Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    I just hate when people default to "BUT THE PROOOOOOOS DO IT" or "BUT THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS IN MY SHITTY TOURNY STREAMS".
    I find it funny that as bad as "pros do it" is as an argument, it's still approximately 100 times more convincing than any "this works if your enemy is retarded" or whatever demeaning comment you can come up with. How can you live if you have to breathe the same air as all the 'retards' around you?

I'm not sure what else to say if you think trying to push a tower with the entire enemy team (or at least 4 of them) unaccounted for, especially if they have a Mirana and all you have is a gem is anything other than "retarded".

Because the fact that your team has to continually pay for true sight just to leave the base is a testament to the power of MLS. Even if she never uses it to change a team fight definitively, the fact that she forced you to waste gold is already a win. If this were a hero like SA or Clinkz I might agree, but PotM also has a fantastic escape, a solid AoE nuke, and a stun, so her invisibility is not a liability, only a strength.

Not to mention that she can save allies from ganks whenever she is level 6, unless you want to buy dust for all 5 members of her team just because she exists. Again, that's money you are spending that she is not.

I'm not sure what else to say if you think trying to push a tower with the entire enemy team (or at least 4 of them) unaccounted for, especially if they have a Mirana and all you have is a gem is anything other than "retarded".
    yeah i wonder to why people even bother with smoke

do you stream ? i would love to watch some non-retarded games
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-02-12 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Because the fact that your team has to continually pay for true sight just to leave the base is a testament to the power of MLS. Even if she never uses it to change a team fight definitively, the fact that she forced you to waste gold is already a win. If this were a hero like SA or Clinkz I might agree, but PotM also has a fantastic escape, a solid AoE nuke, and a stun, so her invisibility is not a liability, only a strength.

Not to mention that she can save allies from ganks whenever she is level 6, unless you want to buy dust for all 5 members of her team just because she exists. Again, that's money you are spending that she is not.
    Whoa, now you're just pulling what I said into something completely different.

Never did I mention anything about the ultimate when it came to simply laning, or escaping (in fact I've done nothing but mention it can be used mid-team fight now and for setting ganks up). All we were talking about was whether or not it gets countered by vision, and the obvious answer is, "Yes, if the enemy has stealth detection, that will cut down the effectiveness of the ultimate."

You're also trying to mention things about the hero in general, as if I'm saying stealth detection completely counters her hero entirely/that she isn't a good hero, which you're just blatantly pulling out of your ass at this point.

We also got into a discussion about whether or not Mirana ult was going to help much if the enemy was blindly pushing and not paying attention to the you or your teammates and the obvious answer is, "Not really. It can help, but if you're enemy is just going to brainlessly set themselves up for you, Mirana ultimate won't really make or break anything, unless the enemy team has some level or CC advantage over you that the stealth would help counter."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    yeah i wonder to why people even bother with smoke
    For the awesome music, obviously.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Hey Jimbo, long time no see.

Good to see you're as bright and cheery as usual.

so to sum it up : Mirana is nothing special, her ult is mediocre at best and has no influence at all.
    amidoinitrite?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    so to sum it up : Mirana is nothing special, her ult is mediocre at best and has no influence at all.
    amidoinitrite?
    Mirana is a beast in pubs.. She can snowball so fast. You just need to be good with the arrows

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Mirana is a beast in pubs.. She can snowball so fast. You just need to be good with the arrows
    Pff, you can just arrow them at point blank for damage and follow it up with a starfall and that alone will nearly kill most people

Hmm... I'm wondering about a push-focused Mirana that skips maxing arrow for faster leap... Drums + Leap is 31% IAS. Maybe go for Mjollnir right after for better push, or Necrobook?
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2013-02-12 at 11:33 AM.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

One thing though; why play Mirana, when you can play Luna, run around glaiving stuff to death and get a hold of DAT ASS.

Well okay, Luna's accent is incredibly annoying, but still. Perfect bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Pff, you can just arrow them at point blank for damage
    ;_; and cry when arrows passes through enemy because you were too close

Mirana isn't as effective in dota 2 because of the lack of arrow -> jump, and the inability to shoot arrows backwards. I'm not certain, but I do not think they will be adding it to dota 2, despite things like pudge+chen combo staying.

