Skill ceiling dropped so much in that 4 months that I didnt touch dota... At 4k you can win offlane 1vs3 and still be barely even at early/mid and still lose late game. Idk how to make dota appealing again. Enchantress is pretty good solo offlane!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Which is why I was obviously agreeing with you. aghs very first item after treads is shit unless you're stomping. it relies fully on your team.

I can't see how that wasn't clear from my post.
    I wasn't so much remarking on what you said as I was taking a potshot at Lysah via your post

Edit: @Sorcereria "winning lanes" literally doesn't matter at all if you have no clue (which is the case with most players sub-5k) how to capitalize on your early advantage as a team. Atm the way to do that is group up and establish map control by taking towers and Rosh once you have core items like Mek, but in 4k everyone just seems to run aimlessly around the map looking for pickoffs as if that's how you win DotA.

Game sense is more important than ever because the game revolves more and more around objectives and map control than it ever has. If you don't know how to take the former and establish the latter, you're going to have a real shitty time no matter if you win lanes or not.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2016-01-06 at 01:39 PM.

Hah you're so right, i think in 90% of my games people just run around like idiots 5man ganking a 5pos CM on the opposite side of the map instead of taking objectives, you don't even need map awareness anymore, you just see 1 person on the map and you know there are 4 idiots standing behind him waiting for the other 5 idiots to run there to gank that 1 guy. Thats why i like lycan this patch, i just mute my team/ignore them and take objectives alone while they force pointless fights that don't result in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    ... which is why I added the caveat of "and had it work out"
    I don't consider 1800g MoM a major item, that's like saying drums is a major item, or phase boots. Going boots > MoM > aghs counts as aghs rush imo. And it was pretty common, and it won pretty often as well. Let's not forget about the 6 slotted Tiny who sat under his t4 eating 14 seconds of Chrono while he got raxed. You don't even need to kill anything with Void, Chrono lasts longer than BKB does at the end of the game so you can just chrono their carry when he pops BKB and have everyone stand around and wait to blow him up when it ends. The ability is fundamentally broken and Void badly needs a new ult before he will ever be a balanced hero, but that's just like, my opinion man. I think with his new ignore damage timewalk he could be a top pick again as an offlaner.

He literally said Aghs was a common first major item pickup and that MoM and treads weren't major items, but necessary to be relevant as void in early game. This was proven by any decent player during that void meta.

Apparently arguments here are just people reading poorly and agreeing with each other on their opinions.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

honestly if you read posts thoroughly on this site you might get brain cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    honestly if you read posts thoroughly on this site you might get brain cancer
    Are mods allowed to say things like this now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I mean, he's not wrong.

Edit: I also definitely agree that Void is a top-tier offlaner again, although ironically I think his laning stage as an offlaner is slightly weaker than it was with maxed Timewalk before. He's basically as good as the old offlane Void was in the lategame, but far less farm reliant and less useless in the 20-30 minute window.

I think making Time Dilation his ult (but perhaps entirely locking people out of spells for 6 seconds, BKB-piercing, etc) would be a good start to re-balancing the hero, but Chrono is just too unbalanced of an ability. Complete BKB counter, setup for a myriad of ults that are otherwise hard to maximize (Skywrath, WD, etc), and the Agh's cooldown is honestly obnoxious. It should have a Black Hole-length CD, not a fucking 60-second one.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2016-01-06 at 05:30 PM.

Agreed, making chrono like 160 sec CD would be a good place to start. It's an automatic fight winner if used properly. They even removed the ability to force staff allies out of it...like...what.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    He literally said Aghs was a common first major item pickup and that MoM and treads weren't major items, but necessary to be relevant as void in early game. This was proven by any decent player during that void meta.

Apparently arguments here are just people reading poorly and agreeing with each other on their opinions.
    Well MoM isn't really that hard to make lol, I don't think Lysah meant rushing aghs before treads and MoM. Also support Kunkka is trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

By the way if people haven't heard, Vegetables Esports Club has been streaming all their qualifier matches, complete with their voice comm and personal perspectives in game. If you want to see what a semipro team looks and sounds like while playing it's a great experience, since they're all casters they're some good personalities too which is even better.

Deleted
    By the way if people haven't heard, Vegetables Esports Club has been streaming all their qualifier matches, complete with their voice comm and personal perspectives in game. If you want to see what a semipro team looks and sounds like while playing it's a great experience, since they're all casters they're some good personalities too which is even better.
    Maelk is fucking hilarious, honestly.

Deleted
    Good to know, thanks. Do they upload already played matches to youtube or something similar too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Just had an 81 minute dota game, that was a little grueling.
    Fucking hate those. I don't care if I win or lose, I just want the goddamn game to be done with already. I wouldn't mind seeing buybacks reduced even further, or comeback gold/XP being nerfed again. That'd just result in pros playing fucking TI3 Chinese style though.

- - - Updated - - -

Also HotD pretty good these days. Creep gets 1500 HP and 350 move speed. It's now a very viable solution to Omniknight - dominate a white satyr and just spam their purge. Only have enough MP for 4 shots, but they're everywhere anyway.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ VEGGIES TAKE MY FERTILIZER
    Aren't they like top 5 NA now lol?

dunno, i was never any good at moderating

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Invoker can't do shit about Repel. Creep purge has like 200 cast range so it's not really a solution either.
    Also HotD pretty good these days. Creep gets 1500 HP and 350 move speed. It's now a very viable solution to Omniknight - dominate a white satyr and just spam their purge. Only have enough MP for 4 shots, but they're everywhere anyway.
    getting mixed messages here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    dunno, i was never any good at moderating

getting mixed messages here
    HotD got buffed again, it increases creep movespeed to 350 now, so it being slow and squishy is no longer true. 1500 HP and 350 move speed, plenty tanky to get close enough to cast its spell.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Good to know, thanks. Do they upload already played matches to youtube or something similar too?
    They should be in recent broadcasts for the streamers on twitch (capitalist purge and merlini all streamed some of the games, I know merlini streamed them all because he's who I was watching), they will probably highlight them as well.

http://www.twitch.tv/merlinidota/profile

HotD got buffed again, it increases creep movespeed to 350 now, so it being slow and squishy is no longer true. 1500 HP and 350 move speed, plenty tanky to get close enough to cast its spell.
    both posts were on 8.68

i do agree with your second post though

Deleted
    I felt like VEC's usage of Chen as a team, in spite of Maelk being an excellent Chen player, was oddly poor in game 3. Despite having a solid advantage, they seemed overly focused on winning Monib's mid lane rather than capitalizing on Merlini being very far ahead with 4-5 kills to his name. It felt like they could have simply killed Beastmaster + Dazzle with a Chen rotation and Unknown would have been able to do very little to stop a T1 push.

Merlini also feels like an absurdly passive, old-school safelaner, even when he has do-shit heroes like Bloodseeker (which btw is a hero I simply can't understand why they pick) - he never really pulls the classic Aggressif/BDN move and TPs out to gank when he hits lvl 6. He kinda just sits around in the safelane until shit starts happening, which is unfortunate given that Monib is the same sort of greedy player.