10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfury Treann View Post
    Rubick Rubick Rubick Rubick Rubick Rubick Rubick!
    Pain in the ass hero to balance... his basically having no cast time seems really hard to balance when he's played really well :/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Pain in the ass hero to balance... his basically having no cast time seems really hard to balance when he's played really well :/
    You counter rubick by picking heroes with shit spells and not getting xp. That way he cant steal good spells. Trust me I'm diamond
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    You counter rubick by picking heroes with shit spells and not getting xp. That way he cant steal good spells. Trust me I'm diamond
    Or by giving him rot / morph agility
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pff, there are no shit spells for Rubick, only shit Rubick players

Granted it's better to let him steal Anchor Smash instead of Ravage, but a good Rubick player will still make you wish he didn't have Anchor Smash. Honestly it only gets silly when Rubick steals a very strong skill (Ice Path and Purification/Repel being the best examples that immediately spring to mind) that's balanced pretty much purely by the original hero having a long windup animation associated with it. Since Rubick kind of twiddles his fingers and then the spell happens (basically instantly... I think the animation's like 0.10 sec), it mean Rubick totally ignores the balancing factor for that particular spell. It's less of a problem for spells that have the delay built into the spell itself (Light Strike Array, part of Split Earth, etc) rather than it just purely being based off of the hero's cast animation.

Though Rubick only reaches "okay, this is silly," levels when he's played really well, IMO. The nerf to Fade Bolt and move speed made him pretty well balanced for most players, I think. It's just when you see him played by someone that knows what they're doing (like the people that will use three or four different spells in a single clash and use all of them at the right time and in the right situation) that I get a "this seems kind of unfair..." feeling.

I still think Summon Spirit Bear is my favorite skill to steal, and really easy to get before Sylla gets a lot of levels (since it'll generally be his only active skill for several levels, and it's kind of easy to force him to cast it.) Killing Sylla through Entangle spam is immensely satisfying
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think Summon Spirit Bear is my favorite skill to steal, and really easy to get before Sylla gets a lot of levels (since it'll generally be his only active skill for several levels, and it's kind of easy to force him to cast it.) Killing Sylla through Entangle spam is immensely satisfying
    I remember playing with a friend Rubick, he stole hook from lvl 7 pudge. When we stacked on mid to push tower, he hooked 3 people in a row, while they pudge missed all his hooks. And i find stealing something unusual and making profit out of it is so much fun. Like tethering out of ganks, or TPing into the same spot nature prophet did and so on
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I remember playing with a friend Rubick, he stole hook from lvl 7 pudge. When we stacked on mid to push tower, he hooked 3 people in a row, while they pudge missed all his hooks. And i find stealing something unusual and making profit out of it is so much fun. Like tethering out of ganks, or TPing into the same spot nature prophet did and so on
    Rubick SD vs. Lina Something top.
    Make it a point to kill her with her own Laguna as often as possible (4-5+ times)

And yeah, few things are more satisfying than out-pudgeing a Pudge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Chasing Profit around the map with his own teleport sounds immensely fun.

Deleted
    i have like 10 Dota 2 copies i dont know if someone wants one message me on skype or Steam

Skype name: Saankie
    Steam Name: Dogue

The nerf to Fade Bolt and move speed made him pretty well balanced for most players, I think. It's just when you see him played by someone that knows what they're doing (like the people that will use three or four different spells in a single clash and use all of them at the right time and in the right situation) that I get a "this seems kind of unfair..." feeling.
    I think the whole way Dota is balanced can be summed up as "Unfair, but balanced"
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

I think the whole way Dota is balanced can be summed up as "Unfair, but balanced"
    Unfair is kinda strong word here. I wouldn't call current state of DotA as unfair.

I got spare rare Juggernaut mask and Sylvan Bow (uncommon) for Drow lying around. Anyone with BS weapons or Juggernaut kimono by any chance and wants to trade?

credits: Supernerd

The whole genre goes under "Perfect imbalance".

just had this awesome 51 minute-long game where i managed to go 14\2\23 as Medusa, basically all the game I farmed like a madman, but in the last 10 minutes, with Linken/phaseboots/manta/butterfly/skadi, I just autoattacked ,and tanked jakiro, Siren, Meepo, Witch Doc and Pugna at the same time with nothing to back me up besides Repel from Omniknight.
    She really shines when you can farm up good.

10+ Year Old Account
    only a bad team lets you farm THAT much

Deleted
    DotA is immensely infuriating but it's awesome. Find myself more often than not simply being in a team that feeds the opposition so I can barely even play a fair game for long. I'm fairly nooby myself only having played for about 6 hours but I grasp the basics. I don't really have a point I'm just rambling. Wanted to contribute. God Drow Ranger is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    only a bad team lets you farm THAT much
    well, dunno.
    they farmed my teammates pretty good tho.
    by the end of the game omni had something like 2\9, rubick - 3\9, phantom lancer 6\8 and traxex - 4\9 or such.
    Perhaps it was their mistake, didnt gank me at all, or I was pretty illusive, heh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    2\9, rubick - 3\9, phantom lancer 6\8 and traxex - 4\9 or such.
    I'm a dota newbie, what does all this notation mean?

Rubick! Rubick! Rubick! Rubick! Rubick!

Pff, there are no shit spells for Rubick, only shit Rubick players
    According to you, i'm a good Rubick!
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    I'm a dota newbie, what does all this notation mean?
    it means that my teammates, f.e. Rubick, had kill\death ratio of 2 kills to 9 deaths, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    well, dunno.
    they farmed my teammates pretty good tho.
    by the end of the game omni had something like 2\9, rubick - 3\9, phantom lancer 6\8 and traxex - 4\9 or such.
    Perhaps it was their mistake, didnt gank me at all, or I was pretty illusive, heh.
    Ugh, i hate when someone mentions KD, but not KDA. Usually, when playing omni, i feed kills to allied carry and end up with 0/6/20, but for everyone in my team, it is just 0/6