Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    He's been awful in every one I've seen. Battle Hunger isn't that great without a level advantage and since he's melee, he's not likely to get it. Spin is only really good at low levels with creeps punching you to proc it, and trying to chase after heroes with creeps on you seems to just end up with Axe getting stunned and blasted into pieces by the enemy tri.
    unless...EARLY ROSHAN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP8fTe87Ecc

Fun game to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I've wondered why Sylla form is almost never used past lvl 6, though; assuming they don't have a hero like Batrider or Wisp who can cornhole you before you can switch forms, I don't understand why you'd wander around in bear form the entire game when ranged form is probably better DPS most of the time, and moves very fast with Rabid up.
    there are many many many other ways to catch out a hero without Bat or Wisp...
    Last edited by OscaR; 2013-04-26 at 09:26 AM.

N'aix is probably down in popularity now that people are starting to learn that if you just force staff his open wounds target away from him he's useless. Same issue with epicenter, except the most hilarious part of epicenter is that you can just force staff Sand King himself after he blinks and he does zero damage.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-04-26 at 09:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Video of part of the Korean dubbing process for DOTA 2. Sounds good so far, and the Korean locale may not be that far off!
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post

Video of part of the Korean dubbing process for DOTA 2. Sounds good so far, and the Korean locale may not be that far off!
    haha EPIC!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    haha EPIC!
    Valve also made a deal with Nexon to handle a future Japanese locale for DOTA 2, as well as handling the Korean locale. The voice-overs for both of those locales be epic indeed.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

They better add a Japanese locale :3

Axe isn't bad on a trilane unless you're someone like Dread who cans the entire game by skilling Battle Hunger at level 1. All you need is a lane that doesn't suck at being aggressive and Axe can put major pressure on melee carries and even enable you to creepskip entire waves with impunity. Nor does his pub success depend on enemies sitting around in Culling Blade range. All you need to do is to understand how good Axe is on a lane and how he should be leaving jungle to pressure lanes at no later than level 3.

And Sylla really isn't that good. He excels when his enemy are behind and don't have damage to harm him or lack the coordination to kill him, but that big bear is just a big creep when you focus him down properly. And the small bear can be negated just by applying some HH or Eul's when he pops Battle Cry. Someone could link that old clip where Dendi plays Tinker and makes Sylla completely useless by spamming Rearm Eul's on the bear between his other spells. If they nerf Sylla again in a way that isn't very minor, like when they put an on-damage cooldown on bears TP, there's a good chance he won't be seen again for a good while. Much like Sand King there's a good chance Syllas newfound popularity will fade soon enough, though with 6.78 coming in the near future it might not just be out of natural causes if people have managed to cry loudly enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Axe isn't bad on a trilane unless you're someone like Dread who cans the entire game by skilling Battle Hunger at level 1. All you need is a lane that doesn't suck at being aggressive and Axe can put major pressure on melee carries and even enable you to creepskip entire waves with impunity. Nor does his pub success depend on enemies sitting around in Culling Blade range. All you need to do is to understand how good Axe is on a lane and how he should be leaving jungle to pressure lanes at no later than level 3.
    To be honest I'm starting to think it's not even worth jungling Axe because he's so good in lane. Throw BH on someone and when they walk up to get a last hit, just start swinging at them - even if they wipe off BH, they probably ate a spin, so they take tons of damage anyway. I guess the only downside is that this pushes the hell out of the lane since spin is weedwhacking creeps down, but you could probably just combo that with like a Leshrac and just take towers instead.

And Sylla really isn't that good. He excels when his enemy are behind and don't have damage to harm him or lack the coordination to kill him, but that big bear is just a big creep when you focus him down properly. And the small bear can be negated just by applying some HH or Eul's when he pops Battle Cry. Someone could link that old clip where Dendi plays Tinker and makes Sylla completely useless by spamming Rearm Eul's on the bear between his other spells. If they nerf Sylla again in a way that isn't very minor, like when they put an on-damage cooldown on bears TP, there's a good chance he won't be seen again for a good while. Much like Sand King there's a good chance Syllas newfound popularity will fade soon enough, though with 6.78 coming in the near future it might not just be out of natural causes if people have managed to cry loudly enough.
    I'm still surprised Tinker stopped being first-pick material. I guess it's because of really powerful mids like TA and Batrider being put into the game (though I don't think I've seen a mid Bat in a while), but he's such a strong hero when you can stack and farm properly like a pro can... having like a 3 second cooldown on most items is so stupidly good when you have the APM to manage them along with your spells.

I still maintain that people aren't playing Sylla to his maximum capability. I don't think there's a problem with making the hero weak if you don't have high APM, but strong if you do. Aren't Visage and Meepo already that way?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Valve also made a deal with Nexon to handle a future Japanese locale for DOTA 2, as well as handling the Korean locale. The voice-overs for both of those locales be epic indeed.
    ohmygod japanese locale *.*,too much awesome!

Well at least the Korean locale sounded good... from what I heard a large part of the Chinese voice overs had to be re-made because apparently their quality was shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Well at least the Korean locale sounded good... from what I heard a large part of the Chinese voice overs had to be re-made because apparently their quality was shit.
    thats interesting to know,chinese doesn't sound very epic to me,but if there's a way to check it out i'll try to put my game in chinese then

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 02:48 AM ----------

if some heroes can't be used in pro games because they're too op why can't this be the same with random matchmaking?
    some heroes just ruin the game in pub games,just had a game with an enemy np,and it's just too much for a pub team to deal with.
    heroes like drow,np,perhaps troll warlord maybe shouldn't be available in pub games.
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2013-04-27 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    if some heroes can't be used in pro games because they're too op why can't this be the same with random matchmaking?
    some heroes just ruin the game in pub games,just had a game with an enemy np,and it's just too much for a pub team to deal with.
    heroes like drow,np,maybe troll warlord maybe shouldn't be available in pub games.
    What would even be the point of having those heroes then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    What would even be the point of having those heroes then?
    Pick them to ride free wins into a higher MMR bracket?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

I'm still baffled that there are people who actually WANT to play Drow Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Why shouldn't they? It's a great hero for starters - I advised it to all my friends when I invited them to Dota. Also, it's actually quite versatile. When me and my friends are tired of "try hard" games we usually start doing some stupid shit like carry SD or carry CM, and Drow proved to be a solid lane support in such games. Of course, I don't think anyone will ever use Drow like that on pro level, but we're pub players, so who cares? If it's fun - do it.

chinese client available and beta starting in two hours or so

it begins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    She's still a wonderful hero if the enemy team isn't organized/doesn't pick heroes that counter her. Picking her at high levels would be dumb, but at the normal MMR bracket or lower, she's still a solid pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... who else is going?
    http://www.dota2.com/tournaments/int.../announcement/

Went last year, was a blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Can't wait to see some blink storms and armlet rhastas and dagon tuskarrs and MoM bradwardens @ TI3

Oh and meepo, lots and lots of meepo.