Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    calling vp trash tier/nobody is stupid, I can't imagine what u call other teams like alliance, empire etc, dogshit tier -randoms players?
    Yes, they are also trash tier. You can drop your CIS pride, Russia is terrible at DotA and always will be. It's not even like the Chinese scene, where we know they are actually very good players and are waiting on them to make another godly team, there isn't even that potential.

And I actually like VP, I agree they are a fun team to watch, doesn't mean they will win anything big ever.

well i guess by ur logic everyteam trash tier, except secret, eg and vg.

I dont have any cis pride, I think you just hate CiS dota, I remember when there were the invites for ti5 and u got "mad" about vp getting invite over real trash tier teams like NiP. and also u say they wont do well. but well they kicked secret out of ti!
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for the new patch!! Not long left. + Desert terrain hopefully! <3

well i guess by ur logic everyteam trash tier, except secret, eg and vg.

I dont have any cis pride, I think you just hate CiS dota, I remember when there were the invites for ti5 and u got "mad" about vp getting invite over real trash tier teams like NiP. and also u say they wont do well. but well they kicked secret out of ti!
    Old Secret was apparently bad. We all thought they were going to be strong but they lost to a trash tier team, guess they deserved that disband. Considering all the players scattered instantly to other teams, I'm going to ahead and guess they had a lot of internal issues that probably led to them losing, and it really had very little to do with how good VP is.

I don't really hate or love anybody in DotA, I just call it like I see it. History shows VP isn't very good at DotA, that's all there is to it. If they win in Shanghai then I'll say they are good. I never thought OG was very good, but they won two major tournaments in a row, and I was almost ready to admit they are a top tier team before they lost horribly in starladder, will see if that was just generic throwing or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Old Secret was apparently bad. We all thought they were going to be strong but they lost to a trash tier team, guess they deserved that disband. Considering all the players scattered instantly to other teams, I'm going to ahead and guess they had a lot of internal issues that probably led to them losing, and it really had very little to do with how good VP is.

I don't really hate or love anybody in DotA, I just call it like I see it. History shows VP isn't very good at DotA, that's all there is to it. If they win in Shanghai then I'll say they are good. I never thought OG was very good, but they won two major tournaments in a row, and I was almost ready to admit they are a top tier team before they lost horribly in starladder, will see if that was just generic throwing or not.
    They just lost 3-1 to Team Liquid in The Defense tournament. They lost first game in 21 minutes.

Prize pool for 1st was only $40k. So I'm not so sure if they were bringing their "A" game. But that is kinda poor work ethic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post

It's hard to say. s4 was drafting for them in TI5 right? Not Puppey? They lost due to just absolutely awful drafting more than any other reason. I think they've done wonders to improve EE's consistency but EE is still EE and he still starts playing poorly when he's against the ropes.

That's why I've always liked CDEC and some of the other asian teams - even when things are going badly, they play consistently. People point to the echo slam in TI5 but they didn't really have a choice - they were fucked if they didn't get that Rosh, so their only chance was to somehow take that Rosh and figure out some way of avoiding the echo slam.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It's hard to say. s4 was drafting for them in TI5 right? Not Puppey? They lost due to just absolutely awful drafting more than any other reason. I think they've done wonders to improve EE's consistency but EE is still EE and he still starts playing poorly when he's against the ropes.

That's why I've always liked CDEC and some of the other asian teams - even when things are going badly, they play consistently. People point to the echo slam in TI5 but they didn't really have a choice - they were fucked if they didn't get that Rosh, so their only chance was to somehow take that Rosh and figure out some way of avoiding the echo slam.
    CDEC were mostly let down at TI5 by Shiki simply not being a good player. If they booted him and replaced him with literally any generic non-dumpster mid player they'd have stood a fighting chance against EG, but they couldn't play Lesh, had to ban Techies, and their mid player lost shit like TA vs SF to Suma1L.

You can't win if your mid player loses that kind of matchup, no matter how fucking surreally good at DotA Aggressif is.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    They just lost 3-1 to Team Liquid in The Defense tournament. They lost first game in 21 minutes.

Prize pool for 1st was only $40k. So I'm not so sure if they were bringing their "A" game. But that is kinda poor work ethic.
    Yeah OG has been losing a lot suddenly, it will be interesting to see what happens in the next major, I assume they will still get auto-invited after Frankfurt.

They also had the RTZ curse lmao

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    CDEC were mostly let down at TI5 by Shiki simply not being a good player. If they booted him and replaced him with literally any generic non-dumpster mid player they'd have stood a fighting chance against EG, but they couldn't play Lesh, had to ban Techies, and their mid player lost shit like TA vs SF to Suma1L.

You can't win if your mid player loses that kind of matchup, no matter how fucking surreally good at DotA Aggressif is.
    I don't think Aggressif is that good. One of the best, sure, but he's not going to outcarry any of the other top players, certainly not enough to make up for lacking teammates. I think CDEC was just screwed at ti5, it would have taken an extremely remarkable team to have kicked EG out of the tournament during the ti5 meta, the top picks favored their hero pool so much because there was just no way around techies/naga/leshrac/sumail's heroes, there was no way to ban out EG so no matter what you do you were giving them one of their OP heroes. Now they've been stuck picking RTZ heroes and are dropping down from by far #1 to barely top 3 if that. Funny how balance changes can drastically change which teams are good or not, and I think much of CDEC's success at ti5 was also due to the meta favoring them, but it also favored EG and that's where they got stomped.

