Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Maybe poor decisions and recklessness, but nothing illegal if his account checks out.
    if instigating a confrontation while armed isn't a crime, it damned well should be. responsible behavior should absolutely be expected from somebody carrying around a firearm. don't want that level of accountability, don't carry a gun

Deleted
    So he has blood on his head? Just shows there was a struggle. Trayvon had a right to stand his ground if he felt threatened... But I guess that's the way it is. Dead men can't speak. Zimmerman did a good job with that, even if everything that happened was a direct result of his own actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    if instigating a confrontation while armed isn't a crime, it damned well should be. responsible behavior should absolutely be expected from somebody carrying around a firearm. don't want that level of accountability, don't carry a gun
    If he had the gun pulled out and was waving it in the guy's face then I would probably agree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    If he had the gun pulled out and was waving it in the guy's face then I would probably agree with you.
    guy 1: you're a pussy and i don't like your face

guy 2: what?!?

guy 1: haha, i'm scared, lololol (bang)

it's easy to start shit when you're packing heat, and even easier to finish the job. i know i have a temper at times, and that is why i do not own a gun, or want to. fact is, not everybody should have a gun, and a higher level of accountability should logically come with the gun

You can assume the prosecutor saw this before filing charges, so clearly they have some reason to think its not a big problem for them.
    I am very curious what the prosecution has up their sleeve.

Surely they remember the Duke lacrosse case, and how the lead prosecutor Mike Nifong was stripped of his law license, sued into oblivion, and nationally humiliated.

I don't know, they need to be careful. There is a big difference between seeking justice and illegal prosecution.

Like i said, you guys are believing what the media, al and jesse have told you. Why would you believe them after they were caught lying about this case multiple times?

Meanwhile the people with the real evidence (you wont seen until after the trial) are being called liars.

Exactly the type of people these people target, dumb and reactionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Riidii View Post
    I am very curious what the prosecution has up their sleeve.

Surely they remember the Duke lacrosse case, and how the lead prosecutor Mike Nifong was stripped of his law license, sued into oblivion, and nationally humiliated.

I don't know, they need to be careful. There is a big difference between seeking justice and illegal prosecution.
    Nifong lost his job and license for blatant misconduct. Pretty different case.

Nifong lost his job and license for blatant misconduct. Pretty different case.
    I could see this case going there.

10+ Year Old Account

it's easy to start shit when you're packing heat, and even easier to finish the job. i know i have a temper at times, and that is why i do not own a gun, or want to. fact is, not everybody should have a gun, and a higher level of accountability should logically come with the gun
    Or maybe just don't physically touch other people?
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Like i said, you guys are believing what the media, al and jesse have told you. Why would you believe them after they were caught lying about this case multiple times?

Meanwhile the people with the real evidence (you wont seen until after the trial) are being called liars.

You are believing what the media says as well (considering you wouldn't know anything about this case without the evil media), but you're calling everybody who believes the media dumb and reactionary.

I guess I'm cool with that.

Because making claims like this are even remotely close to what happened. Also don't claim because you have a temper is the reason you don't have a gun. You either A) can't afford it or B) you're not old enough or C) you have no desire to own one. Using "I have rage" isn't an excuse.

Like I said in one of the first pages. You have a 17 year old wanna be gangbanger/drug dealer (this was proven by his friends and their actions) who tried to get tough with somebody because he thought he could (see a friend making a comment about him taking a swing at a bus driver.) He got tough with the wrong guy and was carried away in a body bag.

The only person you can blame here is Trayvon Martin. Don't try to act all "THUG LIFE" and you will still you have your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    Because making claims like this are even remotely close to what happened. Also don't claim because you have a temper is the reason you don't have a gun. You either A) can't afford it or B) you're not old enough or C) you have no desire to own one. Using "I have rage" isn't an excuse.

Like I said in one of the first pages. You have a 17 year old wanna be gangbanger/drug dealer (this was proven by his friends and their actions) who tried to get tough with somebody because he thought he could (see a friend making a comment about him taking a swing at a bus driver.) He got tough with the wrong guy and was carried away in a body bag.

The only person you can blame here is Trayvon Martin. Don't try to act all "THUG LIFE" and you will still you have your life.

It was a lack of communication on both parts. Personally, even though I believe Zimmerman was justified (if his account is what really happened) he still bears some responsibility for what happened, though maybe not on a criminal level.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

You are believing what the media says as well (considering you wouldn't know anything about this case without the evil media), but you're calling everybody who believes the media dumb and reactionary.

EDIT: Then I saw this post and it all made sense:

If you break in my house i can do whatever i want to you. If you got a problem then dont break in.

Id shoot the guy and let him bleed out in the bathtub. Dont really want him alive or he will come back.

Zimmerman will end up rightfully getting off and the case may not even go to trial it is so preposterous. Zimmerman with a gash on his head, a great lawyer and a terribly incompetent prosecution team = acquittal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Zimmerman will end up rightfully getting off and the case may not even go to trial it is so preposterous. Zimmerman with a gash on his head, a great lawyer and a terribly incompetent prosecution team = acquittal.
    Probably why the prosecution team is so bad, the good lawyers in the DA's office don't wanna get their reputations tarnished.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the dumbest things I've read on these forums. There are literally thousands of things that people want to do/try but don't trust themselves to do it. It's called being self-aware and responsible.

Hearsay, guilt by association, and circumstantial evidence, along with a healthy does of spin.

Like I mentioned above, this is just as bad as somebody who is crying racism. You've got the case already decided when you don't know the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by BLCalliente View Post

Nice try, i hope you didnt hurt yourself thinking too hard.

Im believing the police who have the actual evidence who let him walk.

Quote Originally Posted by BLCalliente View Post
    One of the dumbest things I've read on these forums. There are literally thousands of things that people want to do/try but don't trust themselves to do it. It's called being self-aware and responsible.

Hearsay, guilt by association, and circumstantial evidence, along with a healthy does of spin.

Like I mentioned above, this is just as bad as somebody who is crying racism. You've got the case already decided when you don't know the facts.

I don't drive for Formula One because I just don't have the time. It has nothing to do with the fact of they have bigger balls than me and better driving skills than me. I just don't don't have the time in my busy day. See what I did there....

As for your second reply, it's clear you haven't read his twitter account or looked at any of his facebook pictures. I will let you go and read them then read what I said.

You make think it's as bad as crying racism but it's a fact. Blacks kill other blacks because they want to act tough and all "Thug life." I looked at the facts and made up my mind. Unlike others I didn't fall for a 5 year old picture of a little black kid. I knew there was more to the story and guess what how I said it probably happened looks like it did happen.

You make think it's as bad as crying racism but it's a fact. Blacks kill other blacks because they want to act tough and all "Thug life."
    So you're saying black people are inherently more violent?

So you're saying black people are inherently more violent?
    The culture is inherently more violent.