will work like that tho. All we know is that he does have inverted/backwards/sense or mind screwing.

It's the final arc/battle/whatever you wanna call it. After this, the story of Bleach is done. But i recall reading somewhere that Kubo might make a new serie. Not sure tho.
    But yeah, Quincy are "confirmed" to be the last enemy.

They have actually been in Hell already. Was in movie 4.