Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    its teamfight not solo kill.

Combo it with a group control ult like Black hole and you wreck enemy teams. Its a longish CD, a hits hard, but quite slowly, but it hits everyone. Its good, but its not how you used to play Riki. you need to be more teamfight now.
    The point is that the hero can't teamfight (i.e can't do relevant damage with the ulti) unless you play him as an AFK-farming safelane carry for the vast majority of the game - something that the hero is objectively terrible at. Never mind the fact that the ulti actively has anti-synergy with Backstab in terms of itemization because the attack rate is capped at 1/second, which means you either have to get agi items and maximize Backstab damage or +damage items to maximize ulti.

The hero objectively doesn't make sense in terms of design right now and I fully expect him to be reworked yet again. It's like Silencer - the hero needs a rework of his Aghanim's now because it's objectively anti-synergistic; you can't extend the duration of the Q applied by your ulti with Agha because your ulti prevents people from casting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear to fuckin god DotA has some of the literally stupidest people I've ever encountered. Random Zeus first pick, dumb cunts pick Timbersaw and then Abbadon along with Invoker and fucking Spectre and then complain about shitty lanes and lack of disables. Where's the Zeus gonna go when you pick Timbersaw for solo offlane? Sure, support Zeus works, but you have to fucking draft around it. That's why I always random first pick! But, no, it's easier to pick heroes they want to play, regardless of whether or not they fit, and then blame the guy that randomed for everything when the team with almost literally 0 disables gets shit on by the team with a balanced draft. Fucking Abbadon trying to get on my shit because I randomed, even though I randomed first pick, and we already had someone wanting to play Invoker mid. But, no, let's pick fucking Abbadon because he brings absolutely NOTHING valuable to the table and then blame the guy that randomed as though that has any fucking thing to do with it.

Hurr durr, it's Zeus' fault because he randomed Zeus when that guy said he was going mid with Invoker. Did I call mid? No, I didn't call any lanes, I just randomed. What would have happened if I randomed Bambi or DK or Spacecow or Antimage or Lich or any fucking other hero? Would he still cry about me randoming a mid (which doesn't even make sense, how can I "random a mid"? It's random, you don't get a choice!) then?

I sincerely and truly hope that stupid motherfucker gets hit by a car and fucking dies. That dumb cunt's death would be a sincere and genuine fucking blessing to every person that has to suffer through their utter fucking stupidity.

So, yeah. Pubs are fun right guys?
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2015-12-25 at 01:20 AM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    If you don't want to get flamed for randoming in RMM, don't random. It's that simple.

If you random firstpick in unranked and get flamed for it, people are retards. If you random in RMM and your team comp turns out shit because surprise, bad players have a 3-hero hero pool, complaining about it is like sticking your foot in boiling water and complaining about a scalding. You may be right to complain because the water shouldn't have been scalding in the first place, or whatever, but you knew damn well what was going to happen the second you did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    If you don't want to get flamed for randoming in RMM, don't random. It's that simple.

If you random firstpick in unranked and get flamed for it, people are retards. If you random in RMM and your team comp turns out shit because surprise, bad players have a 3-hero hero pool, complaining about it is like sticking your foot in boiling water and complaining about a scalding. You may be right to complain because the water shouldn't have been scalding in the first place, or whatever, but you knew damn well what was going to happen the second you did it.
    So it's my fault other players are bad? How's that work?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    So it's my fault other players are bad? How's that work?
    It's your fault that you choose to random and then expect your team to conform to whatever that hero is. If you want to win ranked games, be willing to pick last, be willing to pick what your team needs (not what you find fun), and be willing to do the horrible jobs like solo-supporting 4 retarded cores.

If you're not gonna do that then you don't get to bitch about your MMR. The guy that first-pick randoms every single game (and likely isn't even highest MMR and thus can't play 50% of the heroes he might random to any effective degree) is just as bad and game-losing in my eyes as the guy that just mindlessly picks Slark every single game whether Slark is good or not.

Well deathball is back... time to uninstall until it goes away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Well deathball is back... time to uninstall until it goes away
    How so? Pubs don't seem to favor any one playstyle over any other. Comeback gold is still completely broken as far as pubs go, though. Almost guaranteed 45+ min games because people start getting kill crazy and feeding 1500 gold to the enemy team because fuck that Dazzle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    It's your fault that you choose to random and then expect your team to conform to whatever that hero is. If you want to win ranked games, be willing to pick last, be willing to pick what your team needs (not what you find fun), and be willing to do the horrible jobs like solo-supporting 4 retarded cores.

If you're not gonna do that then you don't get to bitch about your MMR. The guy that first-pick randoms every single game (and likely isn't even highest MMR and thus can't play 50% of the heroes he might random to any effective degree) is just as bad and game-losing in my eyes as the guy that just mindlessly picks Slark every single game whether Slark is good or not.
    I'm not bitching about my MMR, I don't care what my fucking MMR is. I do care about dumbasses blaming others when they're the ones making mistakes, when they're the ones fucking up.

