Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Assholeish and badmouthing DotA community we got here.
    fight me IRL m8 ill take u on in mid

get stomped lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    Contradiction much? :3
    He's exaggerating. DotA community loves exaggerating. I am pretty sure he will give example of some retards in his games and claim they were worse than bots but the fact is they are not even mid-skilled(or what we call average, logically) players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't people get Soul Ring on Omniknight? Like, I don't think I've ever seen pros get it on him when he's used (in fact, I don't really see Soul Ring at all except on the usual suspects like Brood and DS), and it seems like most pubs dislike it, too.

Why?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why don't people get Soul Ring on Omniknight? Like, I don't think I've ever seen pros get it on him when he's used (in fact, I don't really see Soul Ring at all except on the usual suspects like Brood and DS), and it seems like most pubs dislike it, too.

Why?
    If I had to guess, his base int and int gain (17 and 1.8) is a bit higher than most other candidates similar to him (Tiny, for example, with 14/1.6 int). Adding in the fact his mana costs are relatively low (160 on a level 4 Purification, and 50 for repel across the board) and his position mana-wise doesn't seem to be too awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    If I had to guess, his base int and int gain (17 and 1.8) is a bit higher than most other candidates similar to him (Tiny, for example, with 14/1.6 int). Adding in the fact his mana costs are relatively low (160 on a level 4 Purification, and 50 for repel across the board) and his position mana-wise doesn't seem to be too awful.
    People aren't using his abilities often enough, then! Soul Ring lets you farm pretty fast, and even jungle. I actually jungle Omni most games I use him in because he really can't be played as a hard support... poor guy needs items, but because "he's a support," most of the time pubs won't even consider letting you get some farm. His jungling is slow and awkward for a few levels, but once you get Soul Ring and level 5, it doesn't take long to finish up your basic core items.

Then again, most people seem to get Arcane Boots on him while I feel like Phase Boots are the only boots that are a viable choice. Bodyblocking is so crucial for good Degen Aura use, and it's much easier to run THROUGH people than to have to try and circle around them.

EDIT: What about Soul Ring on some other heroes? Do pros not bother because they can rely on coordination for proper mana boots uses and stuff?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

800 for soul ring is most of energy crystal and mana boots help your team. Jungling with omni is acceptable when you have the mana for purification spam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    800 for soul ring is most of energy crystal and mana boots help your team. Jungling with omni is acceptable when you have the mana for purification spam.
    Yeah, but Soul Ring lets me heal more and be more aggressive in general. Wouldn't that help my team more than giving them some mana once in a blue moon?

When you have a lane partner like Sven?

10+ Year Old Account
    When you have a lane partner like Sven?
    Sven can get a Soul Ring, too!

I disagree with Omni having good base mana, especially if you'll be using Meka or anything else mana-intensive. Even at level 16, he only has enough mana for three casts (either his heal or his ulti) before he's dry; mana boots will give him enough bonus mana to cast one more, and the active will restore most of the mana needed to cast. Soul Ring, though, gives you a guaranteed spell every 30 seconds as well as providing some bonus mana regen and health regen.

Like, without Soul Ring, you basically Purification-Mekansm-Guardian Angel (not necessarily in that order) and you're running on fumes, barely able to use Repel on cooldown. Mana boots active basically gives you one more spell to cast, but that's on twice the cooldown of Soul Ring, and it means you can't get Phase Boots.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2013-01-13 at 09:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    fight me IRL m8 ill take u on in mid

get stomped lmao
    il have u kno i fogt pajkatt and won

be scared bro

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    He's exaggerating. DotA community loves exaggerating. I am pretty sure he will give example of some retards in his games and claim they were worse than bots but the fact is they are not even mid-skilled(or what we call average, logically) players.
    I'd say you're exaggerating the skill of players. And we know what community loves exaggerating a lot, don't we?

10+ Year Old Account
    il have u kno i fogt pajkatt and won

be scared bro

I'd say you're exaggerating the skill of players. And we know what community loves exaggerating a lot, don't we?
    Would would we even define as "average" in Dota? Like, what kinds of skills do they need to possess, how much do they need to know about heroes, items, the metagame, and stuff like that?

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Would would we even define as "average" in Dota? Like, what kinds of skills do they need to possess, how much do they need to know about heroes, items, the metagame, and stuff like that?
    I think you can measure player ability by a few factors:

Ability to last hit or deny (otherwise we'd just playing lol)
    Skill with landing aoe cursor type abilities or abilities with timing involved (Kunkkas whirlpool or ultimate for example)
    Map Awareness
    Ability to play as a team player

I think those are probably the biggest 4 factors. Theirs more though but off the top of my head that's all I can think of atm. Like I think I'm a pretty average dota player. I'm a pretty good team player, have a keen sense of map awareness, can land most abilities but my last hit micro needs some work.

You know, Kunkka's ult isn't even hard to use. It goes exactly where you click if you are out of range of where you aim.

You know, Kunkka's ult isn't even hard to use. It goes exactly where you click if you are out of range of where you aim.
    I agree it was more of an example but lots of players in pub games still miss it. Landing a ppudge hook is a good example. Usually players who can land hooks regularly are decent players.

Deleted
    Eh.
    Hitting a hook is easy.
    Being in the right place at the right time is the hard part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh.
    Hitting a hook is easy.
    Hook is actually probably the easiest skillshot for me. The combination of hitbox, travel time, and range just works really well for me. I miss Clockwerk's hook a lot more often simply because it's tiny and like a damned laser it's so fast... I'll start leading the target and end up firing quite a bit in front of them because I forget it moves so quickly, it's damned near hitscan.

And, yeah. I definitely think I'm at the point where getting to where I need to be right on time is the biggest hurdle for me. I recognize the missed chances or unnecessary deaths after they happen, still working on recognizing them before they happen though.

Eh.
    Hitting a hook is easy.
    I had an easy time hitting hooks from devorer in HoN but it feels so much slower in dota 2. Have no trouble with clockwerk though. That feels right on time.

So, EU West is down and I prefer avoiding EU east so I queued for US East... only after 25 minutes I still haven't found a game. Wat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    So, EU West is down and I prefer avoiding EU east so I queued for US East... only after 25 minutes I still haven't found a game. Wat.
    Really? I've heard of long queue times, but that long? I know that whenever my queue goes past about 2:30-3:00 or so, I'm going to be stuck with complete retards for teammates, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nyx Assassins that know how to play make me want to chew nails. Like a goddamned invisible Lion...