10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Lol, our Void on easy lane was like "guys help top pls" when i disconnected, when i reconnected and we've got showed up to our tower (and enemy Jakiro was "stealing" our creeps through the jungle) Void was like "well, i hope Slardar will be able to carry this game, because i won't". Then he dinged 6 and with proper usage of his ult on greedy Jakiro (he was pulling our creeps near small camp on dire side and moved them to their creeps near their tower), he've got a kill and enemy chilled out. Then couple of ganks from mid, i've got gold (because i wasn't actually a ward bitch, for the whole game i bought like, 3 sets of wards) to get mah bracer soul ring boots and shit and we raeped them in teamfights (chrono+death ward works so good). Probably i'll quite SC2 for more games in dota because of it. Oh, forgot to mention.

When enemy Seer vacuumed our whole team +100500 creeps into a wall (we all were blocked by our creeps and enemy creeps surrounded us as well as illisuions and enemy heroes) i thought it was a team wipe. Well, i was wrong. ECHO SLAM. RAMPAGE.
    The entire reason offlane void is a thing and is actually doable is because of how ludicrously strong Chronosphere and Time Lock are. Blink into a fight, drop a Chronosphere, and you can easily pick up multiple kills. With just a Mask of Madness or maybe treads+maelstrom, you can very easily kill people solo inside a Chronosphere.

Which is fine, I like flexibility in hero choices and laning strategies. But Chronosphere's cooldown is way too short for how strong it is, especially if they're going to make Black Hole (much harder to use, much riskier to use) such a long cooldown.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Which is fine, I like flexibility in hero choices and laning strategies. But Chronosphere's cooldown is way too short for how strong it is, especially if they're going to make Black Hole (much harder to use, much riskier to use) such a long cooldown.
    You keep forgetting that BH is on Enigma who has tons of utility besides his ultimate while Void pretty much is his ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    You keep forgetting that BH is on Enigma who has tons of utility besides his ultimate while Void pretty much is his ultimate.
    Also your whole team can go to town on the other team during Black Hole, meanwhile Chronosphere only your ranged can do anything really.

Not that I disagree with him that Chronosphere is a little on the "Why does this exist" side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Not that I disagree with him that Chronosphere is a little on the "Why does this exist" side.
    I think it's fine with OP spells as long as they're balanced around the hero. I think it makes the game more interesting. Ball Lightning is quite an OP spell in itself but of course it's limited by mana but also from the cast animation of Storm and his squishiness. Take that spell and put it on Rubick without the cast animation of Storm and you realize how much stronger it would be without cast delay.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-07-05 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I think it's fine with OP spells as long as they're balanced around the hero. I think it makes the game more interesting. Ball Lightning is quite an OP spell in itself but of course it's limited by mana but also from the cast animation of Storm and his squishiness.
    Also true. Although Chronosphere does just make itself a giant target for rage, it's just one of those things that even if it was balanced, people would still probably hate it. Like Sniper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Void is a carry, generally speaking they're based around clicking things to death, but he's the only carry that has a skill that provides so much control and damage in a single button.

Enigma needs a ton of farm to leverage Black Hole properly assuming the enemy team is drafting well. You need a blink dagger for positioning, you need a BKB to prevent most silences and stuns, and you probably need some extra health or armor just to prevent people from right-clicking you down through the BKB since you probably won't be able to get more than 2-3 heroes inside a black hole unless they screwed up or you have something like vacuum on your team.

Malefice is really good. His summons are kind of good, but too slow to get much done aside from beating on towers or jungle creeps or Roshan. Midnight Pulse is more useful for clearing trees than anything else, since it's rare that people will actually sit there and stand in it.

That Void doesn't have as much utility as a handful of other carries doesn't justify Chronosphere being as overpowered as it is. It's not like his carrying potential is lessened to compensate for him having an AOE Fiend's Grip on a 60 sec cooldown. Void is pretty hard to kill if you can't keep him hexed, and like all bashlord heroes, he scales extremely well with attack speed.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Which one? The one that makes him look more like a curtain, or less like one? :P
    The one that you get from some new box that I don't have money for.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire reason offlane void is a thing and is actually doable is because of how ludicrously strong Chronosphere and Time Lock are. Blink into a fight, drop a Chronosphere, and you can easily pick up multiple kills. With just a Mask of Madness or maybe treads+maelstrom, you can very easily kill people solo inside a Chronosphere.