I do think the current meta favors OG highly, and I won't be surprised in the slighest if they get stomped out of existence after the next patch drops.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-12-07 at 05:25 PM.

EG werent the heavy favorites to win TI. Its more what Praisethesun said CDEC just couldn't do anything with the draft in the end with naga and techies countering their style of play. But before the tournament team secret were heavy favorites

10+ Year Old Account
    patch notes leaked.

Could be fake/true

http://www.hastebin.com/ayacihimek.vhdl

Ebola Spirit / Oracle / Terroblade enabled in CM

Gyrocopter
    Rocket Barrage reworked
    +Show details

Old Rocket Barrage:
    ==============
    Activate to shoot rockets over a short period of time.

-Duration: 3
    -Rockets Per Second: 10
    -Damager Per Rocket: 7/12/17/22
    -Mana Cost: 90
    -Cooldown: 7/6.5/6/5.5

New Rocket Barrage:
    ==============
    Toggle to continually shoot rockets at the cost of mana and attack speed.

-Duration: Until toggled off
    -Damage Per Rocket: 8/12/16/20
    -Activation Mana Cost: 45
    -Mana Cost Per Second: 8/12/16/20
    -Attack Speed Loss: -30

Mirana
    Moonlight Shadow duration is doubled when cast at night
    Moonlight Shadow now applies to illusions
    Added Aghanim's Scepter: Permanently increases Mirana's night vision to 1800 and increases her allies night vision to 1400 if it is lower than that during Moonlight Shadow

Just some things.

- - - Updated - - -

There's very few nerfs.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2015-12-08 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    patch notes leaked.

Could be fake/true

http://www.hastebin.com/ayacihimek.vhdl

Ebola Spirit / Oracle / Terroblade enabled in CM

Gyrocopter
    Rocket Barrage reworked
    +Show details

Old Rocket Barrage:
    ==============
    Activate to shoot rockets over a short period of time.

-Duration: 3
    -Damager Per Rocket: 7/12/17/22
    -Mana Cost: 90
    -Cooldown: 7/6.5/6/5.5

New Rocket Barrage:
    ==============
    Toggle to continually shoot rockets at the cost of mana and attack speed.

-Duration: Until toggled off
    -Damage Per Rocket: 8/12/16/20
    -Activation Mana Cost: 45
    -Mana Cost Per Second: 8/12/16/20
    -Attack Speed Loss: -30

Mirana
    Moonlight Shadow duration is doubled when cast at night
    Moonlight Shadow now applies to illusions
    Added Aghanim's Scepter: Permanently increases Mirana's night vision to 1800 and increases her allies night vision to 1400 if it is lower than that during Moonlight Shadow

Just some things.

- - - Updated - - -

There's very few nerfs.
    Could be real last leak was.

JAKIRO ICE PATH FIXED I HOPE THIS IS TRUE

jakiro meta boys

Ebola spirit in CM with almost no nerfs? ROFL

They are fake though. Cyborgmatt pretty much confirmed it.
    Example:"Firefly damage interval rescaled from 10/30/50/70 per 1 second to 7.5/15/22.5/30 per 0.5 seconds" It's already a 0.5 sec tick.

- - - Updated - - -

*snip*
    Pic possible fake, icefrog plz ;_;
    Last edited by Mellomania; 2015-12-08 at 05:10 PM.

no storm spirit buffs? gj icefraud

cant bkb out from jakiro's eul+ice path combo?

well at least ember didnt got nerf..

hopefully they're fake

also 6.86 isn't coming out this weekend, saw a post about it being fake
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

no storm spirit buffs? gj icefraud

cant bkb out from jakiro's eul+ice path combo?

well at least ember didnt got nerf..

hopefully they're fake

also 6.86 isn't coming out this weekend, saw a post about it being fake
    Ye, seems like it's fake. The leaked patch notes are fake though.

- - - Updated - - -

Possible that the pic is real, but as it was direct message there is no way proving it we will have to wait and see
    Can't see DMs on the site, as they are personal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they're fake (most likely the case) just because I want to be excited reading the patch notes again! xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Another night vision nerf would be pretty significant. Smoke breaks at 1k range of a hero... during the day, you can quite easily see them the second they break smoke, and they're still a ways off from being in cast range for most spells (~600.) At night, this drops to a 200 difference. Dropping night vision to 700 would make night smokes damn near guaranteed, only 100 distance from the time enemy becomes visible to the cast range for most spells. It's why Darkness is so retardedly good with smoke.

Too bad they're fake. I like the continued nerfs to bottlecrow bullshit. Then again, icefrog said quite some time ago that he really hates it when people leak patch notes or map versions, so anyone that DOES leak them would be a bit of a dick.

Some of these nerfs in these fake notes are ridiculous. Shallow Grave made dispellable? Dazzle would completely fucking disappear, forever, with how overpowered Diffusal Blade is after all its numerous buffs. Scorched Earth providing no movespeed bonus at lvl 1, and duration nerfed by 3 sec.

LOL, 30 sec duration Eclipse at night. Man, even I'm not that retarded.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2015-12-09 at 04:35 AM.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the Mirana changes had me like "what the fuck" when I saw them. Which is why I copied and pasted the change with the "leaks". That shit would be far too powerful.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2015-12-09 at 08:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    30 sec Eclipse with Agh's would be so hilariously broken

30 sec Eclipse with Agh's would be so hilariously broken
    It would still be the same amount of beams. It wouldnt change that much in most situations. The mirana ult thing is more broken, but it would be attached to a garbage hero, so i dunno.