Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    No, the camera is not easy-mode like LoL's where you can see every single skillshot from miles away. I am not sure the initial camera distance is intentional in org DotA or not but it increases the skillcap. You can't see everythng that you need to see so you need to make predictions, assumptions to be safe(like taking proper position like there is a butcher behind the trees).

Friend of mine who's excellent in LoL as well as DotA is refusing to play DotA2 just because camera distance. It's a fair reason(not if you ask me) to stay away from DotA 2 it seems.
    I am old dota player and converted to LoL, frankly the camera distance is the largest reason I continue to play LoL over other Moba style games. It's an archaic camera distance created in original dota based on hardware limitations, there is no reason for it to exist in current Mobas. The "higher skill cap" argument I think is flawed, since while it may be slightly easier to defend in LoL, it is thus harder to attack. People need to push for a larger camera distance in these games, what's fun about staring at a screen all zoomed in on your character? I actually want to see the action that I am playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    what's fun about staring at a screen all zoomed in on your character? I actually want to see the action that I am playing.
    and so you can

is it really anti-fun to not be able to see most of the map without moving your screen around

i have nothing

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Nyx Assassins that know how to play make me want to chew nails. Like a goddamned invisible Lion...
    Spiked carapace best spell in the game. BLACK HOOOOOOOOlolstunned.

@zurtle
    Are you sure you haven't experienced a bug with height changes and how they affect camera distance? Sometimes if you move your camera up a hill it won't automatically zoom out and can make everything absurdly large, but a quick manual zoom out/in immediately fixes it. I usually flick the mouse wheel 2-3 times a game for this reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nyx Assassins that know how to play make me want to chew nails. Like a goddamned invisible Lion...
    I wish I was one of them. I love the Hero, but I tend to avoid it in PvP matches as I'm pretty much a free kill target.

(Note also that I'm simply not very good at the game, I just happen to enjoy it )
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Spiked carapace best spell in the game. BLACK HOOOOOOOOlolstunned.

@zurtle
    Are you sure you haven't experienced a bug with height changes and how they affect camera distance? Sometimes if you move your camera up a hill it won't automatically zoom out and can make everything absurdly large, but a quick manual zoom out/in immediately fixes it. I usually flick the mouse wheel 2-3 times a game for this reason.
    More like "oh shit I'm being ganked! Oh, phew, I'll be oka-- LOL SUP BITCH HAVE AN IMPALE"
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Watching the Navi vs 3dmax game was pretty good. uhhh pl with a heart is really fucking strong. I never figured to make that on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Watching the Navi vs 3dmax game was pretty good. uhhh pl with a heart is really fucking strong. I never figured to make that on him.
    Yeah, PL is very scary once he finishes Heart. His illusions take so long to kill!
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

SB on dagon lion is pretty damn funny. Hey, you there, have a finger. And another!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why isn't Weaver played more? Free DD rune combined with Skeleton Walk on steroids. Is it because he doesn't have the raw pushing strength of a Sylla or PL?

Free DD rune combined with Skeleton Walk on steroids
    Could you for once present the strengths of a hero without really awkward or irrelevant analogies?

Why isn't Weaver played more? Free DD rune combined with Skeleton Walk on steroids. Is it because he doesn't have the raw pushing strength of a Sylla or PL?
    He used to be a top pick and has only been buffed since. He is great for mid and rune control and is actually powerful enough to win most side lanes with spam shukuchi/geminate abuse. The best reason I can give you for his absence is tournament class FotM behavior, otherwise, the current heavy int trend tends to devalue heroes who don't mix well with BKB.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    He used to be a top pick and has only been buffed since. He is great for mid and rune control and is actually powerful enough to win most side lanes with spam shukuchi/geminate abuse. The best reason I can give you for his absence is tournament class FotM behavior, otherwise, the current heavy int trend tends to devalue heroes who don't mix well with BKB.
    God do they always build bkb? every game I've seen today it's bkbs all around almost before everything else really

because he (like all invisiblity-oriented heroes) relies on invisiblity so much, and it gets countered hard and fast even at semi-pro levels.
    tl;dr too easy to counter once your team applies some thought.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    God do they always build bkb? every game I've seen today it's bkbs all around almost before everything else really
    When teams stack 4 casters BKB is easily the best item, to be honest. A BKB and you can totally ignore their 3 supports and hybrid in the team fight.

I would disagree that weaver gets countered by true sight. It really doesn't matter if you can see him or not, the unhinderable max movespeed is more than enough to make shukuchi worth it, geminate is a fantastic attack modifier, and time lapse is one of the most ridiculous ults in the game. Leoric's ultimate, but instant, and also will likely teleport him away from you.

Oh, and The Swarm might also compete for one of the best non-ult abilities in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Few days ago I watched Fnatic(iirc) vs some other team I can't remember. To be fairly honest, truesight countered shukuchi very hard on that game. Tho, weaver is a good pick and shukuchi is almost as reliable as blink.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 12:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    I lol'd hard Thnx for the video.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-01-13 at 10:40 PM.

I need ppl to play dota 2 because i can't stand playing alone, never get to win because i get 4 ppl picking carriers and bragging all the time.

How can i get friends? D:

Quote Originally Posted by vicbattou View Post
    I need ppl to play dota 2 because i can't stand playing alone, never get to win because i get 4 ppl picking carriers and bragging all the time.

How can i get friends? D:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2pubs

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahahah the text "BY OUR POWERS COMBINED" "THE ION CANNON."

I peed a little.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

haha awesome

related
    exterminatus ^^