so has anyone else been watching talkDota @ JoinDota?
    thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    thoughts?
    DotA players want the scene to get bigger but they dont want to put down any work on their own. The DotA scene is still too immature and unprofessional to get acknowledged as a potential big eSport.

Show is slightly worse than what State of the Game was but it was also their first show.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem I think Morphling has is how FAST the agi/str gain is and that an item like Ethereal Blade is really only good on him. Very few other heroes ever even consider it as an item, but it is insane on morphling and lets him outright CRUSH most enemy heroes in like 1-2 seconds. His burst sequence is too strong for a hero who can burst, then change damage into survivability. He is, to this day, really the only hero I consider too OP. It feels like Agi/Str gain is too strong of an ability because not only does it let him be versatile at any point in the game, it lets him have like 3500 health on the spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirion View Post
    Right with you there.

I think a good nerf for Morphling would be to make it impossible to use Strength/Agi Morph while being stunned or maybe it cancels on damage taken or he can't move while using it.
    I don't think that Morphling is too powerful as a carry but the bigger problem is that he's much harder to gank than other high tier Carries like LD or AM.

Ok i admit Naga is even harder to gank because of Song but Naga is another thing, she's just insane and can setup sick combos if played right.
    But I don't know what an appropriate nerf to Naga would be :|
    Most of the top tier heroes really only need small, incremental nerfs to make them less TAKE THEM OR YOU LOSE; there are a lot of other powerful heroes that fill the same roles, it's just that the top tier heroes are just a little bit too good to make it really practical to try using anyone else unless you're willing to risk a game... and when you have money on the line, risking games is a bad idea.

Naga only becomes ridiculously stupid when she hits level 16 and her ulti has a ridiculous 60 sec cooldown; increasing the cooldown would be a place to start (in line with superpowered ultimates like Ravage and Black Hole, which have long cooldowns), you could also potentially chop one or even two seconds off the duration. I don't think her other skills are necessarily overpowered but I do think Ensnare's interaction with Linken's (it blows the spell shield but doesn't get blocked) needs to be fixed, along with all other skills that operate like that. Not sure if I like a common spell being able to go through BKB, either.

Anti-Mage would fall into line with Void and the other hard carries with fairly small nerfs, probably a slight increase to Blink cooldown, and potentially a mana cost increase or something. Near as I can tell, he's chosen primarily for his enormous passive magic resist boost and because his blink gives him immense mobility.

Morphling would probably be fine if they nerfed stat morph - less stat swapped per second, more mana cost, something like that. It's just entirely too forgiving of sloppy play on Morphling and lets him get away with doing really stupid shit like Waveforming into a tower to get a kill and then just strength morphing and tanking the tower as he waddles away.

Profit just needs a bit longer cooldown on his teleport, and maybe his treants should have a little less magic resist (it's 33% now, I think it's already being reduced to 25% in 6.75.)

Dunno how to fix Lycan. I'd guess nerfing his ultimate and maybe his aura would be places to start, especially since those affect all of his minions (including necrobook minions.)

Also not sure how to deal with Dark Seer. I'd just suggest increasing mana costs but Soul Ring is normal on him and it largely removes most of his concerns. Maybe reduced duration on Ion Shell instead or something so he has to spend more mana on it and having multiple Ion Shells up simultaneously becomes more difficult and strains his mana more.

Invoker... man. I think his actual spells are fine, but the boosts he gets from Quas, Wex, and Exort might be too good, especially early game. Exort/Quas means Invoker will not lose creepscore and is extremely hard to harass, I don't see Wex-focused builds often enough in the laning phase to really have an opinion there.

inb4 Hermanni flames me. At any rate, tweaking mana costs is always an option, but some of these heroes (really, ALL of them except maybe Dark Seer and Morphling) are dangerous only after they've had some farm, and spells costing an extra 10 or 15 mana might not be relevant at that point anymore.

I'd just prefer to nerf the top tier of heroes rather than try to buff all other heroes up to their level, it avoids power creep.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem I have with Dark Seer is how strong his ultimate is. With Aghanim's, the illusions deal 140% of the heroes normal damage. That is insanely high, and with the incredible radius on Vacuum it isn't even hard to get 2-3 of them into it AT LEAST. Ion Shell hurts, but I've never felt that it was too strong except on dumb lane combos like Juggernaut/DS. For some reason, Blade Fury gets rid of Ogre Magi bloodlust and other buffs, but not Surge and Ion Shell? It's pretty insane.
    Either way though, I think it needs to be like 110% with Agh's or something. Too often do the illusions from his ult destroy random people, at least in pubs. Try playing a support and getting suck in with your teams fed carry and having the 140% illusion just kill you in seconds. It's insane. Then again, I'm a fan of heroes that can stand up to fed carries. (Shadow Demon, DS, etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought the major reason DS was banned out so much was because of how crazy Ion Shell is for the first 15-20 minutes of the game, when it does huge damage and Soul Ring lets him spam it mercilessly.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

DS is picked for both reasons. You can't stop him from farming - he's really hard to gank with surge - his ultimate + vac destroys team fights. This makes him powerful all around, like the other top picks. Lycan has a pretty fast and safe jungle, the second he hits 6 you're not ganking him in the woods anymore, he can get an early rosh off if you give him 30 seconds alone, and he has a great mix of damage and survivability for running around in team fights.

