Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    It's like I'm actually reading a thread full of League of Legends players.
    sometimes you just need to vent!!!

It's so far above your heads it's in aerospace, isn't it?
    Says Einstein? Could you elaborate what made you rage a little detailed?

Well the first syllable of your name is certainly accurate.

DotA thread. Rage.

Nope I don't see it need clarification too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I think most people don't enjoy it as a hobby, look at how many people come into this thread to complain about this or that game ruined by russians and feeders =)
    Complaining doesn't imply one's lack of enjoyment.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 12:10 AM ----------

Well the first syllable of your name is certainly accurate.
    I hurt you, didn't I...but how? That's what I was asking. Some random mmo-c poster that I've never seen in DotA2 megathread comes and tries to insult me.

my nickname's first syllable is "kun" means strong.

Seems like some1 slept through elementary grades.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-10 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Complaining doesn't imply one's lack of enjoyment.
    Maybe it's the rage the DotA community actually enjoys...now we're really getting somewhere.

Deleted
    Maybe it's the rage the DotA community actually enjoys...now we're really getting somewhere.
    To me this is Warcraft3 all over again.
    When the mods go out I'll probably stop playing the actual game and enjoy the mods because they will be more carefree and fun in the end. I'm gonna guess that a lot of people will do that.

if you're looking for negative side, you will find only negative, sure as sure.
    I try to find positive, something that amuses me, something that entartains me, catches eye and attention, be it tactics, animations, combos verbal mating with opponent's mother or engaging in a haiku battle amidst 1hour dota game.

tl;dr

Look on the bright side.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    To me this is Warcraft3 all over again.
    When the mods go out I'll probably stop playing the actual game and enjoy the mods because they will be more carefree and fun in the end. I'm gonna guess that a lot of people will do that.
    I, myself, can not wait for Mods to come out. It excites me way more than Dota itself.

I'm planning to recreate lots of shitty weird maps me and my friends used to fuck around with, like Escape from Gay Heaven or Keep Away from Micheal Jackson.

The idea of a bunch of Omni Knights chasing around Tiny in order to rape him is fucking glorious and I can't wait to do it.

Edit: Can't forget Cartoons VS Dota or Monster Energy Hero Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    The problem with this logic is the following: If your teammates suck and they provide easy ganks for the enemy team this will 5-10 minutes later screw over your lane. Because any semi decent team will immidiatly jump at you with their superior farm and gone is every chance to improve. You are not learning very much when you get constantly destroyed because of superior farm. You may practise a little lasthitting or jungle pulling in between your downtimes but its just not possible to focus on your own play when your teammates are terrible.
    Sure it is, I do so all the time. Even though I'm awful at times (and even semi-passable other times!), I constantly watch my own replays - be it wins or losses. Believe me, I've yet to come across flawless play from a single person in any game (this of course does not include Lysah who never has a bad game). There's always something to improve, and this is what I focus on. Random guy calling me a whore in Cyrillic while feeding middle lane doesn't phase me. I don't care about losing, you can't avoid that. What I want is to become better at the game. I random heroes to force myself into situations where I'm not fully comfortable - and I gradually improve. I'm not saying you could play better to the point where you'd won any game, not at all. All I am saying is that getting mad over people you've never met (and most probably will never ever meet again) on the sole basis that they either had a bad game or refuse to communicate in English is ridiculous.

Either way, something I've found to be effective when encountering people who speak strictly in Cyrillic: Do not try to talk to them in English. Don't call their mother a whore, don't call them retarded. This won't get them to talk to you in English. Get a few phrases in Russian, and copy them to a text-file. "Можно по-английский" is probably the most effective, translating roughly to "can you say that in English?". In my experience, this phrase has a much higher success rate when it comes to getting your fellow Russian-speaking friends to talk to you in English. Don't get me wrong, there's tons of people that either do not know English or just do not care. All I'm saying that it has helped me multiple times.

"I random heroes"

That's a pretty big no-no if you want to improve. I get your idea, but you can learn a lot more by just playing what the team needs instead of potentially randoming a fourth carry or a third support or something.