Edit: I wonder if the last patch (ability to cancel spell animation backswings) changed that. Backwards arrow still wouldn't be possible, but that's a pretty small thing.
    Last edited by Longview; 2013-02-12 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    despite things like pudge+chen combo staying.
    chen pudge did not exist in dota 1

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    One thing though; why play Mirana, when you can play Luna, run around glaiving stuff to death and get a hold of DAT ASS.

Nooova Noooovaa

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    What is the difference between Lothar/SB and Buriza/Daedalus? Why would you mind one but not the other? And really, as long as everyone knows what they are talking about, why should we care if they prefer to call items or heroes by their old name? Alot of people still use Guinsoos for Scythe or Panda for Brewmaster
    Because so many people DONT know what people are talking about. Loads of people who play Dota 2 didn't play Dota 1 - me included. Having to try and decipher what people mean when they are speaking about Dota 2 is annoying. Hell I have a friend who played the original dota but hadn't played in a few years and even he dislikes their old names being used when playing Dota 2, it's unnecessary and just makes communicating difficult. When I play with real life friends they are all new to Dota 2, when I play with online friends (because of my experience and zeal they are all veterans), they all use the old names. It's just annoying to have to switch between them. Dota 2 names should be used in Dota 2, and Dota 1 names in Dota.

What is the different between Lothar and SB? Shadow Blade is a description of what it is, not a colloquial name, the same as Bounty Hunter. A Bounty Hunter is an actual thing, not a colloquial name like Steve, Kate or Ashley (or indeed Gondar).

Both Daedalus and Buriza are colloquial names, not descriptive names like SB and BH and are not easily swapped between particularly for people new to Dota and indeed between those who just don't see why people have to call them things they are not. For example: Dirge and Undying. Undying is descriptive (and an apt description at that), Dirge is colloquial. Death Prophet and Krobelus, Furion and Natures Prophet (now Tequoia btw). If someone uses the word "Gondar" for bh, my new to dota2 friends understand because they see Bounty Hunter as a descriptive name, and Gondar as his actual name. This is common in English, like calling your Doctor "Doctor" instead of "Gareth" or your Teacher "Teacher or Miss or Sir" instead of "Mrs Smith".

In answer to your question, whats the difference? I have explained it twice now, Why would I mind one and not the other? Because it is confusing. Names are supposed to be used to provide identity - so that they can be recognized, having 2 names that are not shared by everyone in the community makes them more difficult to recognize. And as you say "as long as everyone knows what they are talking about" - this is not the case, not everyone knows what they are talking about.

I don't know anyone who calls scythe or guinsoos, most people say hex, sheep or sheepstick.

Why should we care? Because we are communicating confusingly when we could communicate with much more ease.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    I wouldn't touch BF with Gondar, and it's more farm-oriented for Juggernaut, but it's a decent core item on Phantom Assassin.
    Eh, the only people who can make BF core are Enigma, DS, Mag and (enemy) PL.

I wouldn't call "Battle Fury only has a CHANCE to cleave" a solid argument either considering IceFrog has RNG shoved so far up his ass he pisses Blizzard Interns. What I mean is, you're picking the wrong game to bring up a "It's just a random chance, though!".
    Uhh, as far as I'm aware, BFury cleaves on all attacks, she's talking about the chance of enemies being dumb and grouping up, not some IceFrog-induced parameter.

I have to agree with what Sackman said. I had no idea what Buriza was, it sounds like something out of Dragonball. Still not sure if I know what it is.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, but she ain't no WR. Dem hips.

I dunno. Luna's really fun but I always get reaaaaaaalllly hyper-aggressive on her and end up suiciding for first blood (or just plain suiciding) a lot. I dunno, I think it's because she's ranged and 330 ms and I forget she has paper armor and think I can tank a couple of tower hits like I'm playing Panda or something.

I have to agree with what Sackman said. I had no idea what Buriza was, it sounds like something out of Dragonball. Still not sure if I know what it is.
    http://www.playdota.com/items/buriza-do-kyanon