10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    are we really doing this again
    Do you ever do anything but whine
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    no way, wr is easy as a void, doom. storm is harder than those 3 combined. skill spirit actually requires skill to be to be good, not every1 can be sumail/cty. but anyone can be "w33ha" wr.

Storm is one of the highest skill celling hero of the game, easy to play but hard to master. unlike wr doom and void, easy heroes to play and master.
    WR is terrible at farming. Storm is god tier at farming. WR is fairly easy to gank, Storm is impossible to gank. WR needs minimum 3 core items to start shredding people in team fights, Storm can be literally naked.

Gold wins wars, WR is terrible at getting gold. BKB also cripples her growth, and it's very easy to force her to buy it. If she goes blink, including boots, she now has half her inventory dedicated to 0 damage. Aghs also gives 0 damage. Now she has spent over 10k gold, 4 of her 6 slots, and still does not have a single damage item. Buy a talisman for 1800g and force her to go MKB before she goes daedalus, she will finally have some damage but it won't be that amazing for a 5 slotted carry.

Better yet, get an HH on your team. This forces her to go BKB for the disarm AND MKB for the evasion, all in one item that is generally a pretty good item anyway.

Having played my fair share of carry WR over the past 5 or 6 years (we were doing this shit in dota1 long before she even had an aghs upgrade), and having lost as a 6 slotted alchemist in 30 minutes against a WR with nothing but aghs daedalus, I think I have enough experience to say that she is indeed pretty easy to play, but her farm is terrible compared to other carrys, her ganks are terrible, her team fighting is terrible, she is really just a master of pickoffs and duels and if you simply don't feed her she isn't that scary. Every time I have lost to a carry WR it's because she was 16-0 in 25 minutes, not because the hero itself is OP. That's very different from storm or void, who can start the game 0-6 and come back because of the insane utility they have inherently. Usually if WR gets behind she is 100% fucked for the rest of the game.

I would like to see her ult get a bit of a nerf, but I still think she's a niche pick, especially in the era of high armor high mobility heroes like Slard who can just tank her and rip her to shreds after her evasion wears off.

I actually didn't want to jump into this argument, but I just can't sit idly by while someone compares any hero in the game to skill spirit as if they aren't worlds apart. God bless 6.85 the nerf Storm deserved years ago.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-11-07 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Do you ever do anything but whine
    do you ever make a good post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    do you ever make a good post
    I'm just doing my best to learn from you, Obi-wan
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Not that it is really important, but having just came back to dota 2 after not playing since a bit before summer, this new UI is really off putting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

They earned points by going from 90% of the opening interface of the client being packed with ads and scaling it down to only 75% of the opening interface of the client being packed with ads.

Obi-Long, may the force be with View.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Not that it is really important, but having just came back to dota 2 after not playing since a bit before summer, this new UI is really off putting.
    Yeah, I had a lot of trouble with it at first. I haven't played in months, I'll probably have forgotten where everything is by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    her ganks are terrible
    u wot.

also pick offs are what matters in pubs, ur carry buyback, goes like a tard and farm. get blink into shackle and dies in 2 second, game's lost.

also she can farm, not as a storm but she doesn't need items as any other carry does, all u need is aghs and crit/mkb and you're a monster. I've seen so many shitty offlane wrs, that get rekt but manages to get aghs + crit sometime in 60 min, and can rekt ur 6 slotted carry

my point was and is WR is just as cancer as Storm spirit, and its even worse because its way easier. simple as that.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2015-11-07 at 02:19 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

u wot.

also pick offs are what matters in pubs, ur carry buyback, goes like a tard and farm. get blink into shackle and dies in 2 second, game's lost.

also she can farm, not as a storm but she doesn't need items as any other carry does, all u need is aghs and crit/mkb and you're a monster. I've seen so many shitty offlane wrs, that get rekt but manages to get aghs + crit sometime in 60 min, and can rekt ur 6 slotted carry

my point was and is WR is just as cancer as Storm spirit, and its even worse because its way easier. simple as that.
    please, stop with the exaggerations, you dont die to WR in two seconds, unless you fed her horribly all game long, and no 6slotted carrys is going to die to only aghs/deadalus wr...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    please, stop with the exaggerations, you dont die to WR in two seconds, unless you fed her horribly all game long, and no 6slotted carrys is going to die to only aghs/deadalus wr...
    600 attack speed.

