Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Huh? Shadow Blade good item.
    I'm pretty sure I was the ONLY person arguing that in this thread half a year ago, you can understand the irony that people say it's a good item now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I'm pretty sure I was the ONLY person arguing that in this thread half a year ago, you can understand the irony that people say it's a good item now.
    omfg dust counters shadowblade noob
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    omfg dust counters shadowblade noob
    but you deny them 180 gold a minute if you have a Lothars Edge))
    legit tactics

10+ Year Old Account
    Love it when I decide to not play support for once in like 15 games, so I pick TA. Naturally everyone on my team picks carry, and clinkz spam calls mid. I try to tell him why I need to be mid, but ofc it falls on deaf ears. Naturally he dies 5 times in 5 minutes, blames everyone for not ganking mid and just plays shit the rest of the game. I wonder why I solo queue, I really do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Alchemist has been picked or banned occasionally for a while now http://dota-academy.com/hero/64/
    Wasn't it mostly by Mouz as a support though?

I know this is dota 2 thread and I felt like this didn't need a new thread topic but has anyone seen this badass comeback video?

I've never seen a more pro invoker. Yes, other team did sorta suck (especially nort) but you have to admit, voker carried his own weight including his own team.

I've played dota 2 for a few months now but I have yet encountered a mega creeps win >< And not as especially this long. Closest thing I've been to so far was both teams having megacreeps but game would end like 40 seconds

how bout u guys?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    I've never seen a more pro invoker.
    Judging skill by tiny clips like that, you could go on youtube and find millions of people who are just as good as that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Judging skill by tiny clips like that, you could go on youtube and find millions of people who are just as good as that guy.
    6+ minutes is a pretty good gauge if you ask me. The entire game was 69 min. He went up against megacreeps around the hour mark and held the base down for almost 10 minutes. thats a long time against megacreeps when you dont have any yourself. Their spectre wasn't all that well geared either

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    6+ minutes is a pretty good gauge if you ask me. The entire game was 69 min. He went up against megacreeps around the hour mark and held the base down for almost 10 minutes. thats a long time against megacreeps when you dont have any yourself. Their spectre wasn't all that well geared either
    I'm gonna go ahead and put 300 minutes as my minimum and we'll just agree to disagree.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/174950241
    Next level Invoker picker makes Furion picker mad.

Also, coming back from megas is difficult mainly because their creeps will level your base instantly and few heroes that aren't absurdly fed can defend against them solo. You're already leaving someone behind so a fight at their base versus megas is already 4v5 and you're probably not way ahead in gold or you wouldn't be in this situation. Most of these wins will come from the enemy making mistakes and wiping in your base without buybacks and you just managing to destroy their base before they can respawn. I've certainly had games that should've been wins but ended up losses because we committed to a game ending team fight, traded 4 for 5 and they have their 3 toughest heroes buyback while we have 90 second spawn timers and the base is gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvayra View Post
    How do you watch replays ?
    Go to the watch tab, filter it up, pick a game and hope Valve still has it on their servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/174950241
    Next level Invoker picker makes Furion picker mad.

Also, coming back from megas is difficult mainly because their creeps will level your base instantly and few heroes that aren't absurdly fed can defend against them solo. You're already leaving someone behind so a fight at their base versus megas is already 4v5 and you're probably not way ahead in gold or you wouldn't be in this situation. Most of these wins will come from the enemy making mistakes and wiping in your base without buybacks and you just managing to destroy their base before they can respawn. I've certainly had games that should've been wins but ended up losses because we committed to a game ending team fight, traded 4 for 5 and they have their 3 toughest heroes buyback while we have 90 second spawn timers and the base is gone.
    Yea, spawn timers make or break the game pretty much. I remember way back before they were implemented, sometimes 2v5 was literally impossible to end because the 2 toughest heroes would have enough gold to keep buying back.

