But Lesh/Storm/Sniper/Troll didn't 1shot 4 people after 1v1 killing one...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I like to pick Brew to counter Omni, Brewling Dispel is so fucking strong vs. his Ult.

The Brew Dispel however seems not to work with Repel, which seems to be bugged.
    No, it's Working As Intended. Repel can only be removed by a purge, which is a specific type of Normal Dispel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I don't think I have ever seen a Nyx beat an OD in this patch. He absolutely shits on OD in lane if he tries to lane against him, and by the time Nyx has the levels/items to 1v1 OD, OD will have a BKB already anyway.

Nyx USED to counter OD, back when OD would have 800 health at level 12 and would have just started leveling his Q to do decent right click. Now OD rushes str treads drums atos, he has 1600 health at level 12, and he is hitting for 400 damage Qs already while Nyx has 800 life. Nyx just doesn't have the damage to kill OD in one combo anymore, and after his stuns are over he's dead in two hits. Once OD's BKB is up Nyx is 100% useless.

I have a friend who keeps picking nyx into OD and we lose every single game because he can't ever actually kill him. Nyx is honestly such a bad hero if he can't farm a squishy support for gold. He does NOT perform well when playing from behind (see: sumail nyx mid)
    Nyx is a weird hero. He's a lot of fun but feels like he might be a little underpowered. I think they should make the attack animation on Vendetta much faster than his normal attack animation so it's actually possible to use it effectively.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Like to mention Riki wasn't picked because you can't. He isn't in Captains mode.

Not that he would anyway. But still can't pick! :X

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    No, it's Working As Intended. Repel can only be removed by a purge, which is a specific type of Normal Dispel.
    Then dota.gamepedia is wrong.

Storms Dispel Magic is listed in the same category as Diffusal Blade purge (Basic dispel). http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Dispel

Furthermore, Repel is listed as a spell that can be dispelled by a basic dispel http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Dispel/Removable_debuffs

I've searched further and the real reason is: Diffusal blade simply makes an exception for Repel, you can't purge spell immune units unless they are affected by Repel, then you can Purge them, doesn't even matter if their spell immunity is caused by Repel or not.

Dota 2: So convoluted with its exceptions even the wikis can't get it right.

Deleted
    I'm almost entirely certain that Riki has been re-added to Captain's Mode. He was taken out for a while, but I'm relatively certain that he's back in CM by now - he's just not picked.

Riki is not yet back in Captain's Mode. He was removed in 6.86 alongside a number of other heroes, and only these heroes were readded in 6.86b:
    * Enabled Doom, Faceless Void, Death Prophet, Lone Druid and Winter Wyvern in Captain's Mode

It's funny that Riki was kept out of CM because he might be too OP, apparently, but OD and DP and LD were all added immediately.

And OD is definitely overpowered at the pub level, he's overpowered at the everything level. At least at 4k+, when people know how to last hit decently, there's just no way to really beat him in lane with any hero, and if you try to gank him he's liable to just two shot everyone that shows up for it. Once he gets his free farm he explodes into a monster in 15 minutes and ends the game. A lot of MMR grinders have swapped to OD, it's either OD or spectre all day for them.

And spectre at least has a shoddy laning phase at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    And spectre at least has a shoddy laning phase at first.
    Im a spectre spammer right now, its really not that bad in this meta. Spectre doesent need many items to teamfight and gank, which her ultimate makes it easy. Spectre only needs many items to end the game, which you should have time to get. Shes not any worst early then AM, yet its much easier to keep the game under control as Spectre to me.

OD is definitely bullshit, I don't care what he is in competitive dota 2, I have played a ton of games and he's pretty much the top hero I hate facing (and love having on my team).

3 auto attacks and then an ult that destroys 2-3 heroes (or leave them with no mana)? Yeah, not fun to deal with.

We just had an OD that was literally so bad he started feeding couriers and, then, himself. I gotta be honest, I don't really understand the mentality. It's so much less of a headache at that point for him to just abandon. Why bother staying at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    We just had an OD that was literally so bad he started feeding couriers and, then, himself. I gotta be honest, I don't really understand the mentality. It's so much less of a headache at that point for him to just abandon. Why bother staying at all?
    You don't get (automatically) punished for feeding couriers.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is going to break my luck. But I've won 8 of my last 9 games! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    I know this is going to break my luck. But I've won 8 of my last 9 games! xD
    Feels like everyone forgot how to play against techies. March confirmed streak month.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

How do you forget how to play against Techies? After the first couple of games watching where you tred and buying a gem are so deeply ingrained into your psyche that it would take severe head trauma to get you to forget. And even that is a long shot, if you've played Dota for any length of time its probably an automatic reflex for you now. Your body will know what to do even if your concaved head doesn't.

Techies doesn't annoy me so much any more. I'll blow up to mine or two sometimes. But I am pretty good with dealing with him now. XD

Quote Originally Posted by The Impostor View Post
    Techies doesn't annoy me so much any more. I'll blow up to mine or two sometimes. But I am pretty good with dealing with him now. XD
    Playing against techies is cool and all as long as you have detection and you're not the one who's buying it.

Deleted
    Playing against Techies isn't even about buying Gem unless you're playing against some fucking mongoloid shitbag Techies that runs around planting mines and is lvl 3 at 20 minutes. That's just patently not how you play the hero - it wasn't good when his Q did twice as much damage as it does now, and now it's just outright consistently game-losing.

The real reason a dude like Broxy can almost make it to 6k is because Techies is an insanely difficult hero to deal with in lane in the hands of an actually competent Techies player. Melee heroes can't lane against him, you can't fuck off to the jungle or he takes your tower faster than a Broodmother, and if you ever try to kill him he just uses his dumbass E and at the very least denies himself and probably kills a support or two in the process. All of a sudden the little motherfucker has an Aghanim's and an Aether and he's chucking 500 AoE-damage mines into the middle of teamfights while you're split trying to decide whether to kill him and die to his team or kill his team and die to his mines.

Good Techies players come to the lane literally without buying any fucking regen because they're planning to Suicide when they hit lvl 2 even if it doesn't outright grant them a kill - just because it's a favourable regen trade that goes on to win them the lane. The hero is fucking cancer in the hands of a good Techies player ever since they reverted the nerf to kills outside of a certain AoE. It's 100% in a pickable state again and honestly should be seeing pro play even if it's a far cry from the days of Techies being seriously fucking retarded back when the mine activation delay was basically nonexistent.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2016-03-09 at 03:33 PM.

I don't know, techies can't win lanes anymore now that his Q does no damage. You can just run at him and force him to suicide at level 2 and then it's on cooldown for half a year and next time he's dead. He can't farm for shit now that his mines don't even do half a creep wave's health at max rank, so he's never going to get a single item if you don't feed him. Heroes with good range and slows also completely shut him down, good luck being a competent Techies against an even more competent Veno, Sniper, POTM, QoP, the list goes on, really. Sure, one techies has force euls aghs he can be a real pain in the ass, but if you let this terrible hero farm even arcanes you deserve to lose.

They need to make land mines hurt again and remove their instant activation. Instant activation was the dumbest change imaginable and it is what fundamentally broke the hero.