"I random heroes"

That's a pretty big no-no if you want to improve. I get your idea, but you can learn a lot more by just playing what the team needs instead of potentially randoming a fourth carry or a third support or something.
    I do not queue alone ever. The last time I played a game with less than two friends with me was in October. I've played solo suicide lane for my team whenever we've scrimmed and played amateur tournaments (we recently went 13-2 in StarLadder S04 if that means anything to you). After eight hundred something public matches (and 250-300 lobby games), the heroes I'm uncomfortable with are the ones not typically picked in your average -cm game. I'm talking about probably half of the hero pool. I just find randoming as soon as I load in the easiest way to play new heroes, I'd probably never manually pick heroes I'm uncomfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    I do not queue alone ever. The last time I played a game with less than two friends with me was in October. I've played solo suicide lane for my team whenever we've scrimmed and played amateur tournaments (we recently went 13-2 in StarLadder S04 if that means anything to you). After eight hundred something public matches (and 250-300 lobby games), the heroes I'm uncomfortable with are the ones not typically picked in your average -cm game. I'm talking about probably half of the hero pool. I just find randoming as soon as I load in the easiest way to play new heroes, I'd probably never manually pick heroes I'm uncomfortable with.
    For curiousness, why people don't like to Queue alone? i know that there's gonna be always bunch of 4 team strange people or random people that leaves game etc etc. but i've been queuing alone on my last games and well i can't say is always victorious but is not highly terrible too. the only times i've queued with people was 1 month ago and 3 months ago constantly.
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    For curiousness, why people don't like to Queue alone? i know that there's gonna be always bunch of 4 team strange people or random people that leaves game etc etc. but i've been queuing alone on my last games and well i can't say is always victorious but is not highly terrible too. the only times i've queued with people was 1 month ago and 3 months ago constantly.
    Dota 2 is a team game. By queuing with your friends, not only are you improving your chance of winning, you're also improving your team play. You become a stronger player, they become stronger players and you get a better feeling regarding team play and how to impact games. Additionally, when queuing with friends, there's always a courier. There's always observer wards placed in strategical positions. Less chance of three-four instalock carries. Less spots for people who refuse to cooperate or communicate. Less chance of griefers. If you're losing a lane, you are more likely to get your friends to help you gain control again (through ganking/helping with regen/pressuring other lanes/etc) than random people. By having the majority of your team using voice-com and knowing each other as players, you are able to control where the game goes. You decide when to push, you decide where the team fights happen. It's much easier to have an accurate overview of how the other lanes are going, and it is also much easier to analyze what went wrong and how you should have played it out.

I don't mind solo queuing, I just do not see the point when I have semi-competent friends playing daily at around the matchmaking I'm at. Matter of preference, I suppose.

Realize this, playing the game does not mean you're having fun. Actually, gamers are VERY GOOD at playing games that they don't find fun at all. Look at me, I almost never have fun playing DotA and I still log in almost daily. At least I can admit it to myself, the reason I play is simply because I've got nothing else to do and I feel compelled to spend my time doing something I'm good at at the very least. In the same sense, playing to win being fun because winning is fun is just an illusion and will wear off in time.
    Isn't that just a little bit condescending? You're fully entitled to your opinion, but I'm kind of tired of seeing "my opinion is right because you're disillusioned" or something similar everywhere in these forums. I've said this before but I'm sorry if you're not having fun playing but I'm happy you've accepted it.

sven is such a broken carry good god

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    (this of course does not include Lysah who never has a bad game)
    Of course I have bad games very occasionally. Pretty sure I got sent solo long lane as Jugg a few days ago.

@Manni
    It probably is. I'm still not sure where you're getting the idea that I'm the only person who acts like my opinions are fact - I'm pretty sure virtually every human being does this on a daily basis. No one prefaces everything they say with "just wanted to let you know I might be COMPLETELY WRONG about this but I believe it anyway, you can feel free to trust me or not it's just an opinion after all."

Most of the problem with the last few things I said is quite simple:
    It follows logically that if you only realize how much fun you're not having when you realize it, you will spend your entire life thinking you're having fun. And if you never realize it, you will have had a "fun filled" life. Whether you actually had any fun or not doesn't matter, because you believe you did. Therefore, I am completely correct and cannot be proven wrong, because if you think you are an exception to the rule, chances are you just haven't realized you're not yet. And maybe you never will. You can feel free to come up with similar logical formulas to ensure you are factually correct all the time, I won't get mad like everyone else.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-12-11 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    Its not the worry about leavers but the need for better games. Dota is a very team-oriented game, and the best way to experience it is to queue it with 2-3 friends. Or hope to meet competent team players.

Deleted
    sven is such a broken carry good god
    I really don't get why people think Sven is broken, Magnus is at least 15 times stronqer.

Anyways, I'm really getting a little tired of IcePoop constantly buffing heroes who don't need buffs.
    Didn't you imply he's infallible earlier?