When I play like shit, I own it, and I try to learn from it. I don't fucking blame my teammates and try to pretend like I didn't have anything to do with the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    It's not toxic. Techies is legit bad. He offers so little to the team you can pick literally any other hero in the game and benefit your team more. You can call him a defensive hero, but how is he defensive anymore? He needs a shitton of mines and is easily countered by just sentry ward. Enemy just picks a sniper and they've got your mines gone for days, or clockwerk's rockets, or literally anything giving vision uphill.

He is trash.
    It is toxic. People constantly say any hero that gets nerfed is now trash, and it's not the case. Sentry wards or gem doesn't always make techies useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    You're right, Techies is a more defencive hero, that does not make them a good hero at it however. The one thing they can consistently do is defending high ground, if they have setup time, and then he's entirely dependant on having that time, if the other team regroups and pushes before he's set up again or pushes a different lane he's of no use at all even there. He doesn't even defend high ground as well as a Hero like KotL, who can destroy entire creep waves before they even get close enough to the towers to contest them. Thats without going into all of the other cool stuff KotL brings, stuff that doesn't rely on opponents being caught by supprise.

At best, he's a one trick pony. And its not a very good trick when people take precautions. Its nothing to do with him being nerfed, everything to do with him just being a wonky, horrible mess of a hero.
    A good techies will mine every lane not just one. KotL cannot instantly blow up heroes while defending. A bad techies is much more useful over a bad KotL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    KotL doesn't even need illuminate. Max Mana Leak and enjoy winning every engagement until BKBs pop up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    A good techies will mine every lane not just one. KotL cannot instantly blow up heroes while defending. A bad techies is much more useful over a bad KotL.
    If you are talking about pubs - KotL is more reliable way to defend from pushes, except if enemy has huskar or something equally tower-destroy-ish. Techies have to spend quite some time to defend from pushes and can be shut down by Tiny tossing a minion, random dominated neutral popping mines.

Also, how everyone enjoying fuck warden?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    R[A]T Doto is BACK!

VG* and LGD both picking up NP.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2015-12-25 at 08:36 AM.

It is toxic. People constantly say any hero that gets nerfed is now trash, and it's not the case. Sentry wards or gem doesn't always make techies useless.
    Lol, you literally have nothing to add to this conversation. Sentry wards and gem literally defeat the hero completely now. Go away if you don't actually have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    How so? Pubs don't seem to favor any one playstyle over any other. Comeback gold is still completely broken as far as pubs go, though. Almost guaranteed 45+ min games because people start getting kill crazy and feeding 1500 gold to the enemy team because fuck that Dazzle.
    At the end of 6.85 they started favouring teamfights and 4man tps at 3min, 6.86 only brought buffs to that with stuff like aether lense,dragon lance etc. to make pushes easier. Basically the hero kill bounty is toooooo high, it seems more worth it to just 5 man group up at 10min and gank around the map/push than actually farm, games also went from being ~45min to ~15-35 (4-5k bracket)

Which is probably a good thing. Rather have more actiony team fight games, than those Anti mage 40min farm games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Which is probably a good thing. Rather have more actiony team fight games, than those Anti mage 40min farm games.
    We haven't had Antimage 40 mins farm games for quite a few patches now, and it feels bad when all your early work as a support goes up in flames because of 1 carry mistake(with an added "xD" in chat). Its one of the reasons why I personally never play a support if its not a 5man premade.

I like action packed games as much as the next guy, but not games where you literally send illusions to kill the tower/racks for 5 minutes, because if you commit and you're not 25k+ ahead you risk losing the game on that very spot. To quote a pro, when a team is leading 4:0 at soccer, and the other team scores, the score isn't 5:4 all of a sudden.

I think its pretty clear patch cycles are more about generating interest in the game for more money. If they really wanted to balance the game they wouldn't swing the pendulum so far each time

Yea but not brainless forced action, there are other games for that (hots). Actually yes this meta reminds me the most of hots, you just randomly group up cause a golden text says you should(getting lvl 6/some core items) and do objectives!(push towers/gank as 5) farming creeps aswell as map awareness/game sense is just useless. Bit of an exaggeration obviously but pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Lol, you literally have nothing to add to this conversation. Sentry wards and gem literally defeat the hero completely now. Go away if you don't actually have a point.
    Not always lol. Not to mention aghs makes them invisible. Gem and sentries have always countered techies, there is no "now".
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    Not always lol. Not to mention aghs makes them invisible. Gem and sentries have always countered techies, there is no "now".
    Except for the part where he didn't feed hundreds and hundreds of gold when he got de-mined before and it takes him a billion years to farm an Aghanim's because his land mines have gone from killing people with 3-4 to something straight out of Tickletown. Multiple heroes can literally de-mine with their faces for the first 20 minutes of the game because the hero does no fucking damage now.

It's a bad hero. Riki is a bad hero. Please stop defending heroes that are very clearly underpowered and a liability in the current patch just for the sake of being contrarian - it has you sounding like a petulant toddler and detracts from the overall quality of the thread.

Lol, you haven't read patch notes since techies released, have you?