TB has a stupid amount of kill potential in Metamorphosis, especially since Reflection is a pretty darn huge slow. It's kinda crazy if you combo an added illusion to go with it. Assuming you've got some setup disable from your lane you can kill pretty much anyone anywhere.

There's a rumour about a new patch coming in next week.
    Dubai servers and Techies are coming says the rumour.

https://twitter.com/LDdota/status/458411878646292481

And someone points the obvious:

https://twitter.com/The_Zett/status/458501469394980864

Nothing confirmed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Doesn't anyone else get these aha-moments when they play Dota 2 and face a good player with a good hero? Like: "Aha, that's how the hero is supposed to be played. Damn, that's annoying to play against".
    i had one this weekend when draskyl wrecked me as clockwerk with his mid omni carry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithgroth View Post
    There's a rumour about a new patch coming in next week.
    Dubai servers and Techies are coming says the rumour.

https://twitter.com/LDdota/status/458411878646292481

And someone points the obvious:

https://twitter.com/The_Zett/status/458501469394980864

Nothing confirmed yet.
    I hope the unconfirmed new model for SF is coming with items to the hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    arab servers and a hero that can suicide bomb? woah

I really hoped Techies would never be in. This is gona destroy matchmaking so badly, its gona be like invoker now, except as long as you can emp into a tornado you are useful even if you suck. Techies on the other hand, i can already see all the 4v5 im gona be played when i queue solo. I hope most techies i play are on the other team.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2014-04-23 at 03:10 AM.

Enemy picks Techies? Just pick an illusion hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Enemy picks Techies? Just pick an illusion hero.
    Its what im saying, i hope only my enemy teams picks him lol.

I love Techies because it requires an unique way to approach to the game.
    The hero always depends on your ability to pull the unexpected, and it's a really satisfying thing to see people raging at you. If you are just dropping mines to rune/common ward spots, you are a bad Techies and probably should try something else. The same applies to any other hero in the game.

I just hate when people with no experience just rush to get the new hero after every single major patch. I absolutely loved Techies back in my Dota days but the game will be unplayable for a few days/weeks when he is introduced.

And Techies must be the only hero that can't really be countered. (Inb4 gem omgwtf, enjoy being forcestaff'd to them)

It'll be a savior against this cursed, no skill, rush push rat meta.
    Last edited by Mithgroth; 2014-04-23 at 04:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Techies because it requires an unique way to approach to the game.
    The hero always depends on your ability to pull the unexpected, and it's a really satisfying thing to see people raging at you. If you are just dropping mines to rune/common ward spots, you are a bad Techies and probably should try something else. The same applies to any other hero in the game.

I just hate when people with no experience just rush to get the new hero after every single major patch. I absolutely loved Techies back in my Dota days but the game will be unplayable for a few days/weeks when he is introduced.

And Techies must be the only hero that can't really be countered. (Inb4 gem omgwtf, enjoy being forcestaff'd to them)
    He can be countered. It's just the most clever player can own face with Techies. I doubt he'll do very good in high ranks.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Turning around hard counter to force staff.
    And I always stick by Doom counters all. The ult and the hero. (I know he really doesn't, but Doom is a great ult)

Except Clockwerk. Because it's Clockwerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    If rumor is true. Starting to feel really excited ^_^ But it probably won't. Lame.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as you guys talk about TB. I just played a game as him. Radiant safe lane. Vs clockwerk. He was obviously going to try kill me. Meta and slowed him. First blood in seconds.

I also won the game. Sunder is stupid.

I was 1v4, with bkb on cooldown. Getting bashed to shit. Sunder, full health. Killed two, the others retreated.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2014-04-23 at 04:58 AM.

To be fair, TB can be quite scarry even early if he pops his ult - and by his ult I mean Metamorphosis. His (real) ult can be easily handled by not walking into his melee range or bursting/nuking him down when he's getting low.

I'm plenty more scared of Ember Spirit these days though.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    I'd rather go against TB than a handful of other hard carries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    To be fair, TB can be quite scarry even early if he pops his ult - and by his ult I mean Metamorphosis. His (real) ult can be easily handled by not walking into his melee range or bursting/nuking him down when he's getting low.

I'm plenty more scared of Ember Spirit these days though.
    Both will be nerfed anyway.

I don't think Ember needs nerfs, people don't know what to do against him. They will learn and he will become balanced simply because of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I don't think Ember needs nerfs, people don't know what to do against him. They will learn and he will become balanced simply because of time.
    1 shotting support with 2 items is plain retarded, add that to the fact that he is a stupidly fast farmer and is a pain in the arse to gank.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    1 shotting support with 2 items is plain retarded, add that to the fact that he is a stupidly fast farmer and is a pain in the arse to gank.
    Worst thing about this hero is that he has to be counterpicked. But any natural Orchid carrier (Clinkz/QoP/Ghost Walk Invoker) or Riki can wreck him because he'll prolly have less than 1k HP until 1 hour into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    I'd rather go against TB than a handful of other hard carries.
    Chronosphere (and Song of the Siren to a certain extent) is way more retarded than anything TB can pull off.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Alliance vs Rox in D2L just now HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA. Watch last 15min. Hilarious.

Incoming Blink Slark in pubs ªª

Ember is hard to kill but his damage is spread over all 4 of his abilities. He is not likely to be a huge threat until late mid game and he can't just farm because he will get out carried by hypers. His ganks are strong but you can't gank and farm at the same time. Next time level 9 ember comes to kill you just melt flame shield and he will do no damage.

What makes him op is his map presence and ability to go in and out of fights constantly. Even late game he is only scary to supports, but so are all carrys. Try being dazzle against 4 slotted storm.