10+ Year Old Account
    man i hate when my team has a natures profit, what a completely fucking useless hero at low mmrs. sit in jungle until game is lost then complain is so common

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    man i hate when my team has a natures profit, what a completely fucking useless hero at low mmrs. sit in jungle until game is lost then complain is so common
    Probably one of the best heroes at low MMR because

1)none really ganks early
    2)the offlane guy still gets quite a lot of farm/experience
    3)people fail at buying tps to stop split pushes

The only way I could imagine a NP failing to work at low MMR is if the team he is on feeds like no tomorrow instead of playing defensively.

At least he is in the jungle, its worse when they sit in the cliff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post

The only way I could imagine a NP failing to work at low MMR is if the team he is on feeds like no tomorrow instead of playing defensively.
    what solo laners are you playing with at 3k mmr that dont feed the entire laning phase? when i see a np its he gets complete shit farm, the solo feeds and then we lose in 25 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    what solo laners are you playing with at 3k mmr that dont feed the entire laning phase? when i see a np its he gets complete shit farm, the solo feeds and then we lose in 25 minutes
    At 3k mmr it's much more often that the easy lane feeds the off laner than the other way around, 'cause I R ANTIMAEG MUST FARM CREEPS UNDER ENEMY TOWR AGAINST TIMBERSAW, followed by OMG MID NO SS/OMG NOOB SUPPORT/INVOKER RETARD NO GANK.

Bellow a certain MMR, or to be precise, until you start playing against tri-lanes with 2 really good and active supports, the off lane is not the "hard lane", but just another free farm lane, which is the main reason why Weaver and Slark are probably the 2 strongest heroes to off lane with at 3k MMR (and at the same time the main reason why you'll probably get called a noob if you try to go farm safe line with those 2 heroes).

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    At least he is in the jungle, its worse when they sit in the cliff.
    Cliff jungling is not that bad, but if they go Midas first item on top of that, that's just going full retard.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2014-05-22 at 01:30 AM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    At 3k mmr it's much more often that the easy lane feeds the off laner than the other way around, 'cause I R ANTIMAEG MUST FARM CREEPS UNDER ENEMY TOWR AGAINST TIMBERSAW, followed by OMG MID NO SS/OMG NOOB SUPPORT/INVOKER RETARD NO GANK.

Bellow a certain MMR, or to be precise, until you start playing against tri-lanes with 2 really good and active supports, the off lane is not the "hard lane", but just another free farm lane, which is the main reason why Weaver and Slark are probably the 2 strongest heroes to off lane with at 3k MMR (and at the same time the main reason why you'll probably get called a noob if you try to go farm safe line with those 2 heroes).

Cliff jungling is not that bad, but if they go Midas first item on top of that, that's just going full retard.
    Well i guess i need to be in your guys 3k mmr games because i can say that the offlaner almost NEVER breaks even in my bracket never mind feeding the shit outta the safe lane LOL. This is the greatest thing i have ever heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post

He is worst because he steals all jungle spawns, doesn't pull creeps from lane to deny them and blocks our creeps spawns with treants who he forgot to move away. Also, destroying trees makes it hard to juke in our jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're pulling lane creeps to through the jungle, don't deny the lane creeps. If the neutral creeps kill them the enemy heroes will get no experience at all, whereas if you deny them, they will get the standard deny experience. In stead, they'll just share the neutral creep XP with you. Basically, the worst case scenario, you deny all your creeps and a enemy hero sits in the fog leeching XP from the denied creeps and the neutral creeps you kill and outleveling you by doing nothing at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldarin View Post
    If you're pulling lane creeps to through the jungle, don't deny the lane creeps. If the neutral creeps kill them the enemy heroes will get no experience at all, whereas if you deny them, they will get the standard deny experience. In stead, they'll just share the neutral creep XP with you. Basically, the worst case scenario, you deny all your creeps and a enemy hero sits in the fog leeching XP from the denied creeps and the neutral creeps you kill and outleveling you by doing nothing at all.
    By "denying" i meant pulling creeps away and "feeding" them to neutrals. It's common practice on easy lane and the only "food" for support character, because he is not allowed to last hit on lane, and leech too much exp. Basically, you want to sacrifice as many allied creeps as you can, as soon as they drop below 50% i attack them to be sure that neutrals will kill as many creeps as possible.

Too many prophet players ignore the fact that some support heroes needs these two (small+big one), because pulling small camp>eating a tree near a camp> pulling big camp needed to deny exp+gold from enemies and to pull enemy creeps near your tower to keep you carry in safe.
    I can understand why jungle character will take said camps, only if easy lane (support+carry or solo carry) struggles against two-three enemies, but that requires different approach
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-05-22 at 04:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Eh, don't think 3k mmr is the worst trench. Although it shows sometimes that it's not gonna be a very good match when you have a Prophet who starts by cliffjungling, only to have his ass raped by enemy team's jungle Ursa... repeatedly. In their jungle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Oh he didnt speak english either. Gotta love SEA players in AUS servers.
    So this Profit would've been better if he'd spoken English? I doubt it.

SEA server is garbage and crashes constantly because E-Club Malaysia apparently has no interest or knowledge in how to run game servers of that size. It's a known problem, and it caused a lot of issues during the SEA TI4 qualifiers, too.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    At least I could have asked him nicely to stop doing that and use his Treants. I could explain to him its faster.
    Would he have listened? In my experience, the biggest assholes are the people that speak English, not the people speaking Russian, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, etc.