Yeah you definitely do die to WR in two seconds once she has crit, but that comes later in the game where you've already fucked up. I actually just lost a game to WR last night

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1920252271
    we had full control of the map and meepo was taking BOTH jungles for a solid 10 minutes. WR farmed the lanes that we kept pushed and got aghs and started melting a meepo clone in under a second and we couldn't do anything after that. But, I still don't think this makes WR anywhere close to OP. She wasn't able to exert any form of map control, she wasn't able to gank, she wasn't able to team fight. All she could do is find a couple of pickoffs that were 100% due to our team making grave mistakes, and yeah, once she was fed we couldn't really win anymore. Still, that loss was 100% on us, we could've 5 manned once meepo finished his sheep but SF kept pushing solo and we took way too long to get organized and take Rosh, and then once we did we dove a tier 3 2v5 and fed the whole team and gave them like 6000g in three minutes. None of that was because WR is a good hero. If she were a hero like Storm from last patch, we never would've gotten a lead to begin with, he would've zipzapped around and farmed kills.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-11-07 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    600 attack speed.
    Turns out that Return is a hillarious way of dealing with that little problem.

She's no where near as bad as Storm was. If Storm got ahead he was massively oppressive for the other team and could kill whoever he pleased with little to no warning and get away unscathed, even going as far as dodging Laguna Blades and such with his ult. Unless you have some form of instant CC you're shit out of luck. Even if he was behind, he had good paths he could take to allow him to recover and get back into the game.

All WR has is decent right click damage and a very hit and miss Stun. Both of those are nice to have, but unlike Storm she brings nothing special or unique to her. You could just as easilly replace her with Mirana, Luna, Sven etc to fill the same sort of role. Also unlike Storm, WR will almost certainly die if she's CCed, cannot evade CC without a BKB, and has no real way to avoid just being blown up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Turns out that Return is a hillarious way of dealing with that little problem.

She's no where near as bad as Storm was. If Storm got ahead he was massively oppressive for the other team and could kill whoever he pleased with little to no warning and get away unscathed, even going as far as dodging Laguna Blades and such with his ult. Unless you have some form of instant CC you're shit out of luck. Even if he was behind, he had good paths he could take to allow him to recover and get back into the game.

All WR has is decent right click damage and a very hit and miss Stun. Both of those are nice to have, but unlike Storm she brings nothing special or unique to her. You could just as easilly replace her with Mirana, Luna, Sven etc to fill the same sort of role. Also unlike Storm, WR will almost certainly die if she's CCed, cannot evade CC without a BKB, and has no real way to avoid just being blown up.
    Serves him right for using those stupid pigtails. Worst hat I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    dodging Laguna Blades and such with his ult.
    you could just euls him, tehn do the "lina combo" and hes dead as well. you can't dodge the combo, since his ult isn't INSTANT like ember.
    also dodging laguna blades, you've to pre ult it. since storm ult castime is 0.3 and laguna delay is like 0.2 or so
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Lol. You do know Laguna also has a cast point and the damage is delayed, right? Storm Spirit's cast point for ult is much shorter.

Laguna has 0.45 cast point and a 0.25 second delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Lol. You do know Laguna also has a cast point and the damage is delayed, right? Storm Spirit's cast point for ult is much shorter.

Laguna has 0.45 cast point and a 0.25 second delay.
    so? to dodge it lina has to cast it, and storm have 0.25 delay to dodge it. so he has to pre jump, if he does it too early she wont cast it at all.

anyway what's ur point? lina would just eul him 1st
    - Ronald Koeman.

And what's your point? Why can't you do this to WR in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    And what's your point? Why can't you do this to WR in the first place?
    ?

wr is just as bad storm at high level, shes way worse than storm overall because shes easier to play, and the same can be said for lina, but she isn't picked that much anymore at least in my pubs, and what's even worse is that wr OWNs in the lane phase (lina as well.) storm at least was weak early.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2015-11-10 at 10:19 PM.
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    I was just playing him as safelane. Gold wins wars, after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just had a game. I was playing lifestealer and I had a DK on our team. We we're against an SF/Ursa. Having major problems with the ursa and my DK already got an AC. So I tried Solar Crest on the hero for the first tme. My god why havent I used SC on naix before. Worked fucking wonders.