A + left click (assuming A is your "attack" key) them when they're low health, it's not the same as last hitting enemy creeps because right clicking your own lane creeps causes you to follow them.

They have to be < 50% for you to be able to attack them, iirc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    A+Click (assuming A is your "attack" key) on them when they're low health, it's not the same as last hitting enemy creeps because right clicking your lane creeps makes you follow them. They have to be < 50% for you to be able to attack them, iirc.
    Oh. Zefie said that but I thought he was talking about tou hou or something.

But I don't have any key selected on A so I'm not sure if that's actually going to work.

I guess I'll see when I try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Oh. Zefie said that but I thought he was talking about tou hou or something.

But I don't have any key selected on A so I'm not sure if that's actually going to work.

I guess I'll see when I try it.
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=337793

Code:
    dota_force_right_click_attack
    Description: Can now right-click to deny creeps
    Example: dota_force_right_click_attack "1"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=337793

Code:
    dota_force_right_click_attack
    Oh. That's pretty neat. Thanks.

Noticed it lists range_finger variants in that guide. Wasn't it disabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Noticed it lists range_finger variants in that guide. Wasn't it disabled?
    yeah
    probably guide was not updated "recently"

wait
    i think range finder for spells still works

xp/blink ring was disabled?

can anyone confirm? it all works in custom game i dont have time right now to get into proper match ;/
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-09-09 at 02:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    yeah

xp/blink ring was disabled?

can anyone confirm? it all works in custom game i dont have time right now to get into proper match ;/
    Pretty sure it was yeah, i used to use it for pudge but then it stopped working .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Ohgoddonthurtmeitsajoke
    After watching five or so of Lysah's games, I can say with confidence that she is about 50/50 The Jew and The Animal. Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    which one are you
    I'm probably a mix between "The Level Headed Guy" and "The guy who constantly taunts everyone". Most of the time I just play the game, but if someone is trolling on the other team or someone is absolutely terrible on our team I have a hard time not speaking up.

I strive to be calm and kind, but sometimes you get cunts who feel the need to call you out for a game going absolutely horrible for you already. Then it's time to taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Ohgoddonthurtmeitsajoke
    After watching five or so of Lysah's games, I can say with confidence that she is about 50/50 The Jew and The Animal. Definitely.
    yarite, I'm obviously the level-headed guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep getting disconnected and getting

"no steam login" I had to abandon a game because of this crap. I'll be penalized for it of course cause DAT PUNISHMENT BRO
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Is Satanic a good item for carries like Sniper? As a third or fourth item.

I would worry about Satanic as a choice on Sniper, because if you're the one who has to tank for your team you will probably lose the game long before you can complete it.

Is Satanic a good item for carries like Sniper? As a third or fourth item.
    like most things in dota it depends

it depends on what other items you have: if you have already built survival items (BKB, Heart, Vanguard, Manta Style, etc), it may be a better idea to build something that will give you more damage. if you find yourself stunned every time there's a clash, a BKB might be better.
    it depends on what heroes you are playing with, and which ones you are playing against: does your team lack crowd control? sheepstick, abyssal blade, basher (if you are melee), cyclone, etc. might be better options. does your team allow you to stand back and attack, and you don't need to manfight an enemy carry? there are better damage items than satanic.
    it also depends a bit on how ahead or behind you are: if you are ahead by a lot, satanic might be overkill for survival. if you have a lot of cash, and don't have an orb effect, you could get an eye of skadi instead. it gives you 250hp+mana, 25 agi, and 25 int more than satanic, for almost five hundred gold less. you also get a slow that goes through magic immunity, and you can still stack it with lifesteal if you're a ranged hero. if you're behind, buying cheaper items is more efficient because cheaper items give more stats per gold.

as long as you don't get perma-cc'd in teamfights, satanic is a fantastic item for survival (especially when the enemy also has a fed carry hero)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I would worry about Satanic as a choice on Sniper, because if you're the one who has to tank for your team you will probably lose the game long before you can complete it.
    What kind of items would I get them? Only one I can think of right now is bloodstone or a part of it, the one that gives mana + hp. That should be great for survivability plus mana due to his ulti, no?

I usually build just a Ring of Aquila and I'm usually fine in terms of mana through out the entire game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    it depends on what other items you have: if you have already built survival items (BKB, Heart, Vanguard, Manta Style, etc), it may be a better idea to build something that will give you more damage. if you find yourself stunned every time there's a clash, a BKB might be better.
    I usually go for a Ring of Aquila and rush Yasha after or boots upgrades(Phase/Treads) first then Yasha followed by a Maelstrom.

Also, if I'm getting stunned all the time I go for a BKB instead? Wouldn't a survivability item be better or BKB for more damage over a shorter period of time before I die? Assuming I plan on dying due to cc or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    it also depends a bit on how ahead or behind you are: if you are ahead by a lot, satanic might be overkill for survival. if you have a lot of cash, and don't have an orb effect, you could get an eye of skadi instead. it gives you 250hp+mana, 25 agi, and 25 int more than satanic, for almost five hundred gold less. you also get a slow that goes through magic immunity, and you can still stack it with lifesteal if you're a ranged hero. if you're behind, buying cheaper items is more efficient because cheaper items give more stats per gold.
    Never took Eye of Skadi into account but yeah, looks better than Satanic. I was just interested in Satanic because of the life steal and I just understood that's a UAM and I still don't understand if that works well with other UAM like Maelstrom or Drow's Q(that's an UAM, right)?

As for my games, I am usually not behind when I'm playing Sniper since it's pretty close in comparison to some adc champs in LoL so I have no problems with him, only with other champions. Even so, this is low level games, I mean, I just started. I was expecting to lose a lot of games but I only lost two out of 8 so far... I'm going to assume for a little longer that I won't stay behind in terms of gold in games unless I play a champion I'm a total scrub at.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-09-10 at 12:53 AM.

What kind of items would I get them? Only one I can think of right now is bloodstone or a part of it, the one that gives mana + hp. That should be great for survivability plus mana due to his ulti, no?
    Manta, Skadi, Bfly, MKB, daedalus/BKB, boots typical build. I almost always get Manta first and then go maelstrom > skadi depending on how badly I need more health. I don't like BKB on Sniper for the same reason as Satanic (if you have to rely on it to save you from enemy spells because your team can't get in the way enough you're on your way to a loss anyway) but you definitely need it for some games so you don't eat 2500 damage OD ults and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I keep getting disconnected and getting "no steam login" I had to abandon a game because of this crap.
    I was getting that last night as well, I nearly got an abandon, but my PC was faster to load in than that of the Spectre on the other team so they wound up running out of disconnect time before I did. I just restarted after that game and it went away though.

Sometimes I wonder why I get matched with people who are obviously not as good as me. I am not good, I am pretty average at best, but some people are clearly not my level.
    Me and a friend just played some pubs. Enemy has the typical 4 hard / 1 semi carry setup. We have no hard carry at all. Obviously we go for an early push strat. And now breaking news:
    According to my dear enemies: Its against the rules to push this early. We have no hard carry at all so its our fault in picking stage and we are not allowed to win. Pushing this early is cheating because their team can hardly do anything to defend against that. Thats not balanced. He will report us for abusing the system.

Faldric: I wonder the exact same thing. I, like you, am average at best, but the game pairs me with players like a Weaver I got the other day who spoke no English (on USE) and went Boots of Speed -> Vanguard -> Daedulus with no other items in between.

Although I must admit, "it's against the rules to push this early" is one I've never heard before.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-09-10 at 02:36 PM.