To fix antimage all they have to do is reduce the mana burn on illusions to half. The only thing that makes that hero stupid is that he can blink on a hero like SF, click his manta, and before you even react your 400 mana is gone. Even if he doesn't kill you he just took you out of the fight in half a second. But let's be honest, he probably killed you. That 400 damage also became feedback damage + his ordinary auto attacks + his ult. Let's not forget that every time he OR an illusion of him auto attacks he effectively does 128 bonus damage because of mana burn. SF might get a ton of damage from his passive, but he has to build it up after every death and his illusions don't get that damage in pure form either.

I mean, manta back when it was built from diffusal blade and gave mana burn was still AM's best item. What does that tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I mean, manta back when it was built from diffusal blade and gave mana burn was still AM's best item. What does that tell you.
    That illusions gaining orb effects is dumb.

Deleted
    thoughts?
    I was entertained, I thought the show was alright for a first episode. Puppey kind of annoys me, however. I am well aware that Tobi isn't the most knowledgeable or experienced Dota player, but there would be times where Tobi would play up to some discussion, where Puppey just immediately shut him down, basically saying that he thought that subject was stupid.

I respect Puppey as the captain of Na'Vi, he's a good player, but he just came across like a real ass to me at times.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    That illusions gaining orb effects is dumb.
    no
    w/o orb on illsusions you wont see am picked ever

same goes for any mana break nerf(but small dmg adjust)

and as i said before lycan, ds, am are fine if anything we can expect buffs of underplayed heroes

morph need some tuning tho
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-09-12 at 01:04 PM.

I highly doubt people would stop picking AM if they made illusions do reduced mana break. He still does insane damage on his own, he's still ridiculously difficult to kill, and his ult still shatters certain team comps.

I would like to see Morphling not being able to activate str morph while stunned and AM's illusions burning 33% of the original amount of mana. I think these changes would make it so that they are not the guaranteed agi carries every game. That might be over the top tho I dont know.

Even just half would be fine for AM. Right now he hits manta and his mana break goes from 64 to 192 when 128 would be still very powerful and fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Varix View Post
    I was entertained, I thought the show was alright for a first episode. Puppey kind of annoys me, however. I am well aware that Tobi isn't the most knowledgeable or experienced Dota player, but there would be times where Tobi would play up to some discussion, where Puppey just immediately shut him down, basically saying that he thought that subject was stupid.

I respect Puppey as the captain of Na'Vi, he's a good player, but he just came across like a real ass to me at times.
    yeah, but i find it quite funny ;p puppy is just very honest

---------- Post added 2012-09-12 at 06:13 PM ----------

haha post removed and now i cant comment any LoL photos ;p
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-09-12 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    no
    w/o orb on illsusions you wont see am picked ever

same goes for any mana break nerf(but small dmg adjust)

and as i said before lycan, ds, am are fine if anything we can expect buffs of underplayed heroes

morph need some tuning tho
    I'm just concerned about power creep. There are some heroes that need buffs, but it seems to me that most heroes would be fine if it wasn't for the same 8-12 heroes that are constantly seen at high level because they're so powerful.

Void is a fantastic hard carry, but because he's not immortal like Morphling and doesn't hard-counter certain hero/team builds like Anti-Mage, you won't see him often. Sven and Leoric are both viable STR carries, but with CK doing everything they do but better, why would you ever pick them if CK's available?

That kind of stuff - in these cases I don't think buffing Sven and Leoric up to CK's level is the solution, because they're already good as they are (though Sven could maybe use some tweaks.) Buffing them would make them seen more often, but it'd also lead to power creep :-/

haha post removed and now i cant comment any LoL photos ;p
    Ahh, it's like Apple vs Windows vs Linux

Which stolen spells does Rubick casts better?
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

better? none, but spells dont have cast delay when rubick casts them.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    better? none, but spells dont have cast delay when rubick casts them.
    Yeah, i was asking that, forgot to specific the cast time lol.
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    Yeah, i was asking that, forgot to specific the cast time lol.
    Pretty much every spell. It's really noticeable when he steals spells from heroes with really long cast times like Omniknight or Leshrac.

---------- Post added 2012-09-13 at 08:13 PM ----------

Have you guys been having issues with leavers - for any reason - in your games? My first game of the night had an Ursa that bailed 30 seconds before the game started, and a guy on my team was grousing that his previous three games had been ruined due to leavers.

They really should do something besides low priority queue as punishment. I actually played some LP games last time I was in it due to a ragequit... and on the whole, they're better than regular MM games! Players were more friendly, were generally better at the game, and leavers at least felt like they were less common.

Shouldn't a punishment be an actual punishment? :-/

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Have you guys been having issues with leavers - for any reason - in your games? My first game of the night had an Ursa that bailed 30 seconds before the game started, and a guy on my team was grousing that his previous three games had been ruined due to leavers.

They really should do something besides low priority queue as punishment. I actually played some LP games last time I was in it due to a ragequit... and on the whole, they're better than regular MM games! Players were more friendly, were generally better at the game, and leavers at least felt like they were less common.

Shouldn't a punishment be an actual punishment? :-/
    on the last games i encountered 2 guys that left when someone do a First blood, it was like "GG" "Has left the game"...