Quote Originally Posted by mkai View Post
    I just wanna give a Point of View from a Swiss Man, because I cant believe that something like that actually happens.

First of all, sure Switzerland is nothing like most parts of America but nevertheless... In Switzerland if you would see a 17 Year old Boy at the darkest night you would never assume that he is armed. Maybe you would be frightened, maybe you are worried about your well-being. But you would never shoot him! You would call the police and try to avoid direct contact if you are concerned that he could be a burglar. Why would you chase a person you are afraid of carrying a weapon if you are not the police?

And if you were that stupid, to shoot anyone because of selfdefense and there is no weapon on the other side... you are in trouble i can tell. Even if there IS a weapon and he didnt fire a single bullet you are in trouble. If you get beaten and you shoot that person, you are in trouble too and you know what? That is right! You are not allowed to kill anyone, never. And if you dont know it any better, shoot him in the leg... not the chest!

In my opinion the americans biggest problem is this passiv aggression against everyone and the radical charakter. Okay the half-heartedness of swiss people is mostly not the best thing too, especially when it comes to medical frist aid that lacks alot. But im sure, the fact that Weapons are not that common helps alot too round here. The biggest fear that comes in mind at night when you see a stranger that looks at you in a dubious way is that he could rob you. Not fucking kill you. Hell.

Please keep in mind, that I dont judge americans in general because of such happenings! And i am aware that Switzerland is not like Florida, but man... those people got weapons should chill the fuck out. You dont have too shot someone just because he is a threat, avoid him and call the police. Dont try to be a hero or more like a psycho in this case...

(English is not my nativ language, sorry for the grammer! I hope you can follow tho!)
    Idd when you assume noone is armed then suddenly everything becomes a little safer...

I find it sad he claims it was self-defense when it was a 17 yr old involved. He was probably the type who got beat up in school and felt the need to use a gun to prove something.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    All the neo-nazi basement dwellers on the internet are really happy his father is Jewish. It gives them another reason to spread their hatred.
    People have enough reasons to hate Zimmerman without the information that his farther is Jewish......

Deleted
    Interesting read on the situation from other side of the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by shitngiggles View Post
    Interesting read on the situation from other side of the fence.
    Interesting? I skimmed it (that was impossible to read without vomiting) and it was some neo-nazi spouting rascist filth.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT guilty until proven innocent. Obviously we know more than the professionals in the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    ITT guilty until proven innocent. Obviously we know more than the professionals in the area.
    I don't think its wrong to assume guilt when it is confessed/recorded and there is evidence supporting the confession. Guilty of what? The man is guilty of pursuing the boy. The pursuit instigated a conflict which ended in a child's death. That does not necessarily imply that a murder took place, but a killing certainly did and it would not have had the man not chosen to create a conflict. Unless the man has no soundness of mind at all, I don't see him denying that he took a life.

I am not against guns, or self defense. Unfortunately, this shines a very poor light on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collier_Heights
    Mostly black, middleclass neighbourhood. Your racism is only surpassed by your ignorance.
    Oh somehow mostly now = all, boy you are...

and thanks for bringing this racist community to our attention - we need to take it down. Should we start a website or do a town hall meeting? maybe riot a little? this injustice should not go unnoticed.

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 04:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post

Although I don't agree with a lot of the conclusions here, look at what this site has put together regarding Trayvon being an 'angel' -> http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-lineh...-a-drug-dealer
    Hmm, why are we seeing pictures of him when hes a kid and not the young man he was when he died. Just think about that for one sec.
    Last edited by whyusocrazy; 2012-03-26 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ironically the boy was shot for being presumed guilty. Crazy world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    They also took Zimmerman at his word that he had a clean record. And
    He does. Guess you don't know what acquitted means. Google it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Ironically the boy was shot for being presumed guilty. Crazy world we live in.
    Because you were there and saw how it went down right? Some new witness accounts that are emerging indicate that Zimmerman was getting the crap beat out of him when he pulled the weapon. I'm not saying that's what happened, but media portrayal on this incident has been extremely one-sided against Zimmerman.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by whyusocrazy View Post
    He does. Guess you don't know what acquitted means. Google it!
    How the heck don't we have the two option Scottish courts have so the double jeopardy rule doesn't let criminals roam free?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsurgeon View Post
    I don't think its wrong to assume guilt when it is confessed/recorded and there is evidence supporting the confession. Guilty of what? The man is guilty of pursuing the boy. The pursuit instigated a conflict which ended in a child's death. That does not necessarily imply that a murder took place, but a killing certainly did and it would not have had the man not chosen to create a conflict. Unless the man has no soundness of mind at all, I don't see him denying that he took a life.

I am not against guns, or self defense. Unfortunately, this shines a very poor light on both.
    He was in the neighborhood watch, it's kind of their "mission" or whatever to keep an eye on suspected criminals, he may have instigated the conflict, or maybe Martin did, but none of us know one way or the other yet people still automatically get the idea in their heads that the guy attacked the kid and then shot him. Who knows? Maybe he did, my point is that people are just so quick to assume that he is guilty of murder without knowing the whole story. We have a legal system for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Are these the people that were corrected by the cop that didn't follow police procedure? Or the screams for help that were heard on the phone calls that suddenly ended after a gunshot? I guess Zimmerman could have been yelling until he killed the youth then was all "It's okay now."

My favorite part is how the man who signed this "Stand Your Ground" legislation into law even said that it should not apply to this case. The second Zimmerman went after Treyvon all self-defense arguments were null and void.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...pWS_story.html
    I would agree if you could prove Zimmerman went after the kid. However, getting out of your car and walking somebody down does not constitute a fight. We can't be sure what happened. I would error on the side of safety take the guy (zimmerman) into custody and let him have his day in court. I suspect it won't be long before the police bend to the pressure put on by the racist left.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Because you were there and saw how it went down right? Some new witness accounts that are emerging indicate that Zimmerman was getting the crap beat out of him when he pulled the weapon. I'm not saying that's what happened, but media portrayal on this incident has been extremely one-sided against Zimmerman.
    Zimmerman was doing okay until he decided to disregard the police's advice and chase him

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Zimmerman was doing okay until he decided to disregard the police's advice and chase him
    Not listening to the police does not equal murder... Are you implying it does?

10+ Year Old Account
    He is well within his rights to follow someone, what followed afterwards is the issue. Like I said, he very well could have accosted the kid and instigated the conflict, but we don't know what happened, and yet here we are condemning the guy of murder and activists tweeting the guy's home address.

911 operators aren't police.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    911 operators aren't police.
    I don't think that argument holds water. When a dispatcher gives you instructions, you listen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I don't think that argument holds water. When a dispatcher gives you instructions, you listen.
    Public safety workers aren't infallible demi-gods, my house and 3 or 4 more houses in my neighborhood would've burned down if my dad and 2 uncles had listened to the forestry firefighters and not snuck in.