I think the Pugna pick was fine, it was the Sven pick that cost them. I don't know why EG is so in love with this hero, he is literally only good for the duration of his storm bolt, after his BKB/blink are on cooldown he is just SO EASY to lock down and kite until he's dead. We saw this at the end of the game, NP could literally 1v1 a 2x rapier Sven by simply sprouting him and right clicking. EG needs a better hyper carry like Gyro for RTZ, a hero that can't be shut down by an offlaner or a support in every single fight. I also don't understand why people criticize sumail like he's bad at Pugna or something, he got literally 4 manned mid. If a team is willing to dedicate that many heroes to a gank, any hero is going to die, and sumail would have had the same stats on any other hero in the game. It's up to the rest of EG to either respond quickly to turn the gank around or make use of the space the enemy having 0 heroes farming provides. They even pulled Envy to help shut down sumail and his BOT was really, really slow as a result. EG just failed to capitalize on this because Sven needs too many items before he can get any kills.

All that being said, I would have preferred a tide last pick for Fear and sumail on Nyx. Tide would have been insane in that game and could have either jungled or just 2/3 man laned with DS. EG already did a DS trilane that worked well.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey look, OG proving my point for me, thanks mates. Sven gets a bigger net worth lead than probably any hero has had the entire tournament and can't lock the game down. Hero is honestly garbage as a solo source of damage. As a support or a second carry, fine, but as your primary source of damage? God no, can people stop drafting like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is Liquid doing so well? What happened to them? They were a bad joke and then suddenly they're very strong? Is it because they picked up pubstars like Matumbaman and Jerax?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Ya, pretty much. It's just a solid group of players right now and if they can get their drafting and teamwork under control they can absolutely be a top team I think. They are slowly getting better every tournament.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, I'm not sure which is worse, Fnatic stomping OG in game 3 or the lag on the stream.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Refresher Sven really was a sick move.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    DJ dropping his Refresher to hide the fact that they had a 2nd Black Hole was even sicker, to be honest. That was some next-level subterfuge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Why did he refresher? Just because he had a billion gold and so he could get a 2nd god's strength?

- - - Updated - - -

damn someone on reddit took a screenshot of the "signal lost" blue screen thing from the Shanghai stream when it inevitably died and posted it. I missed out on sweet, sweet karma

- - - Updated - - -

MVP got eliminated after I went to sleep last night

And I'm amazed Secret's made it all the way to the grand finals. They started out playing horribly in group stages, basically only surviving due to CDEC literally playing like 3k MMR players, but they've definitely shaped up since then.

EG v Liquid is going to be a fun series. I actually think that, as good as EG tends to be, I think Liquid stand a really good chance of taking it for a rematch with Secret in the grand finals.

- - - Updated - - -

I love that EG is proving that offlane Bambi isn't the OP terror that everyone likes to portray her as. CM shuts her down ridiculously hard, pair that with any kind of bursty safelane like the Ursa they picked and... yeah, she doesn't do jack.

Which is what I've been saying for months now.

Trying to complete the Patron challenge to disable enemy heroes for 90 seconds.

Every single game since then was a 30min landslide victory or a crushing defeat.

so.
    much.
    fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again Nature's Prophet simply by pressing Q on enemy's hard position Sven causes them lose fight and then game.

This is the second time this has happened to EG. Probably should stop picking Sven against Prophet.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2016-03-06 at 03:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Once again Nature's Prophet simply by pressing Q on enemy's hard position Sven causes them lose fight and then game.

This is the second time this has happened to EG. Probably should stop picking Sven against Prophet.
    Sprout kinda OP, pretty insane uptime.

If only there was an item that could cut down trees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    If only there was an item that could cut down trees.
    If only that item didn't take up an inventory slot.

Well id rather have a quelling or a battlefury instead of a hotd in that scenario

they did have QB on nyx, along with force staff, vacuum, midnight pulse and swap, its their own fault for not prioritizng someone on sprout duty, especially when sven was their only real core against prophet, ld and invoker... id say in the last fight it didnt rally matter at all, that 3v5 was lost without enigma anyway

Rtz will have nightmares with trees for weeks. I'm glad Liquid won.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Rtz will have nightmares with trees for weeks. I'm glad Liquid won.
    Fuck RTZ and the horse he rode in on. He's a little bitch just like Sumail and I'm fucking glad they both got shut down hard, they've had it coming for a long time. I feel sorry for the rest of EG, though.

Maybe Charlie Yang will get off his lazy ass and make Sumail and RTZ stop acting like cunts. I doubt it, though.

Yeah, Sumail is pretty bad mannered and full of himself, i'm actually glad they wrecked him

I swear to god, whenever I play crystal maiden I'm the inevitable carry whatever I do. Then we lose because they get BKB. I don't understand why that keeps happening so consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why did he refresher? Just because he had a billion gold and so he could get a 2nd god's strength?
    Second BKB was much more important, he was against OSfrog Destroyer as I recall.

I'm not sad EG lost, but I'm sad at the manner in which they lost. Picking the same stupid ass solo carry Sven strategy that they already lost repeatedly with, while also opening with the same exactly bans and picks that made that strategy so damn obvious (notice Liquid instantly grabbing Lion and LD). It ALREADY didn't work, did PPD really think it was going to suddenly click and magic would happen? Teams study EG as much as they study anyone else, and I'm 100% certain they knew that EG always lost against Lion and LD and picked appropriately.

And then in game two EG just got so damn stomped in every way it's almost hard to call them a top tier team anymore. I really don't know why they had such a hard on for giving sumail supports this tournament.

Also thanks to Secret and Liquid for ruining everyone's most picked hero prediction at the last second with that Invoker spam 10/10
    Last edited by Lysah; 2016-03-06 at 11:58 AM.