Like, when was the last time you tried to tell something they were doin it wrong, regardless of what "it" was? How often do you think they'll go "oh, okay, thanks for letting me know!" versus "stfu"?

I am fine with SEA using our servers if they deselect "english" and all play in non english speaking games.

This game requires communication. They do not communicate.
    Pinging and using the commorose is plenty to make basic, necessary communication with players. I use it all the time even though I use voice; some people are assholes and won't turn their music down, but using commorose and context-sensitive commands puts it in text so they're able to read it even if they can't hear it.

Just bind it something convenient, like Y and H.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    I only use Missing mid! and Get Back!. Those are the only two I use combined with pings to get my points across in game. That's all that's needed. Just watch popular streamers like Arteezy or Singsing. Rarely do they tell their teammates what to do or give relevant information. They just play the game and they win.

Someone needs to calm their tits, jeez. Anyway, finally got my Bristleback game and finished the 10 hero challenge! After 7 matches in a row trying to win as Bristle lol.

Deleted
    I'm happy with this patch in pubs. The overpowered heroes got nerfed and right now there is not really any hero that is out of line and OP in pubs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I'm happy with this patch in pubs. The overpowered heroes got nerfed and right now there is not really any hero that is out of line and OP in pubs.
    Huskar is still BS imo, people at my rating can't handle him at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you are right.

Although, I can admit I am sick to death of seeing Invoker or Mirana in games. Jesus... drop down on popularity already...

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    I think you are right.

Although, I can admit I am sick to death of seeing Invoker or Mirana in games. Jesus... drop down on popularity already...
    Invoker will never drop in popularity, because he's the only hero in the game that's fun to play when you're both wining and losing. If you don't want to play against him, just pick him yourself.

then proceeds to sit there until you leave
    That's how you get to play mid in pubs. It's common knowledge.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2014-05-22 at 05:23 PM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account
    Disagree. Death Prophet, Troll, and Lycan all hideously OP in pubs because people don't know how to defend against split pushing or don't understand the concept of "don't fight in the middle of Exorcism." Troll+Lycan on a team is basically an automatic win in a pub. Honestly, Troll in general is hideously OP and people are idiots for never drafting him, 30/60/90 IAS to his team at global range on short cooldown and negligible mana cost is obscene, and they even reverted an extremely necessary nerf with 6.81. Troll was good in 6.80, edging towards overpowered. Now he's back to flatly overpowered.

Silencer and Omniknight are OP as fuck in CD because you're not as likely to be able to draft heroes to deal with them, or avoid drafting a setup they don't counter. Personally I think CD is a billion times more interesting than CM, especially at the pro level, but the game's not designed around it. I'd have to go through my Dotabuff, but I'm pretty sure games where Silencer gets picked, Silencer's team wins a majority of the time, well over 50%. Global Silence 2 stronk.

Drow Ranger is extremely good right now, just a matter of time before people notice her. Gust makes every other silence (except Global Silence) look like kiddie shit.

Really, though, I don't think there are any gamebreakingly OP heroes (except Troll) at the professional level. For pubs in general, it's probably just DP, Troll, and Wolf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    I think you are right.

Versatile heroes always get picked a ton. See: Batrider, Dark Seer, Naga Siren. Invoker's a lot more versatile ever since the numerous Quas/Wex buffs and potm has always been a good all-round hero. Arrow is stupidly good for a level 1 spell and ridiculously hard to avoid if you aren't looking for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Disagree. Death Prophet, Troll, and Lycan all hideously OP in pubs because people don't know how to defend against split pushing or don't understand the concept of "don't fight in the middle of Exorcism." Troll+Lycan on a team is basically an automatic win in a pub. Honestly, Troll in general is hideously OP and people are idiots for never drafting him, 30/60/90 IAS to his team at global range on short cooldown and negligible mana cost is obscene, and they even reverted an extremely necessary nerf with 6.81. Troll was good in 6.80, edging towards overpowered. Now he's back to flatly overpowered.

Silencer and Omniknight are OP as fuck in CD because you're not as likely to be able to draft heroes to deal with them, or avoid drafting a setup they don't counter. Personally I think CD is a billion times more interesting than CM, especially at the pro level, but the game's not designed around it. I'd have to go through my Dotabuff, but I'm pretty sure games where Silencer gets picked, Silencer's team wins a majority of the time, well over 50%. Global Silence 2 stronk.

Drow Ranger is extremely good right now, just a matter of time before people notice her. Gust makes every other silence (except Global Silence) look like kiddie shit.

Really, though, I don't think there are any gamebreakingly OP heroes (except Troll) at the professional level. For pubs in general, it's probably just DP, Troll, and Wolf.
    Well, I talked from my own pubs. And I don't consider heroes OP like the way you seem to think of them. When we looked at pre-nerf TB or Phoenix the heroes just had too much. Those heroes were just strong, no matter how you played agianst them. However, if we look at DP, Troll or Lycan they are all not overpowered but can be strong if people are clueless what to do against them. But by that definition Rikimaru is OP too.

I don't see why you think Troll is OP. Autoattacks aren't that strong in most of the mid game where team fights happen. Spells have much higher priority. And the hero itself doesn't bring much in fights. You have to be right in the fight to do damage but you are easily kited and without BKB you go down fast.

Silencer is easy to deal with if you know how. People just overcommit when Global Silence is up.