Nah, he wasn't "this" kind of Void with MoM, the sole reason why we've got out of shit on our lane, because Jakiro underestimated us, were really greedy and paid for it several times. If instead of Void it would be Huskar, Naix, it would've ended same. The thing with IAS Void, is that he is VERY reliable on Chrono, outside of it he deals crappy damage

- - - Updated - - -

Enigma needs a ton of farm to leverage Black Hole properly assuming the enemy team is drafting well. You need a blink dagger for positioning, you need a BKB to prevent most silences and stuns, and you probably need some extra health or armor just to prevent people from right-clicking you down through the BKB since you probably won't be able to get more than 2-3 heroes inside a black hole unless they screwed up or you have something like vacuum on your team.
    I've seen this so often, Void jumps in to throw an ult, with MoM up and shit, and global silence happens. Awkward. Any time i see Void comming you can throw an AoE skill under his feet, like, Linas stun, it chews away like 1/3 of Chrono duration. If you have an hallbert, you can use it on him and his Chrono is wasted. Even using Pipe will help, because time lock is magic damage. There is a lot to "counter" (see: ease the hit) Chrono, it doesn't really matter that its CD is that short with aghs (i still think that agh shouldn't make its CD 60, but decrease CD on 20 seconds instead)

Every time i see fucking loading screen with WR + Juggernaut it looks like WR has a huge wart on her nose
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-07-05 at 11:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    he's the only carry that has a skill that provides so much control and damage in a single button.
    Flak Cannon.

Death is a crowd control.

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    The one that you get from some new box that I don't have money for.
    So more curtain.
    I feel like most of invoker's sets are just more cloth with different shapes, or less cloth. I mean, I guess there really isn't much on him they could do, but still. (Disclaimer, not saying they look bad, because they don't, just feel a bit odd that they don't want to do anything really unique, which is subjective.)

Also that line of topic with my friends somehow brought up the idea of a Duke Nukem set for Invoker, where he goes around with a surfboard for some reason, and sunstrike becomes a missle...Don't ask.

I would buy it though.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2014-07-06 at 03:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Flak Cannon.

Death is a crowd control.
    Flak Cannon is easy to deal with.

Flak Cannon is easy to deal with.
    not when gyro has divine's

(any1 remember xboct gyro vs fnatic?.. his divines carried da game )
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    not when gyro has divine's

(any1 remember xboct gyro vs fnatic?.. his divines carried da game )
    Well, yeah, but rapier isn't normal on gyro unless they're trying to win from behind. I'd rather have a rapier Kunkka than Gyro, honestly

So more curtain.
    I feel like most of invoker's sets are just more cloth with different shapes, or less cloth. I mean, I guess there really isn't much on him they could do, but still. (Disclaimer, not saying they look bad, because they don't, just feel a bit odd that they don't want to do anything really unique, which is subjective.)

Also that line of topic with my friends somehow brought up the idea of a Duke Nukem set for Invoker, where he goes around with a surfboard for some reason, and sunstrike becomes a missle...Don't ask.

I would buy it though.
    Not sure what you expect Invoker to wear, Chaos Knight's armor? Intelligence (spellcaster) heroes/classes wear cloth in every game they exist in. That's one of the things that makes them my favourite.

Not sure what you expect Invoker to wear, Chaos Knight's armor? Intelligence (spellcaster) heroes/classes wear cloth in every game they exist in. That's one of the things that makes them my favourite.
    There is cases where casters where plate armor, it just depends on the game. But I know, that's why I said I guess there isn't much.

Like I feel like some heroes like Axe have a good selection, he has some actual armor sets, and then he has some cloth ones.

There is cases where casters where plate armor, it just depends on the game. But I know, that's why I said I guess there isn't much.

Like I feel like some heroes like Axe have a good selection, he has some actual armor sets, and then he has some cloth ones.
    I'm quite sure mages don't wear plate in any game. Otherwise it'd be a pretty shitty game to start off with.

I'm quite sure mages don't wear plate in any game. Otherwise it'd be a pretty shitty game to start off with.
    Battle-Mages of the Scarlet Crusade, son.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Battle-Mages of the Scarlet Crusade, son.
    That's not a playable class.

That's not a playable class.
    Uhm, woosh?

Dark Knight from Fire Emblem

Just because you don't like the idea of mages wearing plate doesn't make it a terrible game lol