Deleted
    Oh yea .. figured it out and deleted the post didn't think anyone would reply in a minute :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    Love it when I decide to not play support for once in like 15 games, so I pick TA. Naturally everyone on my team picks carry, and clinkz spam calls mid. I try to tell him why I need to be mid, but ofc it falls on deaf ears. Naturally he dies 5 times in 5 minutes, blames everyone for not ganking mid and just plays shit the rest of the game. I wonder why I solo queue, I really do.
    I had a fun game a couple days ago where the enemy team picked five carries in RD; maybe technically four since they had a Magnus (but he needs at least a little farm to get manaboots and blink to do his job) and their Huskar and Drow were talking shit about their teammates in allchat as we were pushing rax, about how their team is shit and etc etc etc... said Huskar and Drow were last picks for their team, there were still at least three or four respectable supports available in hero pool, their team already had three carries, etc...

Really, some people just need to be dragged out of their little caves and be beaten with sticks until they start acting like humans and not monkeys. Had two losing games yesterday where our team fucked up in playstyle and lost, and yet both games were I think pretty fun for all players involved with exception of the ubiquitous douchebag/whiny bitch that seems to be a constant in every game of Dota (typically the worst player in the game.) First game, enemy team had more carries and our Anti-Mage didn't know how to farm for shit despite our team basically handing him the game on a silver platter (I solo killed Shadow Fiend mid as Kunkka three times before 10 mins, and then went on to gank their Drow and Syllabear 2-3 times each, and AM had Bfury at 16 mins... was still lvl 15 when Sylla was 22 and I was 21); even as we were steadily losing the fight against mega creeps, everyone on our team was calmly pointing out what he could've done to improve his farm, and congratulating him on things he was doing right.

Second game, we had a team that was pretty good for aggressive pushing play but short on really strong carries (just me as Juggy.) We failed to play to our strengths, eventually lost because enemy team had more/better carries (seriously, figgity fuck Gyro), and we were laughing the entire time, having fun. We congratulated enemy team when they made good plays, they congratulated us for good plays, everyone had a good time.

I swear yesterday I fell into the Twilight Zone of pub Dota or something, it was fucking uncanny. It's surprising how fun Dota is when everyone's being civil and treating each other like human fucking beings, even when you're losing.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Nothing like a DOTA game in the morning, doing happy warding and ganking, you lead with 10 kills, the enemy carry died quite often, yours died only once......and you lose.

35 Min Battlefury with freefarm on botlane as AM. The enemy team had a pretty good laugh when they noticed. Even their shutdown carry had more stuff. We lost at the 65 minute mark when even our terrible enemies slowly leeched farm together. There comes a point where you just need your carry with stuff. And there was nothing.

Dota should keep track of peoples abilities to lasthit and disable every hardcarry for autoattackers who are unable to do it. I mean it must be very hard to not die 30 minutes and not have battlefury. I think I have to watch replay just to see how this is possible.

Just watched it: Sick 27 Lasthits at the 30 minute mark.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2013-04-19 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    That makes me cry. I feel your pain. I had an awesome game as Kunkka... killed Shadow Fiend solo mid three times, then went and ganked Drow top and Sylla jungle two or three times each, our AM had his Bfury at like 16-17 mins... and still had no items/XP, even fewer than the enemy carries we spent all game ganking.

The guy playing AM was a newbie, though, and he was pretty nice, so I didn't really mind. I hope yours wasn't an asshole... hate people like that.

so guys, what's your guess on the next hero?
    And is it true that Legion Commander is gonna be a chick?)

Deleted
    I am sure than the next ported hero will be Elder Titan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Ouch. Probably doesn't know what lasthitting is. In fact, I'd be more surprised if he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do pubs have this weird fascination of running into a bad engagement and then blame the one or two teammates not stupid enough to run into the rape pit with them? It's even better when they pick a fight, knowing their major teamfight hero isn't present, and then blame said absent hero for their dying.

Playing Tree, pushing out top lane, don't have a tp because I'm carrying two stacks of wards. My team explicitly mentions I'm top and need to come Radiant bot to help defend rax. I already saw it coming, stomping my way down there as fast as I can... and they deliberately engage the enemy team uphill in the direction of Radiant t2 bot tower. I get there halfway through the fight, we wipe their team after losing half of ours... and the Lycan that was 20 seconds ago asking me to come bot to help defend, we can't possibly fight without you, immediately begins raging at me for his death.

And this happened like four more